Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
daWingster

FirstCavArmyVet

135 posts in this topic Last Reply

daWingster

I am posting this for Shea by his mom's request. This is all I know at this time but will post as I find out more. Jim

"This is Shea's Mom. He gave me his user name and password to post message. Please let his friends know that he and Brandi have been in a bad accident over the weekend. He is in Lee County Hospital Trauma unit. Busted up pretty bad , but alive, thank God. He will not ride soon, or walk for 6-8 months. I am sure he will post more when he can. I do not know how to post this to the general forum. Could you please post info for him? Thanks. Shari"

sniper

OMG, this is bad news. Hope to hear from you soon Shea and Brandi. Prayers and good luck wishes are coming to you and yours from Wisconsin. Again, hope to hear more and better news soon. Steve

DigbyODell

:surprised::surprised::surprised:

Let us know on their condition ASAP PLEASE!!!!

Bamaeagle

Wow!!!

Sorry to hear this kind of news!!

Prayers from Bama & Family.

Hope you have a fast recovery!

Devans

Thats terrible. Prayers from Donna and I Shea and Brandi!

dwsonar

So sorry to hear this. Shea and Brandi, heal well and fast.

devansgirl

Get well soon Shea and Brandi. Prayers are coming for you both!!

beenshot

prayers are with you in arkansas.

lucky_x16

So sorry to hear this Shea and Brandi.

Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Ghost Rider 2

Prayers froom Illinois. May God be with the both of you.

kristop64089

Your family is in our prayers

Devans

I found this guys...

Two hospitalized in Saturday night crash in Placida Posted by Mark Chapman on April 20th, 2010 at 6:30 pm,

with photos by Nancy Guenther Chapman

Chopper-3-286x190.jpgA heli­copter car­ry­ing Shea Gher­ing, 38, lifts off from the Pub­lix park­ing lot on Placida Road Sat­ur­day night and heads for Lee Memo­r­ial Hospital.

UPDATE & CORRECTION: 6:30 p.m. Tues­day, April 20

Two peo­ple, as orig­i­nally reported here, were hos­pi­tal­ized Sat­ur­day night after a motor­cy­clist lost con­trol of his Honda and crashed into another vehicle.

Motor­cy­cle dri­ver Shea Gher­ing, 38, was flown to Lee Memo­r­ial Hos­pi­tal in Fort Myers for treat­ment of his injuries, and his wife, Brandi Gher­ing, 28, was taken by ambu­lance to Engle­wood Com­mu­nity Hospital.

Engle­wood Edge orig­i­nally reported that two peo­ple were hos­pi­tal­ized, but did not have names. Tues­day morn­ing, a Florida High­way Patrol spokesman said that only one per­son was taken to the hospital.

How­ever, Edge received a call from fam­ily friend Eliz­a­beth John­son about 6:10 p.m. Tues­day. John­son had spo­ken with Shea Gehring, who remains in the hos­pi­tal, and was told that, indeed, Brandi Gher­ing had also been hos­pi­tal­ized Sat­ur­day night. Brandi was released Tues­day. John­son said that Shea indi­cated that doc­tors expect him to be out of com­mis­sion for three months.

The 10:31 p.m. crash closed a por­tion of Placida and Gas­par­illa roads.

The crash, at the junc­tion of Gas­par­illa and Placida, came shortly after it had started to rain. Accord­ing to John­son, who was relay­ing tele­phone infor­ma­tion on the spot from Shea Gher­ing, Shea was try­ing to get off the road when it began rain­ing because “He said he doesn’t like to ride in the rain.†John­son reported by Gher­ing said his rear tire slid out from under the bike, and he threw his wife off the rear seat before crash­ing into a gray GMV SUV dri­ven by Daniel Beach, 58.

Beach was not injured.

Engle­wood Fire Sta­tion 76 and Char­lotte EMS responded, along with Char­lotte and Lee County sheriff’s deputies and Florida High­way Patrol.

The heli­copter land­ing zone was set up in the Pub­lix park­ing lot on Placida Road.

You can comment on this story below.

If you want to link to this post from your site, use this trackback link.

kristop64089

Man, that blows. I HATE the rain. No matter how careful you are, something can happen. Hopefully he recovers quick.

The plus side is, he gets to live another day, to see and hold his family. The bike is just that, a bike. Life trumps all. God be with ya Shea.

daWingster

Thanks for the research Devans.

Devans

[user=1366]daWingster[/user] wrote:

Thanks for the research Devans.

No problem... I know others were curious as to what happened.. Its just our nature.

devansgirl

I have to give Shea a very BIG hand here. The way I read it, it says he "threw" Brandi off the bike.... That is awesome... He probably saved her life :clap::clap::clap::clap:

As I have seen from our forum members who have been in previous accidents, the passenger usually gets hurt more than the driver.

Great job Shea for your quick thinking and fast response. You probably saved your wife's life :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hodgy

My thoughts are with both of you.

Vegaswingnut

Best wishes for a speedy recovery coming your way from Vegas.

Please keep us updated on their condition.

AspectOne

OK folks we have been on the road and just got back. We found out about this on our way home when Shea called us in a drug induced haze and a bit later we were able to talk with Brandi's Mom Tony, at the hospital.

Shea and Brandi are busted up pretty good, Brandi is now at home with her mom able to look after her until Thursday when Tony will then have to go back to WVA. Brandi will pull through OK but be out of commission for a spell, Shea had an emergency surgury to repair a hole in is lung and also a full hip replacement among the broken ribs, arm and other things. According to Tony, Shea flat lined several times and was almost a gonner.

Shea is now being air lifted to the VA hospital there as I write this to you.

Shea's father is going to see about the bike, from what I understand there is not much left to see about... this is the latest news I have at this time. I told Brandi's mom I would call back again tomorrow when things had calmed a bit more to see where they are needing help the worse and see how best to help them.

IN THE MEAN TIME... Until I get Shea or Brandi's Paypal information worked out we are going to start taking up a donation for them. They have kids to feed, bills to pay and all just like the rest of us and they really did not have any money to begin with. They, like us live pay check to pay check and now that paycheck is gone so they are no doubt going to need all the help they can get from us right now and maybe in the immediate future.

Please paypal what you can, even 5 dollars is a help when you have young kids to feed to us AS A GIFT to rchitw@swbell.net .... Remember that by doing it as a gift Paypal will not take fees from it... please be sure to include your name and addee as well as forum persona ( unless donating anonomously ) so that proper care can be shown in keeping track of the donated amount.

This is all we have right now folks.... sad, terrible news for sure. These are good kids and they always brag and promote us on this forum and so I know times are tough and all but we gotta do what we can. I will post more when I know more tomorrow.

Thanks family

Chris and Berta Lemke

Boys037.jpg

100_0138.jpg

girlsandbike007.jpg

Joep

wow... that blows.. wish you all the best Shea and Brandi... Godspeed your recovery...

beenshot

chris, i sent a gift. let me know if you get it alright.

AspectOne

Got it .... thanks bro!

beenshot

o.k. that was a test, here comes some more.

AspectOne

[user=1606]:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::clap::clap::clap::banana::banana::banana::clap::clap::clap::banana::banana:beenshot[/user] wrote:

o.k. that was a test, here comes some more.

Thanks Larry

fysty-1

I sent a reply to Chris' double post on this accident then I found this post. This is not the way I wanted to say goodnight to my Birthday. This is absolutely heartbreaking. May shine his light on the GherÂing family.:CRY::cry::surprised: