Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
Joep

Bought new set of fog lights

57 posts in this topic Last Reply

kristop64089

I like the lights, the fact that they are round is a bonus.

I really considered VTX's lights, but the shape and size, held me up.

How DEEP are these(front to back). I'd like to mount mine on the crash bars, but if it's not possible, I'll consider elsewhere.

Can the lights be removed from there factory bracket, and used? It looks like the can. I'd prefer the light to be directly mounted to my mount.

Joep

no these are rectangular 3 7/8 x 2 1/8 by 2 7/8 deep.. factory mounts use 2 screws on on each side.. but the bracket has a boss to hold a nut in place for through mount and larger bolt then screw...

lucky_x16

:watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching:

:watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching:

Joep

Hey Lucky you are using up all the Butter..

Bamaeagle

:watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::watching::looking::looking::looking::looking:

Joep

Have them installed will download photos when I come in later tonight..

lucky_x16

[user=895]Joep[/user] wrote:

Have them installed will download photos when I come in later tonight..

What?:ponder:

:looking:Here it is Sunday morning, and I am filling up on popcorn and no pictures?:looking:

:twitch:Are you in politics?:twitch:

Joep

no playing last minute junky work better under pressure.. etc... ( ranoff with out camera data stick)

Vegaswingnut

Vegaswingnut

[user=650]lucky_x16[/user] w

What?:ponder:

:looking:Here it is Sunday morning, and I am filling up on popcorn and no pictures?:looking:

Come on Lucky, he posted the box, what more do you need? :tap:

Joep

hey I will be bringing in the pictures tonight.. and posting them.. I will grab the sd card when I get home and do the pics and writeup..

Joep

Okay wipe off the butter from the hands and faces, put on these clean gloves ... here comes the postings and pics..

I bought some foglights at Pep Girls(Rudy's term) for about $50.. they are a single LED buld light long and narrow.. the wire harness is only 18-20 guage wires..

Joep

I decided I would mount these where I had 55 watters before in this location

Joep

So I wen to Lowes and bought some hardware to make the brackets, 3/8 all thread 1 foot length, nuts, washers, 4 foot square aluminum tubing 1/2 square, sauare nuts for 3/8 threaded rod, some oval head screws #10 and nylock nuts.

Joep

I placed the nut in the tubes end after cutting to length, 4 inches is what I ccame up with for the mount and staked the back side of the nut and hammered the front to hold it in the tube....

Joep

After I did both ends, I then drilled through one side and the other side for the braket screws. I opened one hole large enough to allow the head to pass through the tube. I then attached the light bracket to the tube.

Joep

I then ran the all thread through the square nuts and into my mounting location. I used a hex nut for a spacer and a cap nut for the finish end look, on the backside is a nylock nut to hold the position... You can see the access holes on top of the tubing and the staking of the nut..

Joep

after thi I took them apart except for the square nuts and painted the tubing Black to hide it some what... then I mounted them on the bike and this is what they look like...

Joep

I tested the lights with 3 volts on the left of the picture and 12 volts on the right..

Joep

and then with both sides on the 12 volts switch..

Joep

these are not quite as bright as froggy's as these are one one hyperbright led per light verses multiple bulbs.. but I powered it off the 12+ from accessories and grounded it to the same location as the fairing ground.

vtxfrog

looks good the joep nice job on the install.... :clap::clap::clap:

and you thought i wasn't paying attention......:hmm:

Joep

I appreciate your opinion very much Froggy.. they were avail when I had cash on hand so I got these.. they are small and unobtrusive.. and add some lights to the sides.. I am in skunkville TX and want to see what is at the sides of the road

lucky_x16

It looks great!

Who woke up t he frog?

kristop64089

I like the mounting idea. I'll have to double check, but I believe I have some chrome trim taking up those holes.

If not, I may try that.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,