Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
mikef

Nightwing 83 was in an accident

57 posts in this topic Last Reply

mikef

Just saw thios on the Saunders site

attention steve saunders members this is to inform all of you tha nightwing83 blew out his rear tire on the way back from the wisconson run, he hit the gaurd rail and he and his wife are in the hospital they were both air lifted to south bend memorial sunday night if you have any mor questions plesae contact brian/vtxfrog13 at (mrlights4x4@comcast.net)sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif BE SURE TO INCLUDE ON SUBJECT LINE NIGHTWING83 INFO OR NO INFO WIBE GIVEN OUT. IF I POSTED IN WRONG AREA PLEASE HELP SPRED THE WORD

DigbyODell

Horrible news... I am still waiting for him/her to send me the info on how to contact them

mespock

Oh $hit.. and his wife was leary about taking a long ride... after coming to Boscobel she was so excited that she was asking him to go to GA in Septemeber...

God Speed Nightwing...

devansgirl

OMG!! I have been trying everything to find out some imformation on them. I called AT&T and they called him and left a message on his phone for me, we have been calling his house and nothing. I even called the Illinois State Patrol. Was getting ready to call Indiana State Patrol when I saw this. I will be praying for them. They are good people.

Get well soon Phil and Erica!!

Devans

This is horrible :CRY:.... I have been trying to call Phil since Sunday.

I have made this thread stickey to keep everyone updated.

I have made a call to Phil's son and I will update you if I hear anything from him.

Devans

I just spoke to Phil.....

Phil told me he was on the toll rode in Indiana when he blew his rear tire running around 70 MPH. Acoording to witnesses they said he hit the guard rail. Phil said he doesnt remember anything. He said most injuries was to their right side due to hitting the guard rail on that side.

Phil is in a room at South Bend Memorial. 1-574-647-1000. His wife Erika is in ICU. He is hoping to be able to see her today. Their last name is Metzler.

Phils injuries...

Broken thumb which he is getting surgery on tomorrow.

Broken ribs on the right side

Badly broken right ankle

Severe road rash on his right side

Erika's injuries....

Badly broken wrist

badly broken elbow

broken collar bone

broken ribs

Please pray for Phil and Erika... They have become very good friends of Donna and I in the last few days and we will be praying for their safe recovering.

Devans

Just so everyone knows.... Brian Reinhart has contacted me and asked that evryone please email him anythingyou would like Phil or Erika to know. The hospital is getting slammed with phone calls.

Brian informed me that he will print all emails out and get them to Phil and Erika for you..

Here is Brians email

mrlights4x4 at comcast.net

Vegaswingnut

Thats terrible news. Sounds like there are not any life threatening injuries......maybe thats the silver lining.

PEOPLE! Please check and double check your ride before any trip, even the short rides around town. Many of us have so much plastic on out bikes, its hard to check the tires and suspension without getting on our knees to do a proper inspection. If you have ANY doubts about the safety of the bike, GET IT FIXED! There are no events so important that safety has to be over looked just to get there. Lets all be as safe as possible out there!

Mopar1973Man

Truely sad...:CRY: Hopefully they get well soon!

But [user=75]Vegaswingnut[/user] is right we all need to get back to doing proper inspection of our equiptment. (Cars, Trucks, motorcycles, etc) Make sure you tires are aired up right. not to mention if the tire is etting worte out replace it... I see too many people running on bald tire here in Idaho! :rock:

mikef

Something else. Don't know if this was a factor, or not. You need to keep your head in the game. It is so easy to let your mind wonder, and for a split second, not think about that curve you're going into, or light or sign you need to stop for. Lots of times, I find myself in that postion and need to refocus. These things almost ride themselves, but it's easier to get away with in a cage, versus the bike. Not saying that happened here, but is still a fact.

Mopar1973Man

[user=12]mikef[/user] wrote:

Something else. Don't know if this was a factor, or not. You need to keep your head in the game. It is so easy to let your mind wonder, and for a split second, not think about that curve you're going into, or light or sign you need to stop for. Lots of times, I find myself in that postion and need to refocus. These things almost ride themselves, but it's easier to get away with in a cage, versus the bike. Not saying that happened here, but is still a fact.

Oh so very true out here in Idaho... A lot of our motorcycle accidents are from not staying focused and getting to relaxed. Like out here he got a segiment of road that is lightly windy and there is nothing out there but a mountain on one side and river on the other... Not like in the city where your watching traffic closely, intersections, the guy behind you that's tailgating... Etc...

Like I been to a couple of motorcycle accident now and still to this day I scratch my head trying to figure out what happened...:baffled: (no mechanical failures and never struck anything)

Devans

:wave:I am guilty of that myself at times. :eyeroll: Gotta catch myself and realize Im still on a bike and not in my car.

mikef

Almost messed up last night, on the way home from Green Bay. Looked up, and found myself right on the back bumper of a mini-bus. How does that crap happen, besides not paying attention?

devansgirl

Hey mike. If I buy you a white helmet and paint red stripes on it, will you wear a helmet :baffled:?

:CRY:

I know..........I know....... You dont like helmets. You like the wind in your hair......:disagree:

Just pay attention..... I want you guys to be safe:egypt:

mikef

Oh, I wear them, just not all the time. Usually at night, and during rain storms. A new fancier job may drive me to wear it more, though.

devansgirl

Ill work on that for you mike........LOL:rofl:

mikef

Good...I need all the help I can get sometimes.

Devans

UPDATE July 23 :

Heres the latest update I have on Phil and Erika:

Phil will be going in tomorrow at noon for surgery on his thumb. Instead of breaking the bone in the usual manner (across the bone) Phil acually split the bone long ways. The doctors are going to screw the bones back together. Phil was up most of the day in his wheelchair so he is out of bed at least and mobile now.

Erika is still in ICU but they are planning to release her to a room either tonight or tomorrow. They are going to put her in a room close to Phil so he will be able to see her when he wants. Erika suffered a bad concussion and is having a problem remembering much right now, but the nurologist and doctors believe this will clear up as she comes out of the concussion. Erika is also going to have surgery next week on her wrist and elbow. They are still keeping her sedated due to her fractures in the vertabra.

Phil was very emotional when he found out what all of you are doing for him and his family in the way of donations and thanks everyone one of you for the emails and prayers.

I will be getting pics of his bike tomorrow and I will get them posted up for you all. If you see something on his bike that may need replaced and you have it laying around collecting dust.... well you know...

I will post more as I get more info.

mikef

You know, it's really not that far...............

Devans

You know, it's really not that far...............

Indiana.... is that what you speak of ?

mikef

Yes

Devans

Heres what I was thinking.....

We'll get all of the donations together and then put on a ride to Gochen Indiana to hand deliver it to Phil and Erika. What do you think?

I think that would be an emotional meeting :CRY:

How many of you would do this.....:baffled:

mikef

I'm in.

devansgirl

We're definately in!!

Mopar1973Man

I would love to help out for a fellow GW rider... But there is a few things...

1. I'm just to far away to ride out there for them...

2. I would love to send in a donation but I'm really low on funds right now and jobs arn't very plentful.

But I will say a few prayer for them and keep them in my thoughts...

Nightwing take it easy and get some rest and let you body heal... You'll be back to riding again soon!

SIDE NOTE: As for me... I've been stuck watching over my Mom she's been really sick with a nasty case of the stomach flu. So I've been dealing with my own battles right now...