Sign in to follow this  
fysty-1

*RUST!!!!!*

18 posts in this topic Last Reply

fysty-1

I went into my Gazebo in order to start up Baby after the winter and move her outside. Well did I ever get a shock. Not only did it surprised me that Baby started right away,. I found that most all of the access that I bought withing the past 2 years was completely covered in rust. I went inside and got a pail of hot water & a SOS pad and gently tried to remove but to no avail. Even CLR wouldn.t budge it. That'll teach me to by cheap products. I contacted Arther @ Goldwing Chrome Toys to advise him of the particular distributer concerned and as there is a rule here about slander, I can;t advise you fine people of the company that distributes the parts concern. I told Arther that because of his fine service, I will continue to buy any product he sells( that I need or want) except the products in question. As far as the parts on Baby are concerned. I will replace the driving lamp but I think I am going to strip down the antenae mounts and paint them. There are only a couple of other smaller items that I will probably just illiminate as they are engine dress-up pieces and I am installing Markland ABS engine covers. If I could afford it, I'd take all the chrome on Baby off & replate it.:rage::rage::CRY::cry::CRY:

Devans

Hey Angela, if they are metal parts try using wadded up aluminum foil with a bit of water on it. It works wonders on surface rust.

devansgirl

Sorry to hear that Fysty... Hope you can find something to replace it with, or get the rust off

fysty-1

[user=1]Devans[/user] wrote:

Hey Angela, if they are metal parts try using wadded up aluminum foil with a bit of water on it. It works wonders on surface rust.

Dean unfortunatly the driving lamps and anttenae mounts are now pitted. Carb covers are just surface. I am going to get a pair of the Optronic unit as mention in the lighting section. All other Chrome goodies I will lightly sand I spray a couple coats of a good clear acrylic. Might even go with that paint that gives a gold ( brass) appearance ( anodi9zing I believe). I have always thought that that after I paint Baby Pearle Sapphire Black, that she would look great with gold trim. Much like Yammies Midnight Special.:evil::evil::evil::evil::woohoo:

Rudy

Is this a company that is often controversial?

fysty-1

[user=5]Rudy[/user] wrote:

Is this a company that is often controversial?

No Rudy It is not S**&%*%$#. As I said earlier, I deal for the most part with Goldwing Chrome Toys any Arther ( owner) is a great guy & his CS is second to none. It is one of the suppliers he deals with. And it all begins with an A%#-&%.:whip::whip::rage::rage::scared::scared::scared::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:

Rudy

Ahhh... thanks.

mikef

Yeah. I've noticed the same thing.....

AspectTwo

That sux Angela! Glad you contacted them about the particular parts. From what I can tell, many of our chromies on Barney are Goldwing Chrome (came with the bike) & we haven't really had too much rust issue.

Cactus_Jack

So Angela do you suggest that we really watch the parts that we Add On to our wings because the make up might not be what we'd expect? :baffled:

mikef

Oh, that was GOOD!

Devans

:rofl: yes it was....:clap:

Cactus_Jack

:hulk::hulk::hulk:

fysty-1

[user=511]Cactus_Jack[/user] wrote:

So Angela do you suggest that we really watch the parts that we
Add On
to our wings because the make up might not be what we'd expect? :baffled:

:funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::rage::rage::whip::whip::whip::scared::scared::kick::rock:

Well then I'm glad I didn't say it. At least I won't have to worry about the rotor covers rusting. Chromed plastic!:rofl::rofl:

Rudy

[user=919]fysty-1[/user] wrote:

Add On

:funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::rage::rage::whip::whip::whip::scared::scared::kick::rock:

Well then I'm glad I didn't say it. At least I won't have to worry about the rotor covers rusting. Chromed plastic!:rofl::rofl:

No, they disappeared completely in your avatar. :yes:

AspectOne

lol

lucky_x16

Just my 2 cents.

1st) Sorry to hear about your baby Angela.

2nd) A soft cloth and a coat of WD40 before you put her away in the winter, works wonders.

fysty-1

[user=5]Rudy[/user] wrote:

[user=919]fysty-1[/user] wrote:
Add On

No, they disappeared completely in your avatar. :yes:

919_051413_170000000.jpg