Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
vtxfrog

LED DRIVING LIGHTS ! ! ! ! *NEW LOWER PRICING*

125 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hodgy

Thanks for the pic Sniper. Looks good.

fysty-1

[user=1]Devans[/user] wrote:

You probably just skimmed over it :whistle::funny::funny:

Here is what Optronics has to say about them.

"DLL Series LED Docking Lights

Illuminate docks, buoys, breakwaters and other watercraft with these ultrabright LED docking lights. Beam illuminates reflective surfaces at over 500 yards, and the rugged, weatherproof design is suitable for fresh and saltwater applications. Cool burning LEDs produce little heat–no hot lens to burn or crack. Features include:

• Optically engineered lens produces wide, flat beam
  • Gasketed lens and wiring for weatherproof performance
  • Low amp draw–0.683 amps at 12 or 24VDC
  • Dual power–works with 12VDC and 24VDC systems
  • Durable diecast aluminum housing, coated for protection against corrosion and UV exposure
  • Impact resistant polycarbonate lens–same material as bullet proof glass
  • Fully adjustable, corrosion resistant stainless steel mounting bracket and hardware."

Take note of highlighted area. http://www.optronicsinc.com/docking.htm

:disagree::yes::clap::clap::clap::drool::drool:

vtxfrog

???

fysty-1

[user=343]vtxfrog13[/user] wrote:

nice find there fysty...... never could find that page but glad someone did...

When I first saw the manufacurer of the subjects lights, I didn't have to look far as Optronics is in my favorites as I have bought from them in the past.:egypt::egypt::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::woohoo:

vtxfrog

???

vtxfrog

????

Hodgy

Got the lights from Frog yesterday. Hooked them to a battery last night, wow bright. If you have been following this thread you know the lights are for my son's 250 KTM. He does a fair amount of night riding in the winter and these will be good.

They throw a flat beam with wide dispersion. If you want to be seen, these are them. To bad I mounted my air horns under the headlight because these would fit the 1500 nicely on either side of the front forks with little trouble.

Here is the link showing discussions on where I should mount air horns. There is a pic of my horns under the fairing. These lights would fit in there just nice.

http://www.northamericangoldwings.com/view_topic.php?id=4288&forum_id=24

vtxfrog

???

Hodgy

Sniper what is Bountyhunter? Want to look at some light bars for my bike. Can;t seem to find a easy place for mounting the LED's.

fysty-1

[user=518]Hodgy[/user] wrote:

Sniper what is Bountyhunter? Want to look at some light bars for my bike. Can;t seem to find a easy place for mounting the LED's.

Hodgy, Bountyhunter is a member. You can get that bar from http://goldwingchrome.com/N_ItemDetails.asp?parItemID=476&parCategory=GL1500

Good luck. Angela:egypt::egypt::tap::tap:

Hodgy

Of course, was not thinking that way. Thank you for the link. How is the "Wet Coast" today ?

Hodgy

fysty-1

Of course, was not thinking that way. Thank you for the link. How is the "Wet Coast" today ?

Hodgy

Have a bright overcase just now. S'pose to rain tonight. Yesterday was fab. Got a bunch of piddly things done on my trailer. new lighting ect. Took Baby for a ride around the park I live in as I still haven't plated her yet. :scared::disagree::yes::yes::yes::yes: Angela

Hodgy

Was 18 here yesterday, went for a ride into the mountains, beautiful. 20 and sunny today but got to do some yard work before it rains later in the week.

sniper

Hodgy, I posted in the wanted on here and Bountyhunter had one that he wasn't using. Got it from him. Someone else pm'd me as well, forgot the name. You might want to try that too, it might just save you a buck or two. I believe if you were to e-mail the nice folks at cyclemaxohio they would set you up with one as well. On their websight they just show the light bar including the lights but they have been known to sell you just what you need, you know, just the bar. Anyway it's worth a shot. When you get them mounted you know we will be expecting some:picture::picture:. Hope this helped. Sniper

vtxfrog

???

Devans

I like it. Where did you get the bar Hodgy?

Hodgy

I made it Dean. The bar is 20.5" long as I wanted the lights to be within the width of the bike and not stick out.

It is made of stainless steel, 1/2" solid rod, 1 1/4" flat stock and 1 1/2" angle for the tabs, which I ground flush after welding it.

The two tabs in the middle attach with the bottom fairing mounting bolts which go into a metal frame behind the fibreglass. Nice and solid.

Cost $16 for the material.

Thanks for posting the pics Frog.

kristop64089

Not to get all nerdy here,But, any idea of what kind of heat sinking these have?

I have a few LED Flashlights(weapons lights), and the LED's need a good heat sink, otherwise they will fry themselves.

It's ok for the body to be warm, that would indicate the sink is removing heat from the emitter.

I really like these lights, and I am most likely going to purchase.

It was just a thought.

Devans

Id like one like that, that was even closer in. I see your horns would prevent that. I dont care for the "over the counter" ones that stick way out.

fysty-1

[user=1]Devans[/user] wrote:

Id like one like that, that was even closer in. I see your horns would prevent that. I dont care for the "over the counter" ones that stick way out.

Dean maybe Hodgy would like to go into buisiness for his self & start to make these& place them in the Marketplace. Huh?? Please?:worthy::worthy::scared::drool::drool::drool::funny:

Hodgy

To answer a few questions.

Heat sink ---> I had one on for about a hour and the aluminum housing was not even warm so I don;t know if "they" are using it as the heat sink.

Dean as to closer in ---> I have deer chasers and air horns in the way. If I did not have those would have just mounted them direct to the bottom of the fairing without the need for a light bar. There is room there,

Fysty ---> refer to my answer to Dean. And no, that would mean becoming un-retired !

As I said won't have them hooked up until I get the switch unit for the clutch reservoir in about 3 weeks. I don't do much night riding but you can never have to bright or number of lights.

These lights throw a concentrated flat band of light and are slightly blue shade that are a bit different hue from the headlights. All of that should get the attention of the cagers. Having said that I always ride like everyone is out to hit me.

Did I mention these lights are bright !

Joep

To answer a few questions.

Fysty ---> refer to my answer to Dean. And no, that would mean becoming un-retired ! ... DARN .. now I need to become an engineer!!!!

I always ride like everyone is out to hit me. .. but Hodgy you know they have a contract out on all Riders???

Did I mention these lights are bright ! .. if you DIDn't FROGGY DID!!

3degree

Thank you for the lead and the tip on the LED dock lights that can be used as driving lights. I have been looking for a set for weeks but was only seeing the options like the cheesy stick on with tape Hyper Lites or the real expensive Clearwaters.

I have ordered a set from your Black Bear link. (I don't have a Goldwing...... but am looking to put this on another brand of metric cruiser.)

Several questions.....

• What is the size of the bolt/hole in the mounting bracket on the dock light?
  • Where did you get your Pclamps? I see pclamps for the engine guards from Kuryakyn but they have a 5/16th hole......
  • Did you run a separate wiring harness or just wire these into the existing lamp circuit or is it run it off the auxiliary?
  • Did you set up, wire in a separate switch for them or are you running them the whole time the bike is on?

Any specifics you guys can give of wiring them up would be helpful! Thanks,

Joep

hey 3degree also post in our new members forum so those not camping out in the technical forums can also give you a howdy.. Welcome from North TEXAS DFW area..

Hodgy

Got Froggy's LED lights mounted on the 1500SE. As you saw in previous posts I made the mounting bar out of Stainless steel and tucked them in closer than the bars you buy. I mounted a triple switch on the clutch cylinder, used one for the lights and one for the garage door opener.

Here are some pics of them mounted. A couple a blurred, sorry.

518_010941_180000000.jpg

518_010941_200000003.jpg

518_010941_190000002.jpg

518_010941_200000004.jpg

518_010942_220000000.jpg

undefined

518_010941_190000001.jpg