Sign in to follow this  
kristop64089

How many times have you dropped your bike?

137 posts in this topic Last Reply

Rabbit

My old 1100 hit the ground 3 or 4 times but I haven't dropped the 1500 yet!

druidcat1115

Have you ever rode up to your group and have them gather round and start talking and playing around? You just take your helmet off and go to step off the bike when you realize you never put the side stand down. By the time you know the the side stand is not going to catch it, It's too late. Get out of way.

Attached files 106795=3245-HPIM3342-1.JPG

beenshot

not anymore

1606_070132_360000000.jpg

sniper

Hey Larry, that's cheatin'.:funny::funny::funny:

beenshot

:rofl:

you just gotta play the hand you're dealed

sloopoke

'92 GL1500A not yet! Late last fall, "to" tight very slow U turn after getting gas on my Shadow. 650lbs balancing on the tip of the highway peg and on my right foot. No way to right it back up. A guy gave me a hand walking out of the store. Just barely scuffed the tip of my peg.

An ALMOST was when my wife got on the right side on my Shadow for some reason coming up from behind me while I was bracing for her to hop on the left side as usual.

wgreen12

Knock on wood..I have not dropped this one ....yet

ValueTeck

Never have and it's a miracle being the first motorcycle I ever rode was my 05 Road King.

Buickttype

The first time with my 96 was when I was going around a corner at night and hit a raccoon. That was my one and only ride in an ambulance ( I hope) Word of advice never hunt raccoons with your bike, if you get one it really really hurts. Second time was when I was backing up, a car was coming so I stopped and yep pot hole right where my foot went down, being just 5-5 doesn't give me much leaning room to play with. Guy in the car asked if I needed help picking it up I told him it's my bike if I can't pick it up myself I will put a for sale sign on it. My 82 same thing holes where ground should have been, except for the time when that truck went through a red light, that didn't hurt as much as hitting the raccoon. 82 interstate has 140,000 miles still going strong (I did all but 2000 miles on this one) 96 Asp just turned 40,000 ( these are all mine no help) between these two and the other bikes I have had I have gone at lest half million miles. I hope to get at lest another half million before I have to add a side car or third wheel to help me keep it up. Thing is if you don't drop it sometime it just means you don't ride enough.

AspectOne

Ouch LOL

detdrbuzzard

the 1200 wing , three titime i have dropped it. the 1500 wing i have never dropped but i did have to pick it up once

Buickttype

Always amazes me how everything breaks at sometime but gravity always works :)

djoyner

I've yet to drop either of my Wings.

I dropped my VTX at about 45 mph (high-sided) and the insurance company totaled it. Ten stitches in my elbow and a broken bone is my foot were all I took away from that spill.

My first bike was a Honda CBT 200 and I dropped it about three times.

Geezerglider

[user=2609]djoyner[/user] wrote:

I dropped my VTX at about 45 mph (high-sided) and the insurance company totaled it. Ten stitches in my elbow and a broken bone is my foot were all I took away from that spill.

I don't call that a drop, I call that a crash. :twitch:

What I call a drop is sitting dead still, and letting it get to far over to be able to hold it. :winker: Example, last time I "dropped" mine was at the gas pump forgetting to put the side stand down. :looking:

Free2Roambiker

Never! Oh... Never say never! I wouldn't be so embarassed to do it, I'm Just thinking who am I gonna get to help Me pick it back Up? lol.Hehehe... Someone told me a way to lift it myself (if it's on the "Right" side make sure the Kickstand is Down & in Gear)! from the right side turn the "Bars" all the way to the Left & lift it kinda like a "Wheelbarrow"! The same way for the left. Has anybody done it this way?

I know for a fact that the PO told Me that he Dropped It once... He's a short guy (he had to buy a Harley) :surrender: Only thing that saved the bike was, His Wife was on the Back at the Time! (What a wonderful lady, threw herself down that way)! No, She didn't get hurt, there was a crowd of people standing nearby & pulled it right off her! Some Tipping Point, I'm 6-1 165 Best investment was a pair of good Riding Boots. Gotta watch that sand & Gravel though!

:looking:

J42398

I did the gas station thing many years ago. I filled the tank and went inside to pay. The guy behind the counter was just looking at my bike. :watching: I turned and looked and it was falling SLOWLY. There was nothing I could do but watch.:surprised:

I didn't have the kickstand kicked forward. :doh: I had just picked up the bike and filling it for the first time. So I wasn't used to the kick stand.:whistle:

I ended up with just a small dent in the tank.:whip: and a very bruised ego.

So I kick the kick twice every time for the next 30 years. :looking:

Bashful

More than I care to think about, probably 5 times. The last time was in the driveway. I live just over the crest of a hill in our subdivision. Speed limit is 20 MPH. AS i was driving out the driveway, I looked a couple times as I was aproaching the street. Just I was getting to the street and started the slow speed turn I looked again and here comes this moron doing about 50 MPH over the hill. I hit the brakes and down I went. Fell on my elbow which jambed it into my ribs. I think I broke or craked a couple of them cause it was hard to take a deep breath for about 6 weeks. The guy stop and asked if I was all right. Still had my foot pinned under the crash bar. I said yes and he drove off.

Now the kill switch event still gives me nightmares and torments from my bride. :doh:

Whacker

Twice now!:rage: just got the bike back together, recently installed new rear wheel bearings, new plugs and fuel filter. Had a wonderful 60 degree day, headed out to a secluded area to practice some skills. Bike runs great and handles well, practicing turns, circles and figure 8's scraping the peg mounts and dragging the gremlin bell (it hangs from one of the pegs)and using up the chicken strips. Headed home a while later and when putting the bike away, turned around in the seat to fold down the antenna, boom, over she went :tap:

toledosei

:rage: 2 times here both sloooowwwwwww overs

FirstCavArmyVet

Once on our 80 while making a slow U-Turn. What was worst is I wasn't expecting it and it went over in front of the grocery store. Had a few people come ask if they could help. Of course I denied the assistance LOL. Played it off to just being a dumbass. 2nd wasn't as much of a lay down as a run over LOL.

pdmedic

Dropped mine for the first time Sunday in a parking lot foot went into a hole with gravel and slipped past the point of no return. Nothing hurt but my pride.

Whacker

OK, I think I'm in this thread 2 times already, but went beyond "drop" on Sunday, went directly to "crash" did not pass go, did not collect $200. :CRY:

Cactus_Jack

AKKKK

How you doing Whacker?

And How's the bike?

Whacker

Didn't walk away uninjured, 4 broken ribs, but not a scratch otherwise, fortunately all in dirt and grass. Bike is a little worse off, though I don't know how bad, it is at the shop now, waiting on the repair estimate. On the bright side, the insurance company sent it to the shop. The really suck side is that I had JUST picked up my newly painted trailer that morning, now it needs work also.

ziadelsol

I have been there and done that. Once with the 1500 in North Pole Alaska. Had just pulled out from the house going down the street to the 4-way stopsign. I came to a stop and it was clear or so I thought. Started pulling out and a car came blasting through from my left. Hit the brakes and put my feet out but my left foot went into a huge pothole in the dirt road.. Darn near saved i but once that point of no return I gave up and saved my knee instead.

With my 1800, I have a pretty steep driveway leading into my garage. Pulled the bike out and parked it on the little level spot right in front of the garage. Got back on and started the turn to coast it down the drive like I usually do but cut the handlebars a little too far and down it went. With the steep angle of the driveway, I was having a heck of a time picking it back up. Two construction workers passing by stopped and helped pick it back up. I was sure glad those two stopped by.

Whacker, sorry to hear about the beyond drop last Sunday.