Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
wpgfire

Fly and Ride to Georgia and Home

17 posts in this topic Last Reply

wpgfire

I was finally able to make it down to Georgia to pick up my '97SE. Had already owned it for 6 weeks. Just couldn't get off work earlier to go get it. Flew down and drove it back. Cost me less than $500 in total. Don't think I could have had it shipped for that. Plus I would have missed all the great scenery.

Here's a few pics of the ride home:

http://s769.photobucket.com/albums/xx340/VE4RA/Georgia%20trip%20home/

And, yes, I entered one in the Photo Contest. If it doesn't win I think I'll make my own Goldwing calendar. Or get my kids to make me one for Xmas. That would be something I could really use. This weekend to the Black Hills..... this weekend to Minnneapolis ..... this week to British Columbia....this month to Arizona...

Joep

Ahem.. that's a lot of riding.. better get the iron out to make it through all those rides..

Vegaswingnut

That's one beautiful wing that you have there. We look forward to seeing more pics from your rides. Have safe trips!

wpgfire

That Travelcade seat is amazing. And I discovered that if I wear spandex shorts under the jeans there is no chafing which is often half the problem on long rides. Put together four 600 mile days and felt great. Hardly even used the highway pegs.

Putt

Nice pictures. Glad you had a good trip home. :clap::clap:

tazman

Looks like a fine scoot and an even better ride getting her home. Congrats!

Wvboy

Congrats on the bike :COOL:

Joep

[user=799]wpgfire[/user] wrote:

That Travelcade seat is amazing. And I discovered that if I wear spandex shorts under the jeans there is no chafing which is often half the problem on long rides. Put together four 600 mile days and felt great. Hardly even used the highway pegs.

Heard that the biking compression shorts work wonders.. evidently I can take it on good faith from your personnel experience.. Thanks will consider getting some..

SB in SC

That fellow in the second picture is a handsome devil!:evil:

wpgfire

Yeah, and that woman he's with ain't half bad. either.:evil:

Hodgy

VE4RA = ham ?

wpgfire

Tell me that pic in your avatar isn't outside your window. And to think I've thought living in Alberta nearer the mountains might not be so bad. Sunny and 10 C out here on the prairies today. Just heading out for a ride.

Observant to catch that Ham radio handle but, alas, not my thing. My grandfather used to be into it. It's a PlautDeutsch (old german/dutch dialect) thing that means "We drive!".

AspectOne

NICE luv it a flew down to NC to get my 1500, the ride back is amzing when its your first on 15... you just want to keep going!!

wpgfire

And that's just what I've been doing since I picked it up. Between work and some home renos I've been doing I've still managed to pour on over 6000 miles Since I picked it up in mid-September.:dance:

Hodgy

Yes that is my driveway but the pic was taken in March 2009. Today it was +9, clear, no snow on the ground and a Chinook wind blowing.

I lived in The Peg for 38 years. I think I have grown soft and could not survive a winter there. This part of Alberta has a mild winter.

wpgfire

Lived in the Peg for 38 years? You wouldn't be related to Rick and Garry, would you?

Hodgy

Nope !

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,