Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
daWingster

FirstCavArmyVet

135 posts in this topic Last Reply

Joep

Sorry your Birthday got rained on there Angela... But best wishes for the new age today!!

Cactus_Jack

Shea and Brandi our thoughts and prayers go out to both of you from here in the cactus patch

Putt

Sorry to hear this. You guys are in our prayers.

In this area just this past weekend six people were killed on bikes. Season is starting off on a not so good note.

Rudy

I'm not in a financial position to help out right now due to having been unemployed for over 10 months now, but I did leave a comment to the article in the paper asking the community there to step up and assist where possible.

Just waiting for the paper to approve it so it will post.

Don't know if it will help but I don't see how it can hurt if they have no income.

AspectOne

You guys are great, many of us have no income right now. I was just telling |Berta that this kind of thing happens right after we spend every spare dime on something. It happens eveytime.

We buy this or pay that and something breaks or quites or someone gets sick.

We got tapped buying the 1800, of course its only temporary but hell its like a day later find out about Shea and Brandi... Bloody uncanny is what it is.

I am calling them shortly, will pass on prayers and sympathies and also post back what I learn.

Chris

kristop64089

AS1 Sent ya an email. I'll send more, when I can.

devansgirl

Ill have Dean send some as soon as he gets up..... I dont know how to do it :scared:

Devans

We will get something together and get it sent to Paypal today, Chris.

Best wishes to Shea and Brandi

AspectOne

Just got off the phone with Brandi, things are not good at all. She apparently has a shattered knee and broken collar bone as well as being beaten up pretty good. Having hell finding a doctor to help her with out insurance to pay for it too.

Shea was indeed transferred to the VA and is going to be in rehab for a LONG time, perhapsas much as 6 months although it is still to early as of yet to tell if the hip replacement is even going to work... needless to say his riding days maybe over.

Brandi's mom has to go home to WVA today or risk loosing her job so Brandi willbe basically on her own down there for a spell.

Bike is a total loss from what I understand.

This is the latest I have... we finally got Brandi to stop crying and apologizing for wrecking " our bike" .... bless her heart.

If you wish to send a card,letter or check you can send it to us and wewill forward it along with the paypal donations or you can send it directly to her...

Brandi Ghering

2234 Altitude Dr.

Northport, FL 34286

We will stay in close touch and let you all know how things progress.

A1&2

Rudy

The bike insurance should have had some medical on it. Have them check that.

AspectTwo

My heart just goes out to these guys. Heard Chris on the phone with Brandi this morning and she was just in tears. Pain is probably some of it, but she really sounded just in despair on the overall situation. I can't imagine being incapacitated at others complete mercy or help and not being able to take care of my family or myself. On top of it, she's seperated from Shea and can't be with him....can't even share with him her injuries or pain to save any additional stress for his recovery. That just has to feel very alone.:CRY:

Much appreciated all of you guys that can send a little something financially but I truly think at this point too, anyone who might send just a card or note with well-wishes and letting them know we're here and thinking about them, praying for them might do wonders too. Anything to let them know they're not alone or fogotten would be a real blessing. I know that some of the folks out here have been in situations in the past where you've been incapacitated for a time and maybe can share some thought on how best to get through it mentally as all the physical stuff works out the way it may. I personally have been extremely fortunate not to have had more than a couple of things happen where I had to rely on others. Wish I had some better advice for these two, but anyone who does please share with them.

I have contacted my brother and sister-in-law in Tampa hoping that their church has some options of outreach for these guys. I think they live around 60 miles from Tampa proper. If anyone has some family or friends down in that area that might check in on them I know it would be a blessing.

AspectOne

[user=5]Rudy[/user] wrote:

Not required in FL Ric so they had none.... I know, I know.:rage:

beenshot

in nov. 2005 i had a hunting accident that almost took my leg off. it was almost a year before i could walk again. anyway, enough of my trouble. what i learned from this is that material things mean nothing. family and friends are the only things that can't be taken away from you. every day i would get a card,phone call, or a visit from one of my large family of friends, this meant everything to me. when i decided to quit worrying about my financial and medical problems and started realizing that i had a wealth of friends that cared about me, i quit stressing and started healing.

lucky_x16

[user=1316]AspectOne[/user] wrote:

[user=5]Rudy[/user] wrote:

Not required in FL Ric so they had none.... I know, I know.:rage:

Auto insurance? Renters? Homeowners?

Sorry not in a position at the moment to donate.

AspectTwo

Not a push guys on donations - no worries if you can't as we're all tight right now. Well wishes are being forwarded and some funds collected thus far via FedEx Overnight today. Just letting them know we're thinking about them I believe will mean the world at this point.

One correction on their addy - this is how FedEx standardized it:

2234 Altitude Ave.

North Port, FL 34286

Thanks all!

AZgl1800

One correction on their addy - this is how FedEx standardized it:

Shea & Brandi Ghering

2234 Altitude
Ave.

North Port
, FL 34286

Thanks all!

Will drop a card today.

Question, is Brandi at home? I can't imagine trying to walk with a shattered knee.

And the children, who is taking care of them?

AspectOne

Just got off the phone with Brandi, things are not good at all. She apparently has a shattered knee and broken collar bone as well as being beaten up pretty good. Having hell finding a doctor to help her with out insurance to pay for it too.

Shea was indeed transferred to the VA and is going to be in rehab for a LONG time, perhapsas much as 6 months although it is still to early as of yet to tell if the hip replacement is even going to work... needless to say his riding days maybe over.

Brandi's mom has to go home to WVA today or risk loosing her job so Brandi willbe basically on her own down there for a spell.

Bike is a total loss from what I understand.

This is the latest I have... we finally got Brandi to stop crying and apologizing for wrecking " our bike" .... bless her heart.

If you wish to send a card,letter or check you can send it to us and wewill forward it along with the paypal donations or you can send it directly to her...

Brandi Ghering

2234 Altitude Dr.

Northport, FL 34286

We will stay in close touch and let you all know how things progress.

A1&2

This is what I know now John, its my understanding that Brandi's EX mother inlaw is coming to help watch the kids... she was still kind of hard to understand... we are getting out a card, check and a print out from the forums to them today.

Will post back soon as I know more, Fysty was gonna call so maybe get mor einfo then too... girls seem to understand each other better and I aint good on the phone LOL.

fysty-1

I know that I live on the other side of the continant but I was thinking. All these donations and well wishes are way beyond great but the one thing that hurts my heart a bit is that Shea & Brandi have to be parted @ this time. I don't know where the VA hospital is but is there no members in that area that could put Brandi up for a spell so that they can be together? How bout it people.:baffled::baffled::scared:

DigbyODell

Thanx for keeping us updated on the situation A1!

I will get a card in the mail ASAP!!

Cant help much $$ but will see what we can do!

Shea & Brandi, get well soon. We are all here for you!!!

devansgirl

Hey... Stupid question. But with Shea in the military, isnt there some military insurance that she can get? Or some help? :baffled:

AspectOne

Naw sorry it doesnt work that way now that he is out.

kylesmuskie

Prayers from Ohio, for a fast and full recovery.

dwsonar

I'm another one who's not in a position to donate much. I just bought tires, a jacket, and a fork brace. Mom's already on my butt. I'll see what I can do.

I do have a suggestion for the future though.

What about a fund held in reserve. If someone would be willing to manage it, we could donate as we have a bit extra. Just a thought.

devansgirl

Naw sorry it doesnt work that way now that he is out.

Oh. I was talking to my mom and she said anyone who is active or retired, their spouse could get Tri Care. She has it. Just a thought.

Devans

[user=962]dwsonar[/user] wrote:

What about a fund held in reserve. If someone would be willing to manage it, we could donate as we have a bit extra. Just a thought.

I have thought of this also. I was going to start one after Phil and Erika's accident.

I would be willing to start a new paypal account, just for reserve funds. We could post a screen shot in the newsletters to keep folks up to date on the reserve. I'm 100% for it. I think it would be a great asset to the forum.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,