Sign in to follow this  
Vegaswingnut

A day at the park with my new friends

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

Vegaswingnut

I went for a ride today out to Lake Mead. Cruised out to Hoover Dam then I was on my way home and stopped for a bottle of water then headed to a park close to the store to relax and drink the water. When I arrived at the lake, I saw that I wasn't going to be alone......Here are a few pics of my newest friends......there are big horn sheep. The herd lives in the near by mountains and come down to the park to feed. The two rams, had just finished butting heads. Just like you see on TV, the sound was a low thud.

HPIM3270.jpg

HPIM3266.jpg

HPIM3273.jpg

HPIM3252.jpg

HPIM3253.jpg

HPIM3263.jpg

HPIM3267.jpg

Bamaeagle

:clap::clap: Nice pics Vegas.....

I get to see deer at one plant go to every time I drive out to it. They are in the field next to the parking lot.

Hazmat

where is this park? boulder city side or nearer to the lake? i miss seeing pictures like that of the desert hills. and those big horn are great, nice pics, thanks vegas

Vegaswingnut

East of Boulder City heading towards the lake on the north side of the road.

Vegaswingnut

Here are a few more.........

HPIM3257.jpg

HPIM3256.jpg

HPIM3249.jpg

Wvboy

Great pics Vegas :clap:

Devans

Nice pics vegas.

We saw critters last night to. My neighbor came over saying she had a snake on her porch. We went over and it was coiled up between her deck and the skirting, rattling its tail...:twitch: No it wasnt a rattle snake.... it was a bull snake thinking it was a rattle snake.:doh:

Pituophis_catenifer_sayi_007.jpg

10 minutes later, our son walks over with a mole that he caught out in the road :doh:...

mespock

Hmmm someone have something for sheep? LOL ...

Nice snake ... hope you didn't do the typical think and just kill it because it was a snake. A good snake around the house will keep the mice and moles away ...

Devans

I never kill a snake. :no: We have had several Bull snakes in our yard. I have let both of them go in the corn field behind the house.

Donna hates snakes, but just because she hates them, is not reason to kill them. They are very good exterminators... :yes:

Joep

I have done so recently as a cottonmouth was near to attacking my dog.. otherwise I would have made it go away..

Devans

[user=895]Joep[/user] wrote:

I have done so recently as a cottonmouth was near to attacking my dog.. otherwise I would have made it go away..

Thats justified... I would have to. But I wouldn't kill them just because :no: