Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
Devans

Spent the day in the ER

119 posts in this topic Last Reply

Rudy

I always get the 3-5 stroke.

Devans

They done a Ct scan and found no bleeding in the brain. Clots, on the other hand, they told me are easier found with a MRI than a CT. After the echo and doppler test on Wednesday, depending on what it shows, my doc will proceed as needed, he said.

Our ER is not a place to take a dog to. I did not want to go there to begin with, but my doctor would not see me because of the numbness, and requested I go to the ER...Dr. Wettach ( my doc) said my blood level was 146.... at my last check a few months ago,, it was 83. My thinking is, the ER doc didnt know what was wrong with me, so he used the blood sugar test results as an answer :baffled:. I will definitely be arguing down the bill when I recieve it, from the ER. Being self employeed, insurance is completely unaffordable, so all of the testing they done, and will do, will be out of my pocket. I don't feel I should have to pay for a misdiagnosis of that magnitude..:tap:

Joep

Dean when they checked your blood sugar level was it a finger stick or was it from a blood draw?? and If it was a finger stick had you been eating or handling food prior to going to ER?? DID they just alcohol wipe your finger?? As a diabetic I have found that before I check my sugars.. I wash my hands.. the alcohol doesn't remove the sugars from food contact off of the hand.. and it could vary from 20 to 40 points .. My wife had a low blood sugar episode and spilled a drink that was containing sugar and the emts said her sugar was high.. and I told them straight out she was in a low sugar condition... the tests in the ER proved me right.. make sure if they arte going to finger stick.. to wash your hands very well before letting them try that..

From experience

Devans

They checked it with a blood draw... no finger stick..

mikef

Depending on what you ate or drank that morning, may decide on that higher level. I believe you are a Mountain Dew freak. Worse possible poopy you can drink, sugar wise. Orange juice is way up there, too. The fast before the bloodwork should clear that up.

Devans

blood work in the morning....I was going to do it this morning, but there was about 20 elderly people there, and I didnt feel like waiting 2 hours to get it.. :no:

Devans

also... you are right... Mt Dew freak is for sho....

I hadnt eaten anything that day but drank a Dew... didnt think of it until this morning when doc was talking about it.

Wvboy

Anymore good news yet???????

Vegaswingnut

Yep! I'm still winning the last to post thread! Thats good news!

Wvboy

[user=75]Vegaswingnut[/user] wrote:

Yep! I'm still winning the last to post thread! Thats good news!

Maybe you should refresh your page, I've got 2 posts after yours :banana:

Vegaswingnut

:disagree:

Vegaswingnut

Devans

[user=97]Wvboy[/user] wrote:

Anymore good news yet???????

Not yet, I had the echo cardiogram and the carotid doppler on Wednesday. Now Im just waiting for the doctor to call back with the results.

I have all feeling back now in my face, so that is good.

Im going to call Tuesday, if I haven't heard from him.

Wvboy

I'm hoping for good news for you.

Must not be serious or they would have contacted you by now.

devansgirl

Lets hope so

mikef

Went over by the kid today to watch the raced that ended up getting rained out. I told him about your little episode with the numbness on one side. His first reaction was "Ohhhh, sounds like a stroke".

In all fairness, he is a licensed RN, getting his start in the Navy and participating in Desert Storm. He is now Director of Surgical procedures in a hospital in Marinette Wi.

Still...makes me wonder about your ER.

Devans

You dont have to wonder about our ER. We know they are horrible. It is called a bandage hospital, here in town.

Warlock

Well I'm sure we are all anxiously awaiting the news. Glad to hear about the face.

milkman

I have had Type II for 5yrs and control it with drugs & food intake. But I have never had the numbness other than a arm or leg. Hope it all works out.:ponder:

Devans

Doctor called today....

They said my carotid doppler test was negitve, meaning there was nothing of concern. They said there is no signs of clots, or any signs that there ever was a clot. The blood is flowing perfectly, and there was no sign of plaque buildup in the arteries or veins either.

The echo cardiogram came back ok. My heart, all arteries, and valves are working great, and flowing like they should. They did find that I have a pre artrial beat (pre beat). I have know about this from a past visit to my cardiologist. I was told then that it was nothing to worry about because of one reason. It does not do it regulary, or on a certain number of beats. Mine does it very sporatically, but several times a minute. This happens when the left ventrical beats before it should. I have felt this in my chest since I was young. It feels somewhat like a flutter. May people feel it, mine just happens to do it several times a minute.

For now, I am on nothing more than 1 - 81mg asprin a day, which I have been taking due to my heart. They found absolutely nothing that would suggest that I have or am going to have a stroke. The cardiologist said that he doesn't even see how I could have experienced a mini stroke, due to the fact that all arteries, heart, lungs, and head CT scan looked great...:baffled:

So....... I was told that "if" this should happen again, I will be taken to a neurologist. They gave me the option to go now, but with no insurance, at the present, I figured my incoming bill will be large enough :doh:

Now, you all know what I know. Im trying to pay attention to what brings the numbness on. I did get back all the sensation in my left face Friday, but yesterday, it came back again, and is still numb today :doh:. Im just going to chart what I eat, what I do, and anything else that may contribute to this, and see if I can figure something out on my own.

jpwalter

Tell Donna to quit smacking you in the back of the head so much see if that helps. :scared::yes:

Devans

never thought of that :ponder:I should make her go out and get a second job to pay the bills that she created :rofl:

devansgirl

[user=681]jpwalter[/user] wrote:

Tell Donna to quit smacking you in the back of the head so much see if that helps. :scared::yes:

Like this? :smack:

jpwalter

smurf for hire:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::twitch::scared:

McDave

Congrats on the good news dean.....As for Donna slappin ya in the head....Micky D's is always looking for people to keep the crew in line....:whip::rofl:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,