Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
kristop64089

This getting older thing sucks.

27 posts in this topic Last Reply

kristop64089

Man, I wish I would have listened to everyone who said:"don't do that, or you'll regret it!"

Well, they are right. Between my job, which is physically demanding(HVAC tech), to my kids, which are MENTALLY draining, to riding, which can be both, I don't know how some guys do it.

The new bike is definitely a challenge sometimes. It's kick-start only, So my right knee has been "hyper-extended" at least 35 times in the last 2 weeks. Then the 2nd day I had the bike, somebody (not naming names:ponder:) was hot-dogging the bike(XL) and lo-sided at about 30mph in a turn in there yard. My wrist and fingers still hurt from that.

All in all, what I have learned is, the older I get, the longer it takes me to heal. I'm not old, by any sense(36), BUT I think all the years of playing hard, have finally caught up.

My wife is always telling me: "if you'd just grow up, you wouldn't be tore up!"

Maybe she is on to something...

devansgirl

:funny::funny::funny::funny:Sorry.. I really AM laughing with you :funny::funny::funny::funny:

Hodgy

36 ? Boy are you in for some surprises ! But don't grow up, that is no fun.

Joep

yeah then you have to give up the TOYS....

AspectTwo

:ponder:I think I was 38 before I really felt it.....then you just keep feeling it and especially when you try to do what you did, like you did in your 20's. :scared: Joe's right on the growing up part, don't advise it. Think I might try it around 60 or so....

AspectOne

[user=2]:egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt:devansgirl[/user] wrote:

:funny::funny::funny::funny:Sorry.. I really AM laughing with you :funny::funny::funny::funny:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::egypt:

Reinyrooster

36! Man, my favourite pair of shoes are that old! LOL!

Cactus_Jack

darn Reiny you need to use those shoes more. But then again they may be back in style now :ponder:

DigbyODell

I'm 38 and on daze like today I feel about 98... but after breaking nearly every bone in my body at least once.. Having an ACL from a cadaver, 2 steal plates in my ankles, a fake knee cap, back muscles torn so often my scar tissue has scar tissue...

Some daze I'm surprised I am even still alive :surrender:

Reinyrooster

Most days before I can get out of bed, I have to work the feet and the ankles loose so they will bend. Even then, the knees make so much noise that my wifes laughs, she says I could never sneak up on anybody. Guess I'll give up the Ninja training! LOL!!

Rudy

[user=911]Reinyrooster[/user] wrote:

Most days before I can get out of bed, I have to work the feet and the ankles loose so they will bend. Even then, the knees make so much noise that my wifes laughs, she says I could never sneak up on anybody. Guess I'll give up the Ninja training! LOL!!

Well if it makes you feel any better, today I ripped out your visit stump and tossed it in the creek for you.

I can relate to the getting things going before getting out of bed. The only thing that still works well is the bladder and it's working against us at that time of day. I have to plan it all over about 30 minutes each morning.

kristop64089

[user=911]Reinyrooster[/user] wrote:

36! Man, my favourite pair of shoes are that old! LOL!

It's been a wicked 36 years. I'm one of the few people on earth that had re-constructive surgery, after playing golf.!

Tattoo Taffy

as they say.."growing old is a given"..but "growing up is optional"

Joep
:COOL::cool::COOL::cool::hulk::hulk:

daWingster

Good Grief! I can hardly remember 36. I'll be 50 next week, have had 2 heart surgery's and an eye surgery in the past 2 years and still hittin' it as hard as time and money allow. Body parts may wear out but growing old is a state of mind. Keep at it, you young whipper-snapper!

plskthompson

36, dang you're getting old. LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh, wait, I'm not that far behind you.

fysty-1

[user=3]Tattoo Taffy[/user] wrote:

And you shouldknow. Eh Taffman?:funny::funny::funny::funny::scared::scared::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

fysty-1

I have just turned 63 and 2 yrs ago had a bad valve replaced.. My family generally does not have longevity in thier jeans and arthritis is a given but I now feel that I have another 20 years. I also have been riding motorcycles for 47 yrs and for all those youngsters that are under 50 & think that they are the be al & end all of motorcylist who think they can learn nothing else, jsut remember "growing old sucks" & some of us still want to ride out beloved motorcycles until the government says that I can no longer ride. Please Please remeber this the next time you see som old geezer or woman on the road with "training wheels".919_112351_480000000.jpg

919_112351_480000002.jpg

vtxfrog

well 46 going on110 and feeling like i was the inventer of DIRT! i have been lucky after 9 bike accidents 7 vehicle accidents and almost being on deaths door 2 from a deadly infection in my my blood i think i have pushed it to the limit enough..... BUT! i still enjoy the rush from a good 130+ run down the road :evil:

so i still fall back on ride fast live free and enjoy it the way you want with no regrets...:dance:

Tattoo Taffy

[user=919]fysty-1[/user] wrote:

And you shouldknow. Eh Taffman?:funny::funny::funny::funny::scared::scared::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
yeh!!!!.....i learnt from you ya old Witch :funny::funny:

kristop64089

C'mon guys, I never said i was getting OLD, I just said I was getting OLDER.:disagree:

Joep

old is a state of mind that leads to mindlessness..

fysty-1

[user=919]fysty-1[/user] wrote:

yeh!!!!.....i learnt from you ya old Witch :funny::funny:

Now Now Is that anyway to treat your Rainbow Gal? Even if it is true.:tap::tap::scared::rofl::rofl::rofl::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:

Reinyrooster

Rudy....what tractor did you use to pull the stump? LOL! I'm glad it's gone...was having nightmares about splinters!

Tattoo Taffy

Now Now Is that anyway to treat your Rainbow Gal? Even if it is true.:tap::tap::scared::rofl::rofl::rofl::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:

yes and yes, but you are still my favorite :egypt:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,