Sign in to follow this  
Monkeytrucker

The big secret is out.

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

We had the idea of starting a Hotshot business.  I saw where a couple of local businesses had a need for quick delivery of items too big for the bed of a pickup truck and would require both the shipper and receiver to have some way to lift the object on and off the trailer.

So we secretly decided to get a new heart in Frankentruck, and build the trailer and try to make a few extra bucks every so often.

Then along came Covid-19.  Frankentruck is still getting his 5.7 L heart transplant.  Not doing it myself as the required getting up, down, under and into the job is now out of the question.  So he will have a new heart, has a new transmission, new tires, good brakes, and a working A/C system. 

The trailer project is going to be completed and in fact today I finished the ramps.  Tomorrow I will make a basket to set in the hitch area for blocks, chains, straps and etc.  Then the only 2 items left will be installing the side marker lights and paint the frame.  Probably will paint it black after hitting it with a wire brush.

As for 6011 rod, that is my go to welding rod.  In fact most of the frame and cross member welding has been with 6011 as my 75' 0 ga. cables make it easier to weld around large objects.  I am using my HF Vulcan Omni-Pro stick/mig/tig welding machine.  Love that thing.  I simply clamp the stinger onto the DIN plug on the long cable for the gasoline welder and clamp the ground on the project somewhere.  Many times I will simply tack a 25' long sucker rod onto the project and clip the ground onto that.  Do not have to trip over cables that somehow always seem to jump up and grab you.  Give me 20' of welder lead and I would jump off the Empire State building,  I know that cable will get caught on something before made a 2 floor drop.

Now I have to hope for some Hotshot business so I can payback my banker.  Maybe with some rescue checks coming in people will be buying used cars.  Those would be an easy haul.

IMG_2433.JPG

• Like 2

OnaWingandaPrayer

Trailer is looking great. I see you have a fine guard to keep watch ;)

tamathumper

Nice Farmall.