Sign in to follow this  
Vegaswingnut

My Oklahoma trip

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Vegaswingnut

On the 16th of May I left Las Vegas for Oklahoma to visit family. I left Friday after work and headed east. I stopped in Williams Az for dinner. There must have been some kind of motorcycle event going on because the streets were filled with Harleys. Then I was off to Holbrook Az. I pulled in about 10pm.

Saturday morning I met up with a Voyager rider headed for Phoenix. We chatted while enjoying a cup of coffee on a cold morning. Then we shook hands and parted ways. I headed down the road and was shortly joined by a couple on a 1800. We both stopped for fuel. They were also from Vegas headed for Denver. We exchanged numbers and parted ways in Albuquerque. I ran into some nasty rain between Albuquerque and my next stop , Amarillo, Tx. It was nice to get in and dry off.

Sunday morning was nice and sunny. Off I went, this time I headed off the interstate on to two lane highways. I took my time enjoying the ride until I reached my destination, Sulphur, Ok.

I spent 6 days there with friends and family. I spent some time riding around the area. Chickasaw National Recreation Area is right outside Sulphur. I spent two days there visiting the park and the Lake of the Arbuckles which is inside the park.

After the six days unfortunately it was time to head for home. The trip home was pretty un eventful. I did hit some winds in Texas and 20 Degree weather riding thru Flagstaff Az.

The trip covered 2400+ miles. The only thing that went wrong was when my new J&M headset lost a speaker about half way home. I met other riders along the way. All were really nice. The only thing I wish I would have packed was a tripod for my camera.

Here are some pictures of my adventure.

I had a great time and would do it again in a heartbeat!

devansgirl

That looks like a great ride Vegaswingnut. You are braver than I am driving in tornado alley in tornado season:rofl:

Glad you had fun

Vegaswingnut

Well, I kinda figured as long as I didnt see any flying cows, like in the movie, I was doin alright! :rofl: