Sign in to follow this  
Devans

HELP OUT NIGHTWING83

67 posts in this topic Last Reply

Devans

UPDATE ON PAYPAL PAYMENTS....

We have discovered that if you do a donation using the Cash Advance option in Paypal, it will not charge any paypal fees. PLEASE use the cash advance button when making Paypal donation to Phil and Erika to safe them Paypal fees.....

Ok fellow goldwingers. One of our members is in need of help. Nightwing83 and his wife (Phil and Erika), got into a motorcycle accident on Sunday.

They both suffered injuries that is going to keep them in the hospital for quite awhile and Phil will be out of work for quite some time.

Phil is the sole provider for his family of 5. He can and will need all the help he can get. If you dont have a few dollars laying around, maybe you can send him something else that may help his family out in this time of need.

They are very nice people and this is a terrible tragedy. I was talking to Phil's life long good friend, Brian Reinhart, tonight and we talking about his finances. With Phil being the sole provider, this is going to strike hard at home.

If anyone would like to donate some money to help him out, I am sure he would greatly appreciate it.

You can either send it to our paypal account or straight to Phil's home address. If you want to use paypal, my paypal address is daevans73 at gmail.com or you can just click the DONATE button at the bottom of every page on this site. I will see to it that every penny is given to Phil and his family.

If you would prefer to send it directly to Phil via snail mail.... here is his address:

PHIL METZLER

719 JEFFERSON ST.

GOSHEN,IN. 46528

Come on guys.... lets help out a fellow winger.... and a damned good one at that.:COOL:

devansgirl

We have already contributed to him. Phil and his wife have become very good friends to Dean and I.

We also are sending him some free pizza coupons compliments of Pizza Hut (our grandsons mommy). Her dad is the manager there so that helps :egypt:

Lets all help him out in his time of need!!

DigbyODell

They can count on a care pack comming from Digger...er Leslies family:egypt:

devansgirl

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl:

Thanks for your help Leslie...

DigbyODell

When I talked to Phil today and told him I heard he got into an arguement with a gaurdrail and lost, he said the are not very friendly with people :rofl: Told him to tell Ericka we are all thinking of her, he said he would tell her Leslies family wishes her well:doh: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Devans

[user=8]DigbyODell[/user] wrote:

Told him to tell Ericka we are all thinking of her, he said he would tell her Leslies family wishes her well:doh: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thats to funny Digger.... you had me in tears. If only the others knew the humor behind that statement... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Leave it to Phil to be laying in a hospital all banged up and still come up with a comment like that. :doh::rofl:

mikef

I'm sending something to your Paypal account, Dean.

What's up with this Leslie stuff?

DigbyODell

[user=12]mikef[/user] wrote:

DG didn't know my real name and nobody would tell her.. Then Rudy told her it was Leslie, and I didn't like to tell people :doh: :rofl:

98Wing

Little something for Phil & Erika in your PayPal.

mikef

[user=8]DigbyODell[/user] wrote:

[user=12]mikef[/user] wrote:

DG didn't know my real name and nobody would tell her.. Then Rudy told her it was Leslie, and I didn't like to tell people :doh: :rofl:
She would really love Rudy's real name.......:banana:

Devans

I am going to talk to Pete Hatfield... owner of our local Honda Shop..... toady and see if there is anything we can come up with to help out Phil and Erika.

I dont know what yet but Im thinking maybe a paid ride or raffle with all proceeds going to Phil and Erika.

Anyone with ideas.... please let me know.

Devans

Thank you Mike, Digger and 98wing... :clap:

mikef

That sounds cool. I would love to be part of that. The Hatfield thing, I mean.

Devans

Thank you Rich :clap::clap:

Devans

You guys have been great about donations so far. Thank every one you....

I will do a screen shot as more come in to keep everyone updated. As of now we have around $100 from this forum alone.

:clap:

Devans

Heres a total for the donations that have came in since yesterday..... Great jobs so far guys and gals :clap:

Devans

Thank you Digger and Boss... sorry, but I did the screen shot before your donations but I wanted it to be known that you donated...

:clap::clap:

Devans

Hey guys incase you missed this on Steves site...

Ok folks ,there are 2 fundraiser runs been organised at the moment for Phil and Erika, the Sun run at the Welsh meet n greet and the Sat run in Calhoun ,, All details will be posted as soon as they come to hand .

Ciaran

That is copied from Steves site. I think everyone should PM Wexman and Wingnut and give them a huge thank you :clap::clap::clap:

Nightwing83

Made the 25 mile trip to see my wife at the hospital and she is doing much better but it is still a very long road for her the head truama is still very apparent she can not remember why she is in the hospital she rememb ers me and my mother she has problems sometimes with her own mother she knows her but not the relationship I hurt so bad everytime i see her and keep wishing it was only me that was hurt not her she is my life and I fell so very lucky to have all of you to call friends so please bear with me if i get cranky or any thing it is just my whole life is laying in a bed 2 5 miles away

DigbyODell

We completly understand Phil.... You tell Ericka that leslie told her to heal up quick :hulk:

If you need anything don't hesitate to call!!

mespock

Good hearing from you Phil... we are still praying for you and your wife.

you are both good people...

AZgl1800

Phil, it is a tough road you have to take right now. You are worried about your wife and her condition.

My case was a bit different as I was alone. It was me that had the memory issues, but they do and will come around.

It is now six months and 18 days since I went down and about 95% of my memory is working again. The first 3 or 4 weeks were irritating for me, and each week and month after that slowly go better.

Erika will go several days with no improvement, and then all of a sudden you and her will notice that "pop" things are doing better. Now "better" is a matter of degree, and the reason for this is the brain got rattled real bad.

The doctors explained to me that getting whip sawed like that stresses the nerve synapses / junctions in the brain. The nerves will regenerate but it takes a while. You just have to be patient and help Erika be patient. Time will heal her up just fine, but time is the secret.

You can't rush it, I couldn't and still can't. My therapy has been to get back online and get involved. Also I got busy with my hands when they let me go home. I have been doing fix up chores around the house. That helped because it got my mind off of the accident and focused me into the project that I was working on.

She will be okay, just stick in there and be strong for her.

Meanwhile, there are those of us who have pledged to throw little monthly annuities up your way to help defray a small part of your expenses.

Be strong, love her real good, and hold her tight. That will do as much good as all the medicine the doctors can feed her. :dance:

Devans

:clap:John, it could not have been said better.....:clap:

DigbyODell

[user=1]Devans[/user] wrote:

:clap:John, it could not have been said better.....:clap:

I second that!!:clap:

Nightwing83

she had a rough night last night they had to sedate her and to day she was not very responsive i got there tonight she open up her eyes and smiled she then stayed awake long enough to eat she had not eaten anything yet today i talked to her as much as i could andwaited till she fell asleep again and had to leave she has a real long road ahead of her and i will be with her all the way we must be connected some how I had a rough nite also the pain was outragis during the nite then myfever went up and got the shakes witch in turn shook the ribs which made it hurt that much more other than that just keep praying for Erika she needs so much support for the long road ahead thanks again

Phil