Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
Devans

HELP OUT NIGHTWING83

67 posts in this topic Last Reply

DigbyODell

Never worry Phil...we are all here for you two!!!

Nightwing83

up date

They were going to do surgery on erika,s elbow on friday this has now been post poned due to the fact they do not fell she is stable enough for the surgery, also her brain injury is still causing her alot of distress by not know peaple not remembering and all that there is just along road ahead I hope to get her moved closer to home I checked today its a 70 mile round trip to visist her and my dear mother has taken this all on herself plus take care of me and lets face it I am no spring chicken and she gets so tired sometimes I worry so if I can get moved to Gos hen it is only a fe w minutes from home

DigbyODell

Thanx for the update.... I wish we where closer to help out....

You two are always in our thoughts!!

mespock

More news

Nightwing83

well when it rains it pours I ended up back in the emergency room I started hurting so bad in my lower back and left hand side all the vicoden is was taking didn't touch the pain i went to the E R here in goshen they got a run down on my last 2 wks and did a cat scan of my adomin think i might have a ruptured intestine or some thign but it ended up to be kidney stones and now I am taking major pain killers and waiting for that to pass Erika is still very confused she can't understand why she can't go home too it is very hard on her I wait till she falls asleep to leave other wise she just sits and pleads for me to take her home I feel like i am deserting her when I leave tonight she used the If you Love me line and it almost killed me it going to be rough they hope to have her stable enough to do surgery on monday but still up in the air I will keep you guys informed sorry about the time frame from the last update but I was pretty much out of it

mikef

Thanks for the update, Phil. It must be rough to deal with Erika when she is having so much trouble remembering and can't understand why she can't leave yet. It sounds like you are remaining strong, in spite of the issues you are having. I hope this entire ordeal helps make your relationship even stronger. The Lord does move in mysterious ways.

Our prayers are with you both.

Putt

Thanks for the update Phil. How are the kids doing through all this? It's really gotta affect them too.

Prayers keep going your way.

Putt

DigbyODell

Thanx for the update Phil.. Don't worry about the timeline.. Just get yourself healthy and be there for Ericka....

We will be waiting for your updates :clap:

vtxfrog

hi all, brenda and myself try and get out to check up on erika at least every other day with trips up to the hospital. it is so hard to a good friend lying in bed and knowing that there is nothing you can do to take the pain away all we can do is be there to try and make her feel better, if it is this hard for me and mywife i can imanage how hard it is on phil.... i talk to phil aleast onece a day to check up on him to see if there is anything he needs. but i know all the comments from all of you have realy made him see how many friends he has out there and i thank you all for making my best friend / brother try to feel better :eyeroll: brian & brenda reinhart

Nightwing83

well they finally have her surgery for her elbow set up for tomorrow at 8:30am which is 08/06/08 my daughters BD they took my surgical wrappings off my right hand and replaced it with a cast to stay on for 6 to 8 weeks I did not think it would be that long it scares me I am asking for prayers not only for healing but for finance's for this extended period .

In the surgery they will be putting a plate in her elbow with a couple screws if it does not bother her it can stay in permanently otherwise they can take it out later after it all heals

Just to let you guys know I think you guys are the greatest not only all the prayers and support sent by you guys the money is a blessing also I in no way though I would be down this long.

thanks again

Phil & Erika metzler

nightwing83

P.S. I am home with my kids now so my phone number has changed it is now

574-534-1980

mespock

Thanks for the up date...

Keep us posted...

DigbyODell

Was goin to call you today Phil, but figured yall where busy with the surgery... Thanx for keeping us posted !!!!

Nightwing83

Well they cancelled her surgery again her sodium dropped during the night I wish they could get this done because I think I can have her moved to Elkhart hospital after they do the surgery south bend I was told is a 70 mil round trip not 50 like I originally thought I can't drive my self yet so I have to rely on family ,friends .and the pastor and they won't accept any $ for gas I just hope they let me repay them somehow And when I get better my house will be open for anybody touring through my neck of the woods I don't have much but its comfortable and I would like to take you out for dinner or something I would like to meet all the ANGELS that ride WINGS I feel truly blessed to be a small part of such good group of people

every night I pray fro Erika and all my new and precious friends that I have found in my life I pray that your are blessed every day because you make me feel the same

mikef

Thanks for the update, Phil. It always semms like in times like this, nothing moves as quickly as we would like. Hang tough. It will be easier soon, I hope. Once you are both home, that's when the tension and pressures can back off a bit.

mespock

Phil... it's a pay it forward thing...

Accept what is coming your way from friends.. this is what people should be like and we need to become more like.

OK... Pastor Rich here..

In the Bible Christ tells us to take care of the sick, the elderly, those in need, and the poor.

This is what we should do and when we need this help accept it as Christ doing it for us.

When the time come we will be able to do it for others. Those who need it. Pay it Forward.

What we do for others we should never expect anything in return. The nice thing about it is. It will return someday when we most need it.

Phil Don't worry about what others are doing for you. Just take comfort in the idea that you have friends who care.

God Speed good friend.. our prayers are still there for you and your family....

devansgirl
:clap::clap::clap::clap: Well said, Rich:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Nightwing83

they called me at 9am and said her surgery is at 3:30 pm today friday the 8th so guys lets keep up the prayers and gether through this and hopefully get her on the way home I need her here I miss my love and my best friend and I know the road is going to be long but with friends like you guys it makes it alittle more bearable thans again

Phil & Erika

Nightwing 83

DigbyODell

[user=6]Nightwing83[/user] wrote:

they called me at 9am and said her surgery is at 3:30 pm today friday the 8th so guys lets keep up the prayers and gether through this and hopefully get her on the way home I need her here I miss my love and my best friend and I know the road is going to be long but with friends like you guys it makes it alittle more bearable thans again

Phil & Erika

Nightwing 83

We are all here for you and Ericka... Thats what friends do buddy.... :wave:

Side note: We are keeping Brian in our thoughts as well :wave:

Devans

We're still praying for you guys Phil...

I hope all went well with Erikas surgery and you are able to get her closer to home soon...:banana:

Nightwing83

E rika had a good day today she was up walking today with assitance tommorrow elkhart hospital will come and evaluate her and hopefully we can get her moved to elkhart in the next few days and then the major physical rehab will start still a long tunnel but I think I can see alittle light. Lets keep the prayers flowing I CAN SEE THEM WORKING before my eyes

Phil & Erika

Nightwing83

DigbyODell

Thats soooooo kewl Phil :running:

mespock

:woohoo:great news Phil :woohoo:Keep us posted:bravo:

Nightwing83

just got a call she has been accepted inElkhart rehab program and they said they would move her a 2:00 today so when I see her it will be in elkhart tonight she still has atleast a couple weeks according to the doc's but it getting closer to homelets keep the prayers for speedy recovery going maybe sooner than we think

Phil & Erika

Nightwing83

Devans

That is wonderful news Phil....:clap:

Nightwing83

she is in elkhart hospital now room 2409 she is doing good they are keeping a nurse in the room with her she gets out of bed very quick but her balance is not good and they don;t want to restrane her like they did in southbend she knows who everybody is but still gets upset easy but her therapy starts tommorrow 3 hrs a day she will get a work out all the prayers are working lets keep them going

Phil & Erika

nightwing83

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,