Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Mopar1973Man

Utility Trailer

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Mopar1973Man

Well to throw 2 cents to the pile... Here is my crude little trailer. I've got basically $100 bucks in lumber and electrical in it. It was rather easy to build.

I started out with a fold up utility trailer frame which I cut down to size and weld together. I was to happy with the idea its bolted together. Not to mention most of all the roads out here are dirt so I better built on a solid frame.

DSCF0386.jpg

The box dimensions are roughly 3 foot wide by 4 foot long by 1.5 tall. Here is what is look like as front view from in front of the bike for wind profile...

DSCF0373.jpg

DSCF0371.jpg

So since I had some old oil based grey paint I used it as a under coating to keep the wood from rotten out on me. Trust me I used the entire quart on the bottom!

DSCF0385.jpg

To be sure this was safe I got it all put together and looked for some test cargo. I managed t ofind to very wet pine rounds weighing over 300 pound to stuff in the trailer. It rode straight as a arrow and did very well. The only thing that was concerning was that amount of weight is not suggested without trailer brakes.

DSCF0389.jpg

At this point I was working on the paint job and electrical...

DSCF0455.jpg

But here is the finshed product...

DSCF0459.jpg

I use the trailer for most of my summer work like automotive repair, or my computer business. I've alo used it for camping a few time and plan on doing a few camping trips this summer... :ponder:

DigbyODell

Thats awesume mopar :egypt:

LilJack

Vey nice, how long have you had it? and how is it holding up?

Mopar1973Man

This is the second year... It built with 1/2 Inch OSB panel board and 2x2's... It holding up rather well other than the lid is taken a good beating. The paint I used didn't seal the wood as well as I figured it would of... But I still use it daily and tow it up and down dirt roads yet. It cost me about 3-4 MPG roughly to tow it around but the cargo room is worth it. I can put everyting I need for doing jobs in it. (Tools, computers, equiptment, fire dept gear, or camping stuff.)

I'm going to remember to take my camera with me some day... :bang: