Bought new set of fog lights

57 posts in this topic Last Reply

Joep

a bad case of what bugs Him??

Bamaeagle

Great Job Joe.......:clap::clap::clap:

Looks very good on your wing!!!!

Joep

Thank ya Bama... kinda did a rush job but haven't had fogs on in about a year that worked.. and didn't want to attach 55 watters back up to the battery direct,, and wasn't motivated enough to complete that relay setup with the cig lighter..

3degree

[user=895]Joep[/user] wrote:

these are not quite as bright as froggy's as these are one one hyperbright led per light verses multiple bulbs.. but I powered it off the 12+ from accessories and grounded it to the same location as the fairing ground.

did you (have to) use resistors before the LED light from the 12V???? Did you wire in a switch for them?

Joep

These have the resistance built in they are 12 volt lights out of the box and yes I wired in a switch so I could turm them off if desired.. wiring is only like 18-20 maybe even 22 guage.. they come with a three conductor switch

kristop64089

Well, If I can't find a set of LED's I like, I may be back to halogens. SO, what is the cigarette lighter relay?

Joep

I was gonna run my 55 watters off the same power as my lighter.. but was gonna use a 5 pole (87 and 87a ) relay to trigger the lights on and turn off the lighter.. I figured I wasn't gonna need to run 2 hi power draw items at the same time and the switch and the lighter were next to each other already... ( limited output of charging system was part of the reasoning for this train of thought..)