Sign in to follow this  
kristop64089

How many times have you dropped your bike?

137 posts in this topic Last Reply

kristop64089

This is the SECOND time I have inadvertantly dropped this bike.

- Once i lost my footing on gravel, backing up, and the other was about 10 minutes ago. I thought the kickstand was down, and to my surprise, it wasnt!:rage:

Judging by the other side, i'd guess the p.o. had done it a few times(crack in the fairing, and fairing lower, plus some scuffs)

This thing is such a pig, I forget, you HAVE to respect it. I never have a problem while riding, only at a stop. It seems these have weird "break point" and once it's there, I just have to help her down(both times) rather than fight it. Good thing for crash bars, ring of fire, and hi-way pegs:tap:

Devans

I haven't dropped mine.... "YET". They say there are 2 kinds.... those that have dropped theirs, and those that will :yes:

Dont feel bad.

kristop64089

only thing hurt is my ego

Devans

:yes:

I have always had the fear of doing it at a stop light, with tons of other people sitting there watching :scared:.... I imagine that would be quite embarrassing :yes::yes:

Wvboy

[user=1]Devans[/user] wrote:

I haven't dropped mine.... "YET".

Ditto

I know it will happen someday but I'll put it off as long as I can.

mikef

I've done it all, in front of people, alone, doesn't matter. Biggest embarrassment was the time I dropped it, got pinned under it, and a chick (husband has a Harley) helped me get out. Or maybe the time I dropped it in a gas station in Texas, picked it up, only to realize the kickstand wasn't down, and dropped it the other way. Guy working at the gas station was rolling on the ground, laughing.

All times, either stopped, or coming to a stop. Unexpected footing always the case. You are right about the tipping point. Once you reach that angle, move all your good parts out of the way and let it go. Nice thing about the crash bars is you would never know it went down.

Never dropped either 1200, but the 1500 goes down, once a year. Biggest problem? Not thinking.

I've done it, not afraid to say it, and I could care less what people think. It's all part of the experience.

Devans

[user=12]mikef[/user] wrote:

Or maybe the time I dropped it in a gas station in Texas, picked it up, only to realize the kickstand wasn't down, and dropped it the other way.

:rofl::rofl:

Sorry Mike, but I can just picture that :yes::rofl::rofl:

devansgirl

Or maybe the time I dropped it in a gas station in Texas, picked it up, only to realize the kickstand wasn't down, and dropped it the other way. Guy working at the gas station was rolling on the ground, laughing.

Is the altitude getting to you up there Mike? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Im sorry. Its not funny.. :scared:

mikef

[user=1]Devans[/user] wrote:

Or maybe the time I dropped it in a gas station in Texas, picked it up, only to realize the kickstand wasn't down, and dropped it the other way.

:rofl::rofl:

Sorry Mike, but I can just picture that :yes::rofl::rofl:

Sad part is, it was totally a given. I had just driven straight through from Swainsboro Georgia, it was 100 degrees plus, and I just got a warning along with some Harley bikers about horsing around on the freeway (a little cat and mouse thing) and I was dead tired.

I was so pissed when I dropped it, I almost threw that thing upright, both times. Luckily, I was just down the road, from my destination.

mikef

[user=2]devansgirl[/user] wrote:

Or maybe the time I dropped it in a gas station in Texas, picked it up, only to realize the kickstand wasn't down, and dropped it the other way. Guy working at the gas station was rolling on the ground, laughing.

Oh, yeah. I got some serious "altitude" going on here.

Cactus_Jack

The wing 0 times, the Shadow once lets just say dead stop right turn through a mud puddle with a bunch of gravel in it and being pissed off at the light that hadn't changed for 5 minutes is not a good combination. On that point if the rpms start going up like they should and the bike isn't picking up speed like it should, you may be in trouble soon.

Devans

[user=2]devansgirl[/user] wrote:

Oh, yeah. I got some serious "altitude" going on here.

:whistle::rofl:

Vegaswingnut

My 1500 i did once in the garage when I thought the side stand was all the way down after taking it off the center stand.:doh:

The only time on the 1100 was when I was rear ended:rage:

Geezerglider
I've never dropped mine. I just lay it over occassionally to keep in practice picking it up. :whistle:

keithg64

[user=659]Geezerglider[/user] wrote:

I've never dropped mine. I just lay it over occassionally to keep in practice picking it up. :whistle:

HA HA HA

I've droped mine 3 times so far, once when I hit the deer 5 months after putting the bike back together after I bought it.

Once in the driveway after setting the kickstand and getting on ly to find that the kickstand was not all the way down and down we went.

And after taking some pictures of the bike on a very windy day and the wind blew it over, aww man.

Devans

Like I said, those that have and those that will :yes::yes:

mtwinger

I've dropped every bike I've owned, I thought that just went with the whole experience:doh:

Devans

mtwinger, where the heck ya been :baffled:... I thought you feel off the earth or something.. :rofl:

mtwinger

:evil:Hey Dean! Still on the face of the earth, just riding the wing as much as possible:banana:

Devans

I hear ya... we have been to. We have been heading to Illinois and meeting with Ghostrider and Lucky, the last couple weekends. Guess I could have swung by and grabbed ya. :baffled:

mtwinger

Let me know next time, might try to hit that SpoonRiver craft deal next weekend.

mtwinger

Yeah, looks like a nice ride.:banana:

Hope I don't drop my bike.:doh:

(Just keeping thread on topic):nono:

Devans

oops:scared:... I hope I dont either :worthy: