Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
devansgirl

Even in a small town

27 posts in this topic Last Reply

devansgirl

Larger font size efff5f7a-4b14-11df-bc9a-001cc4c03286.pre buy-photo.gif Pastor Howard L. Hughes of the New Covenant Full Gospel Church at Walnut and Sixth streets took his sermon outside Sunday morning. People in the neighborhood say a shooting that occurred on West Fifth Street Saturday afternoon was done in retaliation for a gang-related fight that happened in the alley near the church between 12-1 a.m. Saturday.

MUSCATINE, Iowa — A Muscatine man — Stephen Alan Sterner, 21 — has been charged with attempted murder for allegedly shooting a 17-year-old Muscatine man Saturday afternoon.

Sterner,518 W. Third St., has also been charged with going armed with intent, willful injury and criminal gang participation relating to the incident.

The victim, Earl N. Wooten, was shot just before 1 p.m. Saturday in the 500 block of West Fifth Street, according to Phil Sargent, assistant chief of the Muscatine Police Department.

Wooten of Muscatine was shot in the upper body and is being treated at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, where he was taken by Muscatine Fire and Ambulance.

Sargent said the incident is gang-related and believed to be an act of retaliation for events that occurred Friday night. He did not elaborate on the nature of those events.

Sterner has a lengthy criminal history including arrests for assault, disorderly conduct and criminal mischief. He was arrested last year for criminal gang participation but the charges were dropped. Sterner has been arrested twice this year: once on March 15 for unlawful assembly and again on Feb. 3 for harassment.

The police are actively looking for a number of individuals for this investigation.

Persons with information about this incident should contact The Muscatine Police Department at 563-262-9922 and ask for Lt. Steve Snider or Detective Tom Tovar.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I have said it before and I will say it again. Any idiot can shoot a gun. If you want to be a big bad man and hurt someone for "smack talking your homeboy" than use your fist and beat them up. You may be more respected than being a coward and shooting him and running like a frickin sissy!!!! :whip::whip::whip::whip: Sorry. This just really pi$$es me off!!!

fysty-1

[user=2]devansgirl[/user] wrote:

efff5f7a-4b14-11df-bc9a-001cc4c03286.prebuy-photo.gif
Pastor Howard L. Hughes of the New Covenant Full Gospel Church at Walnut and Sixth streets took his sermon outside Sunday morning. People in the neighborhood say a shooting that occurred on West Fifth Street Saturday afternoon was done in retaliation for a gang-related fight that happened in the alley near the church between 12-1 a.m. Saturday.

MUSCATINE, Iowa — A Muscatine man — Stephen Alan Sterner, 21 — has been charged with attempted murder for allegedly shooting a 17-year-old Muscatine man Saturday afternoon.

Sterner,518 W. Third St., has also been charged with going armed with intent, willful injury and criminal gang participation relating to the incident.

The victim, Earl N. Wooten, was shot just before 1 p.m. Saturday in the 500 block of West Fifth Street, according to Phil Sargent, assistant chief of the Muscatine Police Department.

Wooten of Muscatine was shot in the upper body and is being treated at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, where he was taken by Muscatine Fire and Ambulance.

Sargent said the incident is gang-related and believed to be an act of retaliation for events that occurred Friday night. He did not elaborate on the nature of those events.

Sterner has a lengthy criminal history including arrests for assault, disorderly conduct and criminal mischief. He was arrested last year for criminal gang participation but the charges were dropped. Sterner has been arrested twice this year: once on March 15 for unlawful assembly and again on Feb. 3 for harassment.

The police are actively looking for a number of individuals for this investigation.

Persons with information about this incident should contact The Muscatine Police Department at 563-262-9922 and ask for Lt. Steve Snider or Detective Tom Tovar.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I have said it before and I will say it again. Any idiot can shoot a gun. If you want to be a big bad man and hurt someone for "smack talking your homeboy" than use your fist and beat them up. You may be more respected than being a coward and shooting him and running like a frickin sissy!!!! :whip::whip::whip::whip: Sorry. This just really pi$$es me off!!!

This is why ALL handguns ( this will create a storm) should be BANNED!!!!!! You guys that have aneed to kill something can take your rifles & kill yerself a deer or what have you. Hand guns have only! purpose & that is to kill people. If the good people like those on this site would hand over all thier handguns ( not permitted here) then the bad guys up here would have no place to get gun to smuggle up here. The activists say " guns don'tg kill people, people kill people" but they do it with handguns.:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip:

beenshot

i think it will only get worse. too many kids growing up with very little parenting and no discipline.

AspectOne

Angela I appreciate your passion but guns do not kill people, people kill people.LOL>>>

Seriously though outlawing guns means only OUTLAWS will have guns.

devansgirl

I have been seriously thinking about getting one. Dean gets mad at me when I want him to go to Wal Mart with me, but the truth is..... Im scared to go by myself. :scared: You never know what can happen. I have no self defense classes. I dont think I would even know how to punch in a situation like that. Im a small person, so I always think that I would be an easy target. My dad used to take me shooting with him all the time when I was little. We used to make our own bullets. I know how to shoot a gun. He had an older revolver.... I learned that if I aim at the crotch, I shoot the head :funny:

Just my opinion, but I really need to think about getting one. :baffled:

beenshot

guns are not the problem. lack of morals and responsibility is. if not a gun, it would be a knife, if not a knife it would be some other makeshift weapon. violence would not end if there was absolutely no guns on the planet.

DigbyODell

[user=919]fysty-1[/user] wrote:

This is why ALL handguns ( this will create a storm) should be BANNED!!!!!! You guys that have aneed to kill something can take your rifles & kill yerself a deer or what have you. Hand guns have only! purpose & that is to kill people. If the good people like those on this site would hand over all thier handguns ( not permitted here) then the bad guys up here would have no place to get gun to smuggle up here. The activists say " guns don'tg kill people, people kill people" but they do it with handguns.:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip:

Fysty..

Following your logic, we should ban cars.. They are used to run people over..

We should ban forks, they make people fat.

We should ban alcohol, it kills..

My point being, if somebody is to gutless to go face to face with somebody to "settle" a dispute, anything can be used as a weapon...

The only way somebody will get my guns is from my cold dead hands.

Joep

I am with Digger... England has done the ban thing and now they are thinking about banning knives for the same reason.. they are being used to kill with.. in the US those states that have allowed carry of concealed ( and some have open carry ) crime rate has gone down including murder with firearms.. in the cities where they were banned.. those rates went up.. teachings from the cradle about respect and right living have more to do with society issues and lack of it causes decay in acceptable behavior.. (flame off)

Rudy

Guns can be made in a garage over the weekend.

Gunpowder can be made with charcoal and salt peter.

Banning commercial sales and outlawing gun ownership simply leaves the populace defenseless against those who have no regard for the laws. As in outlaws.

That is exactly the case above.

I can always get the drop on you and bash your head in with a rock. Are we going to ban rocks? Ball point pens? Boiling water? Sporting equipment? Sticks? Anti-Freeze?

Tattoo Taffy

guns are for girls that don't have the balls to go toe to toe......nuff said

Bountyhunter

Well

kristop64089

I am an proud supporter of our second amendment rights. I am also an owner of quite a few guns. I conceal and carry daily, and open carry on occasion.

Banning handbguns does absolutley nothing, to prevent crime. Do you think those killers are law abiding citizens?

I'd be curious to see the per capita murder rate in Canada(or any gun bann country) Jack the Ripper never even used a gun, and look at his body count. In fact, if you do the research, most killers do not use guns, as their sickness is so violent, they use torture/pain methods.

Handguns are used by wussies, usually in crimes of passion, or heat of the moment arguments, where they want to gain the upper hand.

Ban handgun arguments are always started by the uninformed. If you look at the statistics, you would be inclined to argue different.

maverick_racer

Arizona just passed a law that says anyone can carry a concealed weapon. Goes into effect 90 days. Was passed last week. They decided that only the lawful citizens were obeying the law anyway.

Just wondering how to carry 5 handguns , 2 shotguns and rifles and stay concealed.:evil:

Devans

[user=866]maverick_racer[/user] wrote:

Arizona just passed a law that says anyone can carry a concealed weapon. Goes into effect 90 days. Was passed last week. They decided that only the lawful citizens were obeying the law anyway.

Just wondering how to carry 5 handguns , 2 shotguns and rifles and stay concealed.:evil:

I think every state should do this. You would be one stupid criminal robbing someone that you are unsure if they are carrying or not.

kristop64089

The position that handguns are made for killing only, is flawed at best. They are used,quite extensively for recreational shooting(such as sillouhettes, and target).

Handguns are inert, and do NOTHING by themselves. It is the HUMAN behind the trigger, that ultimitely decides what to do with the gun.

There has NEVER been a recorded incident of a handgun just releasing it's trigger, while laying unhandled. The human factor is the problem.

Hodgy

Murders with firearms rate in Canada is 0.00502972 per 1,000 people. Here is the list from highest to lowest for the world. Canada at #20, I believe that "lower position†has nothing to do with gun control.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_wit_fir_percap-crime-murders-firearm

The following is a comment by a newscaster on CBC television in Canada. His comments just about sum up my feeling on gun control. Useless, politicians need to get off their soapbox, address the issues and leave law abiding citizens alone.

kristop64089

I was at the mercy of my phone(while at work) so I couldn't elaborate on my post. On the countries with gun control, I'd like to how the murders were committed?

Point I wanted to make is, gun control(or lack there of) does not eliminate murder. Handguns may offer another choice, but they are certainly NOT the cause of murder.

Many things play into a homicide, and without stepping on toes, there are other "ethnic" factors, that are never mentioned. Hate, race, sexual orientation, education, personal history, all of these things play into it. SO, for someone to isolate one thing, and say it's the end all be all, is well...wrong.

I have many guns, I train with all of them. Would I use one with deadly force, you bet. You come with intentions of harm, at me or mine, I will do whatever I can to end the threat. Be it with a gun, or a SPORK from Taco Bell. ANYTHING can be used as a weapon.

Do a little research on the use of Dental Floss as a weapon. Look at prisons, ANYTHING the prisoners get their hands on, will most certainly be turned into a weapon, with enough creative know-how.

OK, rant off, I'm going out to ride. ;)

Rudy

Angela. Your point of view is still respected, no matter how differently we think about these issues.

Devans

[user=5]Rudy[/user] wrote:

Angela. Your point of view is still respected, no matter how differently we think about these issues.

I agree with Rudy. Everyone has an opinion on this issue, and everyone's opinion is correct.

I'm glad everyone was able to discuss this and keep an open mind and friendly attitude :COOL:.

beenshot

[user=1]Devans[/user] wrote:

[user=5]Rudy[/user] wrote:

I agree with Rudy. Everyone has an opinion on this issue, and everyone's opinion is correct.

I'm glad everyone was able to discuss this and keep an open mind and friendly attitude
:COOL:

that is what i like about this forum. a lot of good folks on here that can discuss their opinions without it causing a problem. even though i may not agree with someones opinion, i still respect it. there is no right or wrong idea in a free country, just different.

DigbyODell

[user=1606]beenshot[/user] wrote:

that is what i like about this forum. a lot of good folks on here that can discuss their opinions without it causing a problem. even though i may not agree with someones opinion, i still respect it. there is no right or wrong idea in a free country, just different.

Yes there is I am right you are wrong dammit now go away!! :twitch: :funny::funny:

Just kidding of coarse!!

This is one fine site:clap::clap::clap:

beenshot

[user=8]DigbyODell[/user] wrote:

[user=1606]beenshot[/user] wrote:

Yes there is I am right you are wrong dammit now go away!! :twitch: :funny::funny:

Just kidding of coarse!!

This is one fine site:clap::clap::clap:
where's my gun? i'm going duck huntin':funny::funny::funny:

devansgirl

:funny::funny::funny::funny:

Joep

Yeah AZ just passed freedom to carry, permits are avail especially if you will be in other states with agreements to honor carry permit.. it has always been an open carry state even when I was there in the late 70's early 80's... the law modified it so a women could have a gun in purse without permit and remain within the law and if a legally carried concealed was exposed by jacket/shirt movement it would not violate.. Good law..

devansgirl

I remember moving there when I was like 10 or 11. Going to the mall and seeing all the guns strapped to their side. I was freaking out. Then you learn and its just like second nature :yes:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,