Sign in to follow this  
Devans

Spent the day in the ER

119 posts in this topic Last Reply

Devans

I also like the small packets, from walmart, that you just dump into single bottles of water :yes:

Devans

Back from the doc.... he says I had a mini stroke on Thursday. I have an Echocardiogram and Carodid doppler (checks blood flow through my carotid arteries) test scheduled for Wednesday.

So we'll see what they find then

Warlock

[user=1]Devans[/user] wrote:

Back from the doc.... he says I had a mini stroke on Thursday. I have an Echocardiogram and Carodid doppler (checks blood flow through my carotid arteries) test scheduled for Wednesday.

So we'll see what they find then

Well, Dean I have to say that is not exactly what I would want to hear. Especially when they did tests that I would think should tell them that. I wish you the best and hope that everything is well.

devansgirl

He also said he HAD to quit smoking...... I am bracing for WWIII around the house because no matter how much he bitches, he is NOT getting a cigarette.....:whip::whip:

So if anyone wants to help in the process, by all means.......:rofl:

lucky_x16

I am not giving him one!

devansgirl

Thanks Lucky :wave:

lucky_x16

Did he tell you yesterday, that he challenged me and JP to get you out of your shell during the MNG?

devansgirl

Ummmmmm Nooooooooo :scared:

What is that supposed to mean? Im not going :looking:

Devans

:scared:

lucky_x16

[user=2]devansgirl[/user] wrote:

Ummmmmm Nooooooooo :scared:

What is that supposed to mean? Im not going :looking:

That is okay, we are coming to you!

I already have a scenic route plotted in my Garmin!

Devans

theres a scenic route from there to Iowa :twitch:

Vegaswingnut

I thought you guys were on the patch.:baffled: You're not suppose to smoke AND do the patch thing:smack: it kinda defeats the purpose. :doh:

lucky_x16

And it runs right by Econo Lodge so I can get checked in prior to arriving.

devansgirl

[user=75]Vegaswingnut[/user] wrote:

I thought you guys were on the patch.:baffled: You're not suppose to smoke AND do the patch thing:smack: it kinda defeats the purpose. :doh:

He was... He gave up.... Now he cant:whip:

Devans

thats not to bad of a ride.... and yep, it will take you right past Econolodge:yes:

lucky_x16

It is definately more scenic than the interstate! That and the small towns will have Dairy Queens, so GhostRider2 can get ice cream!!!

mikef

ice cream?

lucky_x16

Sure, There should be a Dairy Queen in Illinois City shouldn't there?

That route should take us right through there.

devansgirl

I dont think there is...... I dont think Illinois City has much of anything actually:baffled:

lucky_x16

well then find one for us!

devansgirl

They have one here. On the other side of town :watching:

Joep

[user=2]devansgirl[/user] wrote:

[user=75]Vegaswingnut[/user] wrote:

He was... He gave up.... Now he cant:whip:

Would probably work better if used correctly... right over the mouth!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::scared:

mikef

Getting back to the original theme of this thread, if your ER didn't even check the possibility of a stroke, or order tests to check, I didn't think I would take my dog there in the future.

From WebMD

What causes a stroke?

There are two types of stroke:

An ischemic stroke develops when a blood clot blocks a blood vessel in the brain. The clot may form in the blood vessel or travel from somewhere else in the blood system. About 8 out of 10 strokes are ischemic (say "iss-KEE-mick") strokes. They are the most common type of stroke in older adults.

A hemorrhagic stroke develops when an artery in the brain leaks or bursts. This causes bleeding inside the brain or near the surface of the brain. Hemorrhagic (say "heh-muh-RAH-jick") strokes are less common but more deadly than ischemic strokes.

How is a stroke diagnosed?

Seeing a doctor right away is very important. If a stroke is diagnosed quickly-within the first 3 hours of when symptoms start-doctors may be able to use medicines that can lead to a better recovery.

The first thing the doctor needs to find out is what kind of stroke it is: ischemic or hemorrhagic. This is important because the medicine given to treat a stroke caused by a blood clot could be deadly if used for a stroke caused by bleeding in the brain.

To find out what kind of stroke it is, the doctor will do a type of X-ray called a CT scan of the brain, which can show if there is bleeding. The doctor may order other tests to find the location of the clot or bleeding, check for the amount of brain damage, and check for other conditions that can cause symptoms similar to a stroke.

Not trying to scare, only inform. Age is NOT a factor.