Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
Devans

Things are looking up

61 posts in this topic Last Reply

Devans

Kick your feet up, and grab soda... this is gonna take a while....

As most of you know, I like going out to the garage and tinkering with things. I really enjoy designing and building new things, that are not out on the market yet. Most of the designs I have done, never got built and are only in my head. A few, such as the pouches and camera mount, actually made it to the work bench.

I am a HVAC (Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning) Service Technician, as many of you already know. I have been in this field of work for 20 years. I started out doing installs for my step dads company when I was 16 years old. When I turned 18, I was able to go in to the service field. I absolutely love diagnosing problems. I have worked on just about everything imaginable in the HVAC field, including chillers, swamp coolers, boilers, cooling water towers, massive river dredge air conditioners and my latest is the MRI unit at our hospital. This unit takes helium through a number of coolers which in turns cools the helium with in turn keeps the MRI magnets cool. This is only a small amount of the different things I have jumped in to in this field. I absolutely love learning how to diagnose new things.

I said all of that, to tell you all this.... in my 20 years of HVAC work, there has always been one particular issue, when repairing a unit, that has always been a pain in my butt. One tool, that was never invented, that could make my, and the lives of other HVAC Techs, a little easier. So, or the last couple years I have been thinking and thinking. About 3 weeks ago, I had a dream about this tool....and exactly what it should look like and how it should work. I went to our local hardware store, bought my goodies, and ended up out in my garage for a few hours. I built the tool from memory : no drawings. I took the tool to work, and low and behold it worked GREAT!

After a couple days Donna said, "why don't you see about getting that marketed?" I said, "what the hell, the most that can happen, is everyone will tell me no." I sat down, found 5 Master Distributors, and started e-mailing. The following is no lie..... within 20 minutes, I had 1 return e-mail and a phone call from the absolute largest HVAC and HVAC/R Master Distributor in the USA! After several conversations and a few emails of pictures of this tool and what it could, I was asked to phone them and have a sort of Q&A with them.

The outcome: they asked me to send them this tool. They loved it! They want it! They have said many times, they believe I have a million dollar product. Once finalized, they will be taking care of manufacturing, marketing and distribution. They want exclusive rights to this tool, which will be drawn up in the contract. This Master Distributor distributes to 9 different countries and over 9000 distribution wholesalers!

I have agreed to confidentiality on the tool and the Master Distributors identity until things have finalized. Once this tool is released to the public, you can bet you butt, I will be posting pictures of it. :yes:

I, in no way, am trying to rub this in anyone's face... I am just so damned happy and excited, I had to share it. Donna and I have not stopped smiling for days!! I can't eat, I can't sleep and I feel like the adrenaline never stops running through my veins.

Some of you have PM'ed and emailed me in the last few days, and I was a bit slow to return them.... this is the reason why. I have been back and forth with emails and phone calls to these gentleman for days now. Things should slow down now, for a few days.

I should have more information by mid next week.... so I will post what I can, here. :wave:

Ghost Rider 2

:clap::clap::clap: Could not have happened to nicer people.

lucky_x16

Congratulations.

Does this mean I get that new 1500 for Christmas?

In all honestly, I am happy for you. Well deserved.

Ghost Rider 2

Oh Yea. Hey Dean can I borrow one of those thing of a ma jegs. Don't know how to work on a furnace, but I would like to know what a million dollars looks like.

Devans

I wish the million would all be mine, but I think they will get most of it :yes::funny:

Its like I told Jerry on the phone, anything I make off of it will tickle me pink. It was just a tool I made, for myself, and never really planned on it going any further than that.

More than the money, I cant wait to see it professional built and packaged :watching:.... I may actually cry when I see it... :yes:

Wvboy

:worthy::worthy: :clap::clap::clap:

I hope you get some kind of royalties out of the deal. Did you file for a patent before contacting them?

Good luck, somebody has to make the big bucks, might as well be good people.

dwsonar

WOW It's the American dream.

Now we can all say "We knew him when..."

DigbyODell

:clap::clap:

That is great news Dean!! Congrat bud :clap::clap:

Devans

Design buy out, royalties, large one time settlement.... there will be many options. We will have our attorney to make sure everything is on the up and up :COOL:, in fact they recommended we have one present to make sure everything is the way we want.

Devans

American Dream is right!! :yes::yes:

Thank you everyone for the congrats... :wave::wave: we are so pumped up waiting for that next call or email :watching:

Joep

Psssssssst Dean.. You do have dated pictures of this device RIGHT!!??.... you know the idea aspect and proof of pre discussion ownership.. Just trying to watch out for the little guy..!!

Bamaeagle

Way to go Dean!!!! Congrats on the new tool design.

There is a computer program that you can get (not sure what it costs or what it is called) that you can do your own patent search with. You can also file your patents with it. I have a cousin that invents sporting equipment. He has one of those programs. He has several products on the market now and he sits back and gets a check in the mail once a month.

Vegaswingnut

Dean and Donna, congratulations on your achievement! You guys come up with some really cool stuff to share with us on the NAGF. Its good that this is happening to you guys, You deserve it!

Cactus_Jack

Congratulations :clap:

I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

devansgirl

[user=75]Vegaswingnut[/user] wrote:

You guys come up with some really cool stuff to share with us on the NAGF.

Nope. Its just Dean. He has the ideas, I just improve them :yes:

AspectTwo

That's fantastic Dean!! Congrats!!:banana::banana:

AspectOne

I hope you make a MINT!!! WAY TO GO!!! They call that a home run where I am from and Berta and I could not be more proud for you guys righ now!

This is a great bonus to our holiday!!!

UBarW

[user=651]Ghost Rider 2[/user] wrote:

:clap::clap::clap: Could not have happened to nicer people.

:hulk:good for you!:hulk:

lucky_x16

[user=2]devansgirl[/user] wrote:

Yes you do Smurfette!

Joep

[user=650]lucky_x16[/user] wrote:

[user=2]devansgirl[/user] wrote:

Yes you do Smurfette!
the Ideas And Dean too!!

toomanyfumes

That is cool.....:clap::banana:

Devans

She has improved me a lot in 20 years.... :yes:

devansgirl

[user=1]Devans[/user] wrote:

She has improved me a lot in 20 years.... :yes:

I would have to agree with that :yes:

Andyb

This is a cool story. Please keep us up to date with the details.

Reinyrooster

Yes, make sure you get a lawyer. Sounds like you hit the jackpot! Congrats!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,