Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
AspectOne

Days Like Today

36 posts in this topic Last Reply

AspectOne

I started out on a bad foot yesterday. Had an argument on that "other" forum. Got called names and accused of misdeads. Not getting along is one of my strong suites apparently. Morning continued a down hill spiral until I said to hell with it. I walked out the door at noon and got my wing and left. I hate days like today.

DSCN0710.JPG

After riding a while in the beautiful Ar spring, sun and 75* with light wind my mind began to ease. Relfections started to come on my part of what had happened and how I am to old, to ill, to grouchy... well you get the idea. So I twist the throttle harder. I really hate days like today.

As time and miles pass by I am finally starting to feel my blood pressure come back down and so I stop to take a rest and have a smoke...

DSCN0703.JPG

I had noticed going across Texas and New Mexico all the wonderfull old barns and homesteads, funny how you get so involved in life where you are that sometimes you just miss the natural beauty of where you are at that time in your life... I hate days like that.

DSCN0716.JPG

As time passed I know I really should turn back and head for home... lots of work to do waiting for me but I just cannot force myself to do it... so turning North I give my ole wing some leash and let her out a bit.... I don't want to go back. darn responsibilty pulling at me again. Not today. I hate days like today.

DSCN0717.JPG

Man, there are those days, when you just feel apart, disconnected or "outside" of everything. I bet most of you know what I am talking... time is really starting to pass now. Or stand still depending on where you are at that point in your life.

DSCN0732.JPG

Am I trying to outrun my problems??? What am I doing so wrong??? How do I fix this, how do I save that, how do I handle this other... time blurs as I continue North not caring anymore that I maybe won't get back anytime soon today. That lake sure looks nice. Maybe I will go there and find some solice... another day like today and I could just sit down and cry.

DSCN0748.JPG

I smoke no less than 3 ciggs here, just admiring the lay and view of it all. Life can be so simple when you are here, lost in time on a wing. Why can't life be that simple during the other times. Why is everything so complex while I am so simple minded. By now I am really feeling so inadequate, so not cut out for lifes challenges... sometimes the saddle is the only place I feel at home.

DSCN0754.JPG

Moving farther North, I finally decide its time to head west... I am also starting to finally realize some things... the pieces are finally starting to fall back in place again. I am a real jerk. I have been the one messing things up. I really hate myself for days like today.

DSCN0789.JPG

Looking at scenes, sureal as they are I again start to see life is only temporary, life is only here for a short while and we are only human. I am only human. All things pass with time... trees grow, streams flow, buildings crumble and hurts are eventually forgiven if not forgotten. Forgotten on days like today.

DSCN0769.JPG

DSCN0768.JPG

Took me a good amount of time and road to finally realize these things again...in fact I ran out of road for a spell even...

DSCN0772.JPG

So as I take in the natural beauty of this place, and it sinks in that I knew these things all along. I just let my day and its problem blind me from them.. another forest for the trees thing I guess. How many more days like today do I have to go through before I finally start showing some wisdom... I can be such a dumb butt when I know better. I really wish I could start using some of this "maturity" everyone talks about. Especially on days like today.

DSCN0776.JPG

Pulling back on to asphalt from the gravel road and turning South I am now starting to feel some better... darn I hate days that start like this...especially when I am the cause of my own problems. why cannot I not learn to just shut up. Not shoot my mouth off before my brains are loaded on freakin days.... yea like this.

DSCN0788.JPG

As I head on deeper into the mountains I am constantly reminded by the sun and my trusy old wing that this day too shall pass. Tomorrow will be a chance to do it better than I did it today. I hope I can make tomorrow a better day, instead of one like this.

DSCN0808.JPG

Yea guess I had better head back after all. People depend on me. It isn't good to run out when things get hard. Just makes em worse. Heading back though I just have to stop one last time.

DSCN0818.JPG

I have another smoke and take it all in. Maturity, responsibility all of it. I finally start realizing again that not only do I need to be thankfull, but just how thankfull I really am and should be. Thankful for my family, my friends, and for my wing and other things. Just go back Chris. Go back and apologize to those people. It will be OK. So I start heading for home with the sun going down over the Ozarks and I finally start to forgive myself a bit while realizing too that I AM actually grateful for all those things.... and yes even for days like today.

AspectOne

Vegaswingnut

It's amazing how a good days ride will blow the cobwebs out of your head and help you think a bit more clearly..... Glad you had a good ride Chris, the photos are amazing!

AspectTwo

Chris came home in a nice mood - that made me truly grateful too! Even without the ride...:eyeroll:

dwsonar

Glad you're feeling better.

If I had known you were down, I wouldn't have made fun of you about thinking.

AspectOne

[user=962]dwsonar[/user] wrote:

Glad you're feeling better.

If I had known you were down, I wouldn't have made fun of you about thinking.

:looking:I love that I can count on my friends bro..... luv you man!!!!:yes:

LOL

DigbyODell

Great pix and story A1!!

I know we have had our difference's... All things shall pass, if allowed to do so...

If anyone says they never had a day like that..They lie..

Amazing what 1500/1800 cc's of throttle therapy can do for a man:watching:

AspectOne

Thanks Digger...Throttle Therapy. Good name for it.

Monk

Throttle Therapy ... I like that ... very good name for it ...

The Wing is a good Therapist ... sure helped me a lot back when I was working...

Good to hear you are doing better ...

sniper

Great write up Chris and the pics were beautiful too. Glad your throttle theropy worked for ya.

Keep'er in the draft bro, we are always here for ya!! :winker:

DigbyODell

I told my boss around 11:30 fri that the Dr called and said I needed at 1800 cc's of throttle therapy for 6 hours ASAP... He just laughed and walked away :baffled::funny:

plskthompson

Do the doses of throttle therapy only come in 1500 or 1800? If so, I'm screwed, I've only got 1100.

Great pics, Chris. One of these days I'm going to make a trip similar to some of the day trips that happen here.

Joep

yeah we have to learn to use ours more for the same benefit.. hmmm 700cc's less means we ride 50% longer.. weeks off not days!!

DigbyODell

[user=1136]plskthompson[/user] wrote:

Do the doses of throttle therapy only come in 1500 or 1800? If so, I'm screwed, I've only got 1100.

Great pics, Chris. One of these days I'm going to make a trip similar to some of the day trips that happen here.

Throttle therapy comes in any doses you have... As long as you have the breeze on your knees.. It will work :dance:

AspectTwo

:evil: He thought it was gonna be another "days like today" when I got home from work.....why do you guys mess with when you see it is futile??:doh: Surprised he didn't go out for another long ride! Sorry honey.....:eyeroll:

Joep

Ahhhh I was born that way???? My grandson takes after me.. gotta see what makes it tic.... don't need that nut.. nor this screw.. now why don't it work right??

durangod

glad you feel better chris, im envious, i have not been on mine since last august. It just sits there..

that prob explains why im depressed and in a crappy mood every day lol

AspectOne

Get off your duff and make your way out here for a week or two then... told ya wont cost ya nothin but gas you can plant your feet under my table and use the front room all you like bro.

Stop sulking and get moving SOLDIER!!!!

A1

tenorjazz

Chris,

Great pictures, I've been thinking of doing a "Barn" tour. Just going around taking pictures of all the barns I can find. There's something about these old buildings that seem to suck all your tension away and leave you feeling so much better.

Over the years I have lost both my parents and one of my brothers (he died way to young) and now I only have one brother left. It struck me how fragile life is and that I need to start living it to the fullest. I do everything I can to enjoy my life now, if something is upsetting me I try to fix it or if I can't, I just walk or ride away.

So get on your bike and ride till it brings things back into perspective, it's a good thing!! Enjoy your life :dance: it's the only one you get and life's just way too short not to.

Les

devansgirl

I like old cemeteries. The old headstones, and the history of it :scared:

Sorry.... :surrender:

tenorjazz

[user=2]devansgirl[/user] wrote:

I like old cemeteries. The old headstones, and the history of it :scared:

Sorry.... :surrender:

Have you ever seen the old cemetery in Skagway, Alaska? It's small, but the way it sets in the woods and talk about history!

Devans

We have a lot of old cemeteries here, in the middle of nowhere. You will be driving down an old country road and you can see a small cemetery tucked in the trees. I really should start stopping and getting pics. :ponder:

Joep

hmmm I know of 2 that are in the middle of town.. both real small ones.. most likely family plots..

AspectTwo

I love that you guys have gotten some old cemetary pics! Saw some on your FB pages. I adore them. History, just love the history! Down here you find Civil War cemetaries, etc. Family plots are interesting too as you can see the history in the layout and the stones - not only the families but the workers or slaves. Not something too cool to remember but it's a part of it and it defines our Southern history. Then there's little country towns, you can really see the hierarchy and history of them from the cemetary - especially @ the old Baptist Churches - usually the biggest in town in the Bible Belt, but especially intersting when it's not the Baptists.

I have the history of our town - Little Rock - AR capital where my family has been for over 100 yrs or so. I can still to this day take Chris down to the oldest cemetaries and layout the town almost in neighborhoods & social structure for him just via the layout of the graves.

Ok, I'm done.:eyeroll: Sorry, just love this stuff!:baffled::CRAZY:

durangod

ty chris, when i get paid for this job i might just do that, im tied down here at the moment.

Joep

[user=1317]durangod[/user] wrote:

ty
chris, when i get paid for this job i might just do that, im tied down here at the moment.

Hey Dave I slip ya knife so you can be untied!!!