Sign in to follow this  
kristop64089

How many times have you dropped your bike?

137 posts in this topic Last Reply

Joep

Whacker.... sorry to hear about the accident.. give the ribs some time to heal....

FirstCavArmyVet

Wacker, glad to hear your ok man, really am. It's like I am always being told now, there are two types of riders: 1> Those who have been down and 2> those who are GOING down LOL.

Hodgy

I dropped the Wing for the first time. July 27, 2011, Polson MT, South end of Flathead Lake. Riding two up with my wife, pulled off for a rest stop, on gravel, side slope with the downhill on my left. Went to put my foot down and there was a big depression I did not see.

Put my foot down and nothing there, over we went in slow motion. Crash bars stopped the bike, the wife hung on and eventually flopped on her shoulder. No one hurt, no damage to the bike. Ego a bit scratched !

Just waiting for the next time, because there will be one.

Wingunner

I got into the club (cheap) last sunday.:wave:

I was taking it off the lift table (oil change)

Rocked forward to take off center stand (wanted to roll TOO far forward)

I reached across for the front brake (in doing so I must have pulled towards me a bit)

Next thing I'm trying for a "controlled" drop (dang, that's HEAVY!):hulk:

When I got untangled from the Goldwing/winter tires/yard tools/etc I went and got Tailgunner to stand on the right side of the bike to make sure I didn't go too far the other way when standing her up!!

Well....got lucky - no breaks, bumps, bruises or scratches (me or the bike) and NO WITNESSES!!! Nobody will ever find out!!! :whistle:

Buickttype

I'm putting this on youtube right now :)

Buickttype

I'm putting this on youtube right now :)

mrmikey

You had to ask that didn't you LOL. I've dropped a couple of bikes when I first started riding but none for more that two years believe it or not. It's more from luck than skill :drool:.

Just tonight, pulling out of a parking lot at a Tim's, bike was cold so I knew better that taking off right after I started. It had only been off for an hour and a half so I figured she wouldn't be too cold....wrong.

Put it in gear, gave it some fuel, lifted my feet up, cut sharp right out of the parking spot and she hiccuped. Down I go and JUST mised the car beside me, to add insult to injury I had an audience.

To make matters worse, once I got it back up and get my wits back about me...no start, she'd roll over but no kick. WTF, what goes running thru my mind....rollover swith dammit all to he$$, now what. So I figure turn off the ignition and back on, if it's the switch it should start right up...nope, no kick.

Ok, I can call the SIN to come and pick me up with the trailer so off comes the gear and out comes the cell, just punch in the number and about to hit send. What the ......turn the kill switch on dumba$$, I must have hit it with my hand as i went down....MIke

old has been

have I dropped my Wing, HAVE I DROPPED MY WING, NEVER , NEVER how ever I have checked my bank angle sensor & I am proud to say it worked as desigened all 3 times

Buickttype

LOL

Geezerglider

Would you believe that last night I DREAMED I dropped mine.

Hopefully that doesn't count. :whistle:

newwing85

About 5 times total. 3 the first day. My first time on a big street bike, also gravel roads and driveways excuses. I am real carefull to stop with the front wheel straight now also. Footing and road angle are something I REALLY watch out for when coming to stops anywhere. I was practicing low speed manurvering and quick stoping when one happened. Learned how to pick it up from both sides now! Have learned two methods of doing it.:hulk: