Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
vtxfrog

LED DRIVING LIGHTS ! ! ! ! *NEW LOWER PRICING*

125 posts in this topic Last Reply

vtxfrog

????

Hodgy

I am out very seldom at night, just twilight coming home. To many deer and moose around here, I have enough trouble dodging them in the day. Wanted them more for visibility with the cagers.

They don't stick out and blend into the bike, other than when they are on. I think the light being on the bluish side will also make them take notice. Got them set a little high just to catch their eye. If I was using them as night lights I would have to aim the down a bit.

vtxcandyred
I'm stopping tonight to pick up the mounting brackets to do mine. I have that and relocate the trunk AND mount the tires to do in the next week or so.

vtxcandyred
Well, I installed the lights and all I can say is ho hum. They're not even noticable with the head light on. A waste of money as far as I'm concerned. One row of led's and barely seen. I put the light right up to my face and my mag light is brighter. Oh well.

vtxcandyred
Well, after taking a shower and grumbling about it I decided to check things out. For some reason, the electrical box I attached them to must be a low power outlet. All of the accessory lights are connected there. I put the power lead to the battery and there they are. So its a simple matter of a rewire and I should be in business.

Hodgy

Ya, something wrong with your hook-up. If I get that close I see spots for 10 minutes.

They are brighter than my headlights. Let us know how you make out.

vtxfrog

???

JeffM

I must have missed the procedure for ordering a set of these. Can someone help an old guy out here?:doh:

Joep

Hey Froggy he is calling for ya!!!

sniper

[user=1737]JeffM[/user] wrote:

I must have missed the procedure for ordering a set of these. Can someone help an old guy out here?:doh:

Just PM this guy....[user=343]vtxfrog13[/user]....he will help you out.

vtxfrog

???

vtxcandyred

TADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got them mounted and they are great!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks froggy for the pick up and bountyhunter for the delivery. They are B R I G H T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!836_120850_460000000.jpg

Just the headlight. 836_120841_500000001.jpg

The the led's!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoa dude. 836_120855_500000003.jpg

And where they are mounted. My options were limited. 836_120855_500000002.jpg

Joep

very interesting way to use the hiway foot peg mounts..

JeffM

Just ordered my set. I already have a bar and some lamps already mounted. I just want to get those filaments out of there and use the LED's.

vtxfrog

????

sniper

Glad to hear you are still moving the lights Froggy. Now it is just that much better of a deal. Saving 10 bucks would have been cool but I am very happy with the lights, even at the "premium" price. LOL. Thanks Again, Sniper.

JeffM

Well I got mine today. Installed them today. Went riding tonight. Oh my are these things nice. They light the road like nothing I've seen. I do have a switch on mine that was there when I got the bike. I went out cruising in the country and shut them off. How did I ever ride with such little light. They have to make a difference during the day also.

I recommend these highly and I didn't even get the price break. :dance:

sniper

Well.....lets see'um!!!! :picture::picture::picture:

Joep

:watching::watching::watching::watching::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled:

JeffM

[user=1236]sniper[/user] wrote:

Well.....lets see'um!!!! :picture::picture::picture:

Well,, they look like all the other pictures. It is something you have to see in person. I will try and get some shots.

vtxfrog

???

Hodgy

Cagers seem to notice the bike better since I installed the lights. It might be the blue hue that catches their eye. This is all daytime riding.

I have had less of them pulling out from a stop or yield sign in front of me.

Thanks Froggy.

pwhoever
The pictures of the lights are very good but I couldn't see what type of connectors are on the ends of the + and - wires. Are they bare or are there connectors. Also if I have a wiring harness already set up for auxilliary lights, do I need anything special to connect them? I saw something about a "heat sink" TIA

Hodgy

They come with "bullet" connectors on both positive and negative. No special set-up required as you can use you existing wiring. They will not work if you mix up the + and -.

I did not use the bullet connectors as they are a invitation to corrosion over the years. I soldered the wires instead and heat shrink the connections.

Devans

this type of connectors are what is on them,,,

D10_BulletConnectors_1.jpg