Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
Devans

Ghostrider hit a deer

195 posts in this topic Last Reply

mcdonl

Sorry to hear your sad story. I feel bad for you. We will all watch a little closer tonight. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Mr. Fix it

Our prayer's go out to Jerry and Cheryl for a quick recoveryfrom Ontario as well.

Tom & Verna

B VAN KIRK

SPEEDY RECOVERY TO THE BOTH OF YOU , WE ALL ARE PRAYING FOR YOU

dpgregory

Jerry & Cheryl, hope you have a fast recovery and are back in the saddle soon. I'm always worried about deer around our area, and this will reinforce my fears. It may be time to give up riding after dark. DG

fawnpugsx2

Our prayers are with you, as we pray for a speedy recovery.

Robert

Goldwing_Don

Sorry to hear this Get well Soon

deejay

Sorry to hear of the accident, prayers are with you and your wife...

DJ

rconner

To Jerry and Cheryl

I pray you are both will recover fully. I'm sure you have gotten wonderful care and will in the future days.

We trust in God to be faithful in all that happens to us. May you see that faithfulness in this event in your life also.

Rod

k1w1t1m

Prayers sent from AR. Get well soon.

Ghost Rider 2

Good morning everyone. First thing thanks to everyone here. You are the greatest! We are very lucky to have friends like everyone on this forum. Cheryl and I are at her sisters in Hodsgenville, Ky. Cheryl had surgurey last night around 10:00. U of L medical center does not know what day or night is. We were in a tramma center and there were never any less than 2 dozen serious injuries there the whole 10 hours we spent there. We both arer sore this morning, but are very happy that God brought us threw this situation for his reasons. Not sure if I will get home today but hope to.

I know everyone is wanting to know about wreck. Will do best I can. Was driving across a 2 lane highway in western Ky. deer came out of ditch and hit us. I never saw it till it was flipping off to side. The guy behind us said that when bike hit deer the rear oif bike started over. He said he saw the underside of bike. Then it came down. I leaned hard right and slid it on the right side. Just as bike was about to stop, it flipped over and landed on my leg and ankle. The guy following said Cheryl came off right after the deer hit us. She bounched and rolled down the road. Leathers and helmets did a great job. Cheryls parents just walked in. Will post more later.

Again thanks to each and everyone of you. I am very proud to call you friends. Jerry (Ghost Rider 2)

devansgirl

Give Cheryl our best, Jerry. I hope you two feel better soon. Call us if you need anything :wave:

SilverHawk

Prayers from us, and hopes for a speedy recovery for both of them.

infantry317

Get well soon!

VBall17

You are in my thoughts and prayers! I hope you both have a speedy recovery! I'm glad you were wearing helmets. I don't always, but I know that I should.

tazman

Just got on the board and been reading the sad news. Thanks to God that you and Cheryl were not hurt any worse than you were.

My prayers and thought will be with you both during this time of healing. Please keep us posted as many here are sending their love and best wishes.

I know of course that it is too late to help you and Cheryl but there are some things that many here may not know.

At this time of the year (fall) deer begin the "rut" or mating season. When this occurs, as any good deer hunter will tell you, the bucks especially lose all sense of fear, normal thought patterns and timidity. They are single-minded concentrating on finding as many does as possible and proliferating. Nice way to say they are horny.

This is the main reason that deer hunting seasons are planned for the fall. The bucks are easier to track and find as they are marking their territory and trying to attract more does to their turf. Things like "rubs" where they leave their scent in trees for the does to smell, "scrapes" where the mark there territory by scraping the ground and leaving urine scent.

In short they are a little nuts. They will run straight on into an oncoming 18 wheeler much less a little Goldwing.

I know this will not save anyone from the type of situation that Jerry and Cheryl had as they obviously could not have seen the deer down in that ditch, but we all need to be a lot more conscious of deer from late September through late November (depending on your location). A little extra watchfulness might just save your life.

I don't mean to be preaching here but just wanted to share a little information. If it saves just one of my good friends here from this terrible situation then it has been worth it.

RIDE SAFE!

ACEWING

Our prayers are with you!

kylesmuskie
PRAYERS FROM OHIO,GET WELL SOON.

Devans

WOW, Jerry.... I have to say, someone was watching over you guys. It is amazing that you guys were not hurt worse.

Thank you for the update. I hope you and Cheryl the best and a speedy recovery :wave:

Taz... I did not know that... that would explain why there are a million deer on the side of the road in the fall and not in the summer.

Warlock

Jerry, thanks for the update!! Hope you guys have a safe rest of the trip when you get back underway. Please tell Cheryl Hi and she is awesome! (as are you my friend)

:wave:

klwatts

Best of wishes on a speedy and full recovery. We will keep you in our prayers.

Kevin & Pam

Cyclemax

We are very sorry to hear that. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery!

Gary & Betty

McDave

We were gone over the weekend so we just learned of the accident. We agree with everyone who says 'Jerry and Cheryl are the nicest people' and we wish for a speedy recovery for both of them.

Please tell them they are both are in our thoughts and prayers.

McDave and Mrs. McDave

101abndiv

Will be praying for the both of you. Wishing you the best in your upcoming days.

Hated to hear about the accident.

All for now but will continue to watch the forum.

Joe

don oller

our prayers are with you.

lucky_x16

Cheryl is out of surgery and at her sisters house.

Jerry is back in Illinois and planning on going down to pick Cheryl up on Wednesday.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,