Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
fysty-1

Another Trailer Project Almost Complete

50 posts in this topic Last Reply

fysty-1

As I eluded to in another post, I too I'm in the process of building a trailer but due to my financial situation, I have ended up leaning on others for help. A neighbor, who also into Bikes ( has a custom Virago) turns out to be a welder and we were talking on day a couple of months ago and I told him about the HF frame and he said show me a plan of the frame you want and he'll see what he can do. Two days later he drops off a completed frame in my yard. I went over to try and give him something for it but he said all he wants is to see it behind Baby. So now I need to get a suspension for it, so I place an add for an axle for some bling. And to my great surprise wonderful gent (Wayne) (Put-Put) who lives nearby responded and said he would like the lights & bar for his 83 aspy. We get together and discuss what I need ( he is also a welder that make hydraulic dump trailers). Any way he takes my frame away and after a few weeks, I have a rolling trailer with lights & all. I supplied some of the lights & the coupler but Wayne supplied everything else out of his stock. This man is an angel. He wants to help me fix up Baby as well by welding up the exhaust and a few other things. This just goes to shoe that there are still a few of us out there that would give the shirts off our backs to help anther in a time of need. Although Wayne is on another site, I just wanted to let you all know that I found me an angel. Angela

fysty-1

Another pic

fysty-1

And another

fysty-1

Last but not least. When I get the box fitted and painted will post more. The metal pieces seen near the front of trailer are for mounting the Colman cooler and the cargo box. May look heavy but only has 20# on the tongue. The axle is a drop unit using Dodge Mini van rear hub and a pair of Ford 13"ers. Oh yeh and 2 25" leafs. Rides and pulls like a dream. A little bounce on more pronounced bumps but that is ok for now.:picture::woohoo::woohoo::running:

Rudy

Looking sweet Angela!

Very nice.

lucky_x16

:surprised:

Looking good.

More :picture: when you get them.

This thread is a definate eye opener.:watching:

fysty-1

Thanks Guys. It sure does look good to me. Rudy PM sent.

mikef

Looks good, Angela. You guys sure have me thinking trailer now......

Rudy

PM responded Angela.

fysty-1

http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Fenders/Fulton/F008553.html

Ther will be some new pics coming very soon as I have completely rewired, added new LED waterproof lights & new fenders ( see above link). This brings me to my question. These fender are supposed to be scratchproof but they are not. They are also apparently unpaintable. Can anyone here tell me if they actually can be painted? I guess this will apply to the box I am going to be using. These plastics are difficult to paint but would love to be able to match Baby Blue.

919_230408_110000000.jpg

Joep

they might be paintable but you may need to use "fusion" paint.. Krylon makes paint in this name.. but I also believe that rustoleum has a plastics paint also.. now they do make paints for the bumpers for the cars that are plastic so there maybe a possiblity of getting car type paint for these also.. others will chime in I'm sure

fysty-1

Thanks Joe. I should have thought of that myself as I have a bumper cover for the cage in my side yard waiting for paint & install. duh!!!:doh::doh::yes:

Joep

the plastic type may affect the type of paint to be used.. but a paint shop could tell you if they could paint it properly//

fysty-1

That is true. You are up rather early or have you like me not got to bed yet? I am kind of excited as Mikef & WldWcnWmn are stopping by to visit tomorrow ( today). They will be staying @ the RV park I live in. Both of them I know fgrom Steve's site & like me I guess they came over here for the peace & tranquility.:funny:Out of 5 forums & 4 years this will be the first of the non local members that I have ever gotten to meet. Can't wait.:woohoo::woohoo::banana::banana::banana:

Joep

no normal work hours.. up with the vamps and to bed whenthey do too!! and have a great time showing them the local sites..

mikef

It was our pleasure, Angela. We had a great visit. Btw, they waived us right through, going home...................

fysty-1

What do you mean going home? Aren't you going to Victoria? You forgot to leave that oil filter cover or whatever.:doh:

Devans

Hey Angela... how did that wiring job go?

fysty-1

[user=1]Devans[/user] wrote:

Hey Angela... how did that wiring job go?

Patience my dear pics are coming. Actually everything went very well and everything worked just like it should except the left signal & brake but when I got my littly electrical checky thingy out I found that it is in the bikes wiring.:disagree: Now I have to trace that down.:rage: But you wiring diagram did the trick. Thanks:clap::clap::woohoo:

fysty-1

Ok here we go. I will try to get these pic in order.

before919_080209_340000001.jpg

after919_241553_310000000.jpg

919_241553_310000001.jpg

919_241553_310000002.jpg

Sorry theyt came out a liitle big and I did resize them befor uploading to the gallery.:ponder::ponder::ponder:

fysty-1

Here are the other 2 befor pics. Now all I need is a box like this.919_230408_110000000.jpg

919_080209_320000000.jpg

Well I though I had uploaded 3 of the before to the gallery but I guess not.:doh:

AspectOne

Lookin good doll... you got it goin your way now!

fysty-1

Thanbks Chris. The Blk & wht box fell thro but I have found a better one. It is thge same price but much newer. All beit slightly smaller. In the pics it is shown with a set of Thule racks. These do not come with.

919_270125_210000000.jpg

919_270125_220000001.jpg

mikef

[user=919]fysty-1[/user] wrote:

What do you mean going home? Aren't you going to Victoria? You forgot to leave that oil filter cover or whatever.:doh:

We DID go to Victoria. Great place. Loved the campground. The Canadian border guards open up the package and I had to reseal it. Mailed it from Victoria BC. Any moron that wants to blame Canada for letting the 9/11 terrorists through, needs to see the difference between the US and Canadian border guards. We were thoroughly inspected each time going into Canada. Coming out (US guards) we were all but waved through. A complete joke.

Here is a pic from the Westbay Marina and Campground, out the front window of the RV, in our campsite.

AspectTwo

:banana::banana:Cool trailer Angela!! Like it much!! Too bad the Thule racks didn't come with as they command a decent price on fleabay.

Mike, love you got thru easily....with our luck if they have a quota of 1/hr to stop, it's gonna be us! Always reminds me of the Fraiser episode where they took Daphne over the border.....good laughs!! :funny:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,