Wild Willy

ISO bracket for windshield accent

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Wild Willy

I bought the full windshield garnish off a recycler not realizing it needed a bracket that attached to the headlight bolts. Wanted to replace the polished aluminum one and plastic vented one with full chrome piece on my GL1500. But I am in need of the bracket or it is no good to me. Would anyone have one laying around and I learned bolts are longer and replace bolts in headlights. Part 15 https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/506c1dd0f870023420a2f1d8/windscreen  And me being in Canada this will cost buying US. 

Adam900

Being in Ontario, you have access to a lot of used parts sellers specifically for Goldwings.  A kijiji search should turn up a number of them.  I just contacted at least three people yesterday about a replacement fairing garnish for my GL1200 and at least two have many to choose from.

https://www.kijiji.ca/b-ontario/goldwing-used-parts/k0l9004?dc=true

Wild Willy

Thanks Adam. I have checked Kijiji and ebay and amazon and when I do find something it is the whole assembly. I just need the bracket that attaches to the headlight bolts. I have the garnish. Tried ever honda dealer from here to BC and all said the same. Back order. Won't get till mid March. The bolts needed not till April. So I bit the bullet and ordered from Davidson's sports 15 - 20 mins from me. And went and found the 6M x 55m bolts myself.