Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Putt

Possible ride into Iowa Wisconsin

78 posts in this topic Last Reply

Wisota

Minnesota; Hwy 61, to Hwy 14 to I90, to County 26 ( I90 crosses into Wisconsin at LaCrosse) In Wisconsin; Hwy 35 to Winona bridge then it heads east away from the river. Not much then untill Lacrosse there take Hwy14 to Hwy 35 that stays with the river untill Prairie du Chien. Iowa has Hwy 64 that kind of follows it, along with Illinois Hwy 84. That being said the river isn't visible from many roads in Southern Wisconsin, Iowa, and Illinois like they are elsewhere. (local folks probably have better info on local roads)

A route I like which provides alot of river views is; At St. Paul US61 to US14 to I90,(same road just name changes) cross I90 bridge into Wisconsin then US14 to Wisconsin 35 to Prairie du Chien after that its a toss up which road to take.

OR

At Prescott Wisconsin take Hwy35 to Hwy 54 cross bridge to Winona MN, then hop on US61 to US14 to I90 cross at LaCrosse like above.

Hope this helps. Oh by the way riding the river valley at dusk is AWESOME!!

Putt

[user=972]Wisota[/user] wrote:

Minnesota; Hwy 61, to Hwy 14 to I90, to County 26 ( I90 crosses into Wisconsin at LaCrosse) In Wisconsin; Hwy 35 to Winona bridge then it heads east away from the river. Not much then untill Lacrosse there take Hwy14 to Hwy 35 that stays with the river untill Prairie du Chien. Iowa has Hwy 64 that kind of follows it, along with Illinois Hwy 84. That being said the river isn't visible from many roads in Southern Wisconsin, Iowa, and Illinois like they are elsewhere. (local folks probably have better info on local roads)

A route I like which provides alot of river views is; At St. Paul US61 to US14 to I90,(same road just name changes) cross I90 bridge into Wisconsin then US14 to Wisconsin 35 to Prairie du Chien after that its a toss up which road to take.

OR

At Prescott Wisconsin take Hwy35 to Hwy 54 cross bridge to Winona MN, then hop on US61 to US14 to I90 cross at LaCrosse like above.

Hope this helps. Oh by the way riding the river valley at dusk is AWESOME!!

Thank you....Much appreciated. :wave:

Putt

As of now I think we will be into the norther part of Iowa on Monday July 27th sometime. Will most likely get down to Diggers city and stay the night there.

Decent motel with decent price...:baffled: anyone with ideas??

Tuesday will head towards Deans.

So whatcha guys doin those days/evenings?? Digger/DaBoss, Dean/Donna, Maddog, Mespock, lucky, Mikey, Ghost, and anybody else I missed...

Devans

we will be good to meet up with you Putt. I will let work know tomorrow. Should be early morning, if you are stayin over in Dubuque the 27th. Only about 1 1/2 hours from Dub. to here.

:wave:

Putt

Darn weather better cooperate :whip::whip: :rofl::rofl:

Putt

[user=1]Devans[/user] wrote:

we will be good to meet up with you Putt. I will let work know tomorrow. Should be early morning, if you are stayin over in Dubuque the 27th. Only about 1 1/2 hours from Dub. to here.

we'd sure be up to doing something as a group if that would work. :wave: we're flexible with the plans. :COOL:

Devans

[user=325]Putt[/user] wrote:

we'd sure be up to doing something as a group if that would work. :wave: we're flexible with the plans.
:COOL: Same here :running:

DigbyODell

As of now I think we will be into the norther part of Iowa on Monday July 27th sometime. Will most likely get down to Diggers city and stay the night there.

So whatcha guys doin those days/evenings?? Digger/DaBoss, Dean/Donna, Maddog, Mespock, lucky, Mikey, Ghost, and anybody else I missed...

If you ant I can get you some phone numbers of decent motels around here... either call me or pm what kind of $$ you have budgeted for a room...:wave:

Putt

[user=8]DigbyODell[/user] wrote:

If you ant I can get you some phone numbers of decent motels around here...
either call me or pm what kind of $$ you have budgeted for a room...:wave:

Isn't this the times of Obama :baffled: aren't we all gonna pitch in so I get a nice place to stay?:yes:

Didn't really want to make reservations anywhere...never know where we'll be. Just wanted to fly by the seat of my pants......:wave:

Devans

NAGF welfare office.... can I help you? :doh::rofl::rofl:

DigbyODell

Isn't this the times of Obama :baffled: aren't we all gonna pitch in so I get a nice place to stay?:yes:

Didn't really want to make reservations anywhere...never know where we'll be. Just wanted to fly by the seat of my pants......:wave:

Let me check my wallet....

Sorry obamanation took all mine allready... Looks like its park benches for you :baffled: :rofl:

toomanyfumes

Have fun you guys, I gotta work this weekend.:rage:

Devans

you dont look so well Andy.... maybe you should take a day off...*cough*

DigbyODell

you dont look so well Andy.... maybe you should take a day off...*cough*

I agree.. I think he needs some throttle therapy :clap:

Devans

:yes:

Putt

Have plans to meet up with Digger (Da Boss???) Dean & Donna on Monday morning the 27th for a good day of riding and fun. Can anyone else make it to Dubuque monday morning for the day?

Can't wait to meet you all. :wave:

mikef

Dubuque = day of fun......sorry, don't see it.

Devans

[user=12]mikef[/user] wrote:

I dont either, but who am I to speak, I live in Muscatine :rofl::rofl:

I think the day of fun will be mostly had by enjoying the company of friends. :dance: Oh, and the riding part to.. :egypt:

Putt

[user=12]mikef[/user] wrote:

ok

Devans

Is that a no for Mike then... :baffled:

Thats fine, we will use up all the fun... :running::egypt:

mikef

Love to, but I'm busy.

mespock

Well I have to agree also about Dubuque... but What time you meeting Digger?

DigbyODell

[user=25]mespock[/user] wrote:

Prolly meet up there in boscobell for lunch... That will give devans time to get up here...

Going to meet Putt's for supper sun night and we can discuss times more a bit then :watching:

Putt

[user=25]mespock[/user] wrote:

Don't know yet, but will be in the morning. We ain't late sleepers. :rofl::rofl:

Will let you know.