Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
AspectOne

Another Trailer Build

19 posts in this topic Last Reply

AspectOne

We are having Dave work on a ONE OFF trailer using mostly familiar parts and pieces... it wil how ever have many new and inovative features which will be detailed as more progress is made on it.

Here the shell is being prepped to remove some flaws prior to primer...

1110091407.JPG

Here you can see primer and rough sanding is finished

1112091037.JPG

Undercoat to be applied and finish primer added

1112091406.JPG

will have dual Jerry cans mounted one for water and another for fuel to extend range and camp time...

1112091413.JPG

Tires mounted on the new wheels, trailerwheels.com has a good selection 60 bucks each.

1124091507.JPG

When finished the trailer will have GenPac... transformer, battery back up, color/decal matched to my 1500, LED lighting and lighting strips... full camp site and cooking gear matched up to rig and MANY 1 of a kind inovations thought of by both Dave and myself such as a carrier underneath for not only a spare tire/wheel for the trailer but replacement wheel tire for the Bike as well, accessry outlets for DC and AC appliances, coffee maker, blowdryer etc...call it a luxury survival package/kit on wheels if you, will but we will be able to travel a long way and be able to stay self contained for a long period of time.

Will post more to my gallery as time progresses, obviously it is a long term winter project.

AspectOne

OK a little more prgress has been made on the trailer... here you can see frame railes are coated and being sized for cut down.

1126091306.JPG

Rails now cut and assembled

1126091406.JPG

Tounge being sprayed and ready to mount to neck

1126091515.JPG

Hubs are now prepped

1126091534.JPG

1126091534a.JPG

Soft looking springs but will haul what we need for sure

1127091411.JPG

Dave is a patient man, takes his time to ensure everything is detailed and properly fitted.

1127091411a.JPG

1127091518.JPG

really starting to take shape now

1127091518b.JPG

More updates to come!!!

Rudy

That's looking real good. Can't wait to see the progress.

Thanks for posting those pix.

I added a separate Wig Wag to my trailer. I like it.

Devans

Keep em coming Aspect...we love pictures of works in progress:clap:

AspectOne

Reorganized my albums so some of my first pics are no longer showing up// will collage those at the end of this.

Full album is here

http://picasaweb.google.com/1988aspectgoldwing/TrailerProject02

Here the frame is almost wired, hubs, axles all that are on and we are almost ready to flip it over and set it on the ground...

1217091416.JPG

1218091305.JPG

Note the extra length and bracing given to the tongue as well .... this will ensure a strong tongue that you can stand on and help it pull easier at higher speeds.

1218091305a.JPG

1218091346.JPG

Graphics for the top and sides..

1218091541b.JPG

1218091541a.JPG

AspectOne

Missing pics

1110091407.JPG

1112091037.JPG

1112091406.JPG

1124091507.JPG

Vegaswingnut

Where did those rims come from?

AspectOne

trailerwheels.com ha those and others for 60 bucks or less.

AspectOne

Ok so been a little while since I updated this thread... weathers been rather bleak in NM so Dave has had rouble getting paint finished.

Here trailer is on its wheels finally... custom mud flapsbeing mounted

0117001516.JPG

0117001515a.JPG

Here bracing has been added to facilitate a design cgane I made... diamond plate is going here but it is being fitted in such a way that a cargo box of the same dimensions can be added later should I decide to do so...

0117001515.JPG

Here you can seelighting work being completed... fully marine rated, water proof etc .. will have running lights underneath as well

Here is a shot with Pod and Ammo boxes being test fitted

0114001505.jpg

0117001417b.JPG

You can see in this shot custom nylon under carrier for tarps etc

0117001417a.JPG

diamond plate in place on front with bolt on D rings to secure cargo... these D rings were also a design change made by me to accomodate different loadsof various sizes.

0111001300.jpg

0117001112d.JPG

0117001112c.JPG0117001112b.JPG

So as you can see she is slowly coming along... it could have been finished a long wehile back but Dave has been plagued by my constant revisions lol... as stated the cargo pod will be color matched to my 1500 and it is quickly ROMOVABLE with wheels on the back side so that the topper can be unlocked, slid off and rolled out of the way leaving you a 6' diamond pated flat bed to use ayway you wish.

dwsonar

It's really looking nice. Can tell you put a lot of thought into how you wanted it.

Grizly

I put the axle inside the spring and loved it...

AspectOne

:banana::banana::banana::banana:IT IS FINALLY FINISHED!!!!! WOOT WOOT:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Here you can see the inner being carpeted out...

R1-15A.jpg

R1-12A.jpg

R1-14A.jpg

As you can see dual ammo lockables with a full bed... mag aluminum wheels, treated bottom with a Rhino style lining in black the color matched the top to my wings paint code so its 2 tone black and grey....

R1-13A.jpg

A shot of the inside with netting and seperators in place...

R1-%202A.jpg

As you can see lighted pod inside both ends

R1-%203A.jpg

When ready the cargo pod has wheels like roll around luggage and can be UN DOCKED and rolled away for storage so the trailer can be used as a flat bed to haul with ... converts in about 60 seconds!!!

R1-%201A.jpg

R1-00A.jpg

R1-10A.jpg

R1-11A.jpg

R1-%205A.jpg

Full LED strips all aorund UNDER the tailer plua additional marker and running lights

R1-%206A.jpg

R1-%207A.jpg

R1-%208A.jpg

So there you have it folks.... the full build out gallery can be found HERE...

http://picasaweb.google.com/1988aspectgoldwing/TrailerProject02#

And the man who made this beautiful beasty for me if you are interested in getting one similar to mine can be found HERE...

http://www.durangodavestrailers.com/

This was my Xmass present from Two last year and it is a one off, designed with Daves help by me for me... he can make one to your specs too if you are like me and not in a position to build your own...

Dave0430, Monk and I are running out to get it on the 20th... it will have my gear with Genpac power source and dual Jerrys for water and fuel mounted when |I get there so it will be ready to go and so too will I !!!!

:egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt::egypt:

Thank you all for looking.

Hodgy

What is that white stuff on the ground ??

FirstCavArmyVet

Was about to ask that very same question? Seems to get in the way don't it?

AspectTwo

Wait til you guys see the night shots all lighted up.....I wouldn't want to be the blinded bike trailing the pack! Dave did a great job with the auxilluary lights too.....I don't think we'll even need lanterns @ the campsites! :yes: Now for the NAGF flag on the pole......

AspectTwo

From what I hear of the trailer on it's way back from NM, it rocks! However the 40 mi/hr wind in Texas today took down the flag pole - which was bolted on!! Oh well, NAGF flag must wait.....:doh:

durangod

omg unbelievable and i used two huge bolts in that thing, no way that came off, i wonder if the flag pole itself broke, i use the same flag on my trailer and its lasted.

let me know what happend and i can get you another flag... or if you want to pick one up at wally world or at a bicycle shop ill reimburse you, they are not that much i think mine was 5 or 10 bucks...

but dont do with out it ok, the day your at a stoplight and some 18 wheeler pulls up behind you and bumps your trailer cause they cant see it youll think dif, thats one of the purposes of that flag... so go get one for him today berta if you have time... let me know...

AspectOne

[flash=425,344]

durangod

very nice chris, looks like its tracken perfectly as it should and weight distrobution of the carrier seems perfect, glad i moved that back to where i did. awesome. that little rattle is from the top handle of the ammo boxes, same on mine, i put some elect tape on the top handle and it stopped that.. do the same with the front box latch too there is a box grip on there that might flap in the wind. Overall most excellent, all the prep for no rattles seems to be working quite well, and the trick with the spring seems to be working cause i dont hear any noise from the springs at all, really cool. i hate rattles too... glad it running smooth for ya bud, thanks for the vid... peace my brother

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,