Sign in to follow this  
daWingster

FirstCavArmyVet

135 posts in this topic Last Reply

devansgirl

[user=1]Devans[/user] wrote:

[user=962]dwsonar[/user] wrote:

What about a fund held in reserve. If someone would be willing to manage it, we could donate as we have a bit extra. Just a thought.

I have thought of this also. I was going to start one after Phil and Erika's accident.

I would be willing to start a new paypal account, just for reserve funds. We could post a screen shot in the newsletters to keep folks up to date on the reserve. I'm 100% for it. I think it would be a great asset to the forum.

:clap::clap::clap::clap: I 100% agree....

beenshot

that sounds good to me. i'm for it

AspectOne

I'm another one who's not in a position to donate much. I just bought tires, a jacket, and a fork brace. Mom's already on my butt. I'll see what I can do.

I do have a suggestion for the future though.

What about a fund held in reserve. If someone would be willing to manage it, we could donate as we have a bit extra. Just a thought.

its an open invitation Dave, if you can send some great if not no worries your good will is as important as money. They need to know they are not alone in this.

We will continue to fund raise for them and have contacted some churches in the Tampa area too to see if we can get them some help this way as well.

Thanks...ALL!:clap:

Remember folks there is no pressure to send, we all work for a living and have bills to pay and kids to feed etc so just do what you can, if its prayer, goodwill, money a card what ever its the effort that matters as much OR MORE than anything else.

It all counts and we are making them aware of all the well wishes and prayaers as well as support coming their way.

Chris

Bountyhunter

I was talking to Asp-1 On the phone tonight and just found out about Brandi and Shea. When Chris told me of there accident my heart fell on the floor and I was immediately sickened. I hate to hear of anyone getting hurt. My prayers are with you both. I will send out a money order to Brandi A.S.A.P. Ken

plskthompson

I just found this thread. I hate to hear when something like this happens to someone, especially a veteran with kids involved. I'm not financially able to help at the moment, but I'm hoping that changes soon.

I have contacted a CMA chapter near that area, to see if there is anything they can do to aid with the situation.

Prayers go out to Shea and Brandi in this hard time.

AspectTwo

[user=1]Devans[/user] wrote:

I have thought of this also. I was going to start one after Phil and Erika's accident.

I would be willing to start a new paypal account, just for reserve funds. We could post a screen shot in the newsletters to keep folks up to date on the reserve. I'm 100% for it. I think it would be a great asset to the forum.

Dean and Dave, I was thinking about this last night just didn't know how to quickly get it done. Think it's a great idea!

Thanks so much guys for brainstorming on this and coming up with things to help. Great idea contacting the CMA. Angela, good challenge to folks in the area. Wish we had some forum members close to them.

Donna, not sure on the retirement benefits thing as Shea was discharged/disabled due to injuries in Iraq. I know he gets a small disability pay from the Army but somehow don't think he qualifies for full retirement benefit. That would screw up the Tri-Care deal I believe. Unfortunately Shea is the one to answer the questions and Brandi has been advised to NOT disclose her full injuries to him so there is no extra stress put on him at this time - somehow he is not quite stablized but I don't know exactly what that means yet. You know if they air lifted him from the hospital to the VA there is still some serious stuff going on.

Great work guys, keep up the brainstorming! :clap::clap:Thanks to folks for sending cards too. I sent some of our well-wishes in a document in the overnight shipment to her so they could read your kind words.

BTW, from what we understand the Community hospital triaged her, made sure nothing internal was bleeding, wrapped her up - not casted - and sent her home....seems they didn't like the no insurance deal. There is a sign up in one of our hospitals here, Baptist Medical, in the ER that says if you don't have insurance ALL they are REQUIRED to do is make sure you are not immediately in danger of dying. Anything past that requires requires downpayment and signing a contract or they may transfer you to the county hospital. She'd be better off had they done that instead of just sending her home to mend on her own. :rage:

daWingster

For you guys that know Shea personally, this web address may be of some assistance. For others, it's good info to have in case you have family members that are VETs.

http://www4.va.gov/healtheligibility/

God Bless our Men and Women that sacrifice all to protect our Freedoms! They deserve more than they get!

Jim (USAF Retired)

Warlock

Prayers from our family to theirs. I would like to suggest that if possible someone in their area need get a hold of the VFW and American Legion. Both have programs to help vets and their families.

Joep

Not to mention the DAV.... there should be an office for the DAV in the VA hosp.. they can recommend a local chapter..

kylesmuskie

It's really sad when the wife of a disabled vet can't get help. Maybe should should tell them she is an illegal alien. Then she will get all the help she needs free of charge.:baffled:

AspectOne

UPDATE!!!

Spoke with Brandi this morning and also Shea had called and left a message on voice mail.

Shea has been upgraded from critical to stable condition and moved to Bay Pines Hospital in St. Petersburg Fl.

Brandi has fractures and a shattered knee and is in Sarasota Memorial Hospital in Sarasota Fl.

Shea's mom has the kids as Toni had to go back to WVA to save her job.... this is the latest updates from the front lines... Both kids souned better and in better spirits, the bike they say is a complete and utter loss with absolutely NOTHING salvagable from it. The police gave them their helmets back and Brandi said the put them on a shelf with pictures and made a small memorial to the bike LOL so they have not lost the sense of humor.

Keep em in your thoughts folks, they need all the karma and good will they can get still.

A1&2

Warlock

Thanks A1. Good to hear.

Rudy

Ask what brand and model the back tire was for me will you?

I like keeping track of these things.

AspectOne

On Shea's bike?? It was a Metzeler lasertec I had installed prior to giving the machine to them. Wanted them to have new tires when they got it.

AZgl1800

I don't recall a description of how the incident started and what was the root cause?

Is that my CRS, or was it elsewhere?

I doubt seriously that Shea was doing something really wild with Brandi on with him.

AspectTwo

John, Dean posted the news report earilier in the thread. The hard thing is that Shea and Brandi don't remember before just prior to impact. It was raining, around 10:30 PM and he wanted to get out of the rain. Pulling into a curve, saw headlights that he thought were on his side, but the police report say he lost control and went towards the car and hit. Chris said things can appear different at night and in the rain so may be, but seems like something would've spooked Shea for him to hit. He rides careful especially with Brandi on the bike. So we're not so sure.

He was running new Metzlers - Lasertecs - that we put on the bike before Chris delivered it to them in FL. Chris has had excellent response from the previous Metzlers in the rain, so just not sure.

AspectTwo

So good to see the boy recognizable and still breathing air....or whatever is in that updraft tube....notice he was smiling a bit after that breath.....:yes:

beenshot

he looks good, all things considered.

plskthompson

He appears to be in good spirits considering the weeks activities.

Warlock

Hang in there Brother!! Prayers continue from here.

AZgl1800

Thanks Berta for the update and please let Chris know that we are thinking of him and Brandi.

The pictures mean a lot, thanks Chris. I did detect a smile in there so hope he gets better "real soon now".

John

Cactus_Jack

[user=20]AZgl1500[/user] wrote:

I don't recall a description of how the incident started and what was the root cause?

Is that my CRS, or was it elsewhere?

I doubt seriously that Shea was doing something really wild with Brandi on with him.

The post mentions that it just started to rain. Figuring they have the same problems with road oil in Florida that we have here I can see how everything could go pear shaped in a hurry.

AspectTwo

For sure on that one Jack. Wish they could remember more about the before but gotta think after flying into a windshield (Brandi) and bumper (Shea) could be lapsed for a bit.

Chris was texting with Brandi earlier tonight. She's back in the hospital (a good thing as she's getting some help with her injuries) and has a shattered knee & broken sternum that someone's gonna have to fix insurance or no. She's a real trooper! It may take the rest of their natural lives to pay off the medical bills, but at least there is a treatment option at this point.

devansgirl

Thats all that matters. At least they are both alive to pay the medical bills!! I thought Shea was at the VA? It said earlier he was transferred. Is he going to have to pay for that also?