Sign in to follow this  
AspectOne

Days Like Today

36 posts in this topic Last Reply

durangod

why thank you Joep appreciate that but i need more like a chain saw than a knife at the moment lol...

24.4ZOOM

Argument on another forum? That's inconceivable! Wasn't Irish or Canadian was it? Either way, I'm not sure who said this, but I have found this to be true "Sometimes it takes an entire tank of gas to clear your head."

1200cc Therapist,Patrick

Joep

Hmmm I guess I need about a double dose.... of throttle therapy

Devans

I thought this one was amazing! This cemetery has headstones dating back to the early 1800's. This headset apparently fell, many years ago and was placed up on this tree. It has been there for so long that it appears to be part of the tree.

AspectTwo

Very cool Dean! Joe, hang in there .... weekend around the corner and over the hump.

Joep

yeah I can hang.. and the weatherman ain't being helpful... promising more liquid in the face..

Geezerglider
Holy Cow!!!!!!!!! I'm going to have to start frequenting this page more often! I'm a month late finding this thread, and man what I've missed. I hope the days that get off to a start like that are few, but next time you feel one coming on, give me a ring! :COOL:

Geezerglider

[user=1645]tenorjazz[/user] wrote:

[user=2]devansgirl[/user] wrote:

I like old cemeteries. The old headstones, and the history of it :scared:

Sorry.... :surrender:

Have you ever seen the old cemetery in Skagway, Alaska? It's small, but the way it sets in the woods and talk about history!
The one in Telluride, CO. is quite interesting too. The men who came to work in the gold mines were from every where. I remember two markers side by side, one had fought for the Union, the other for the Confederacy, and another man from Sweden.

AspectOne

[user=659]Geezerglider[/user] wrote:

Holy Cow!!!!!!!!! I'm going to have to start frequenting this page more often! I'm a month late finding this thread, and man what I've missed. I hope the days that get off to a start like that are few, but next time you feel one coming on, give me a ring!
:COOL:

Thanks Frank, will do brother.:wave:

dailyrider51

I hate days like today.

I can honestly say I don't think I have read anything or seen anything as deeply moving as your post in many many years.. Thank You A1 for posting this. Loved the pics and story.:clap:

Wingunner

Aspectone,

I must agree with all...Excellent post. I can picture that coffee-table book sitting in my living room. Bold title on the cover photo: 'Throttle Therapy'...That would be just the thing when I've had one of those days or the winter is dragging on.

Great photos and some beautiful country!

I think the cemetery book would be another good one when you start publishing these..:COOL: Lots of history and hidden stories around those places. Some very interesting and sometimes creative markers too.

My youngest got married in Skagway several years ago and they decided the correct location would be the falls above the old cemetery that was mentioned. Had to hike right up past Soapy Smith's (and a bunch of others) grave sights. It was a great location, accompanied by the ever-present southeast Alaska 'humidity'.

Hope you're having fewer of those days, but getting lots more time on the throttle anyway!