Sign in to follow this  
Monkeytrucker

I AIN'T GOING TO SELL ANY OF THEM!

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker
(edited)

Well really I am, simply because the family needs the cash.  The mother who was surviving breast cancer just had to go into the hospital for a biopsy on an enlarged Kidney.  We are waiting for information on that.

Looking into the shop at a Ninja 250, a Honda NS400R, a Kawasaki 500cc with full racing fairings on it (I did find the lower one), and a Kawasaki EX 600cc, I suddenly had a flash back to having performance stuff in the past or building neat things like the 23 T-Bucket, Starship One, the modernized 1950 MG TD, Frankentruck and etc.  

The 500 race bike I have running and tried to ride it.  Well folks, IT AIN"T A GOLDWING. I got going and found out that leaning out over the tank to hold onto those stubby handle bars and then trying to get my feet up onto the pegs, Well it just is not old man friendly. Went back to the shop idling at way faster than I wanted to go as 1,500 rpm was about as slow as it wanted to run.  The 250 will run on a spray can, just have to get the carbs flowing gasoline,  Got started on ArmorAll work on the 600.  Found a big mouse nest up top in back of the 600 but it appears the mice only chewed on one of the tail light wires.  Will start trying to get that monster started and running.  

The lower fairing for the 500 had L&M in a big logo and it was a different color but definitely fit the 500.  

The 400 I now have the complete history from the day it was sold new to the day I got it.  The Captain, who evidently thought he was the worlds best motorcyle rider, must have been caught out when that Auto-Control, torque, Amplification, Chamber (ATAC) came on and the front end came up and over the back end.  Even the great GP champion Freddie Spencer had the front wheel head for the sky when that system changed the exhaust extraction and greatly increased to HP.  We have the Captains riding boots and they are all chewed up

IMG_8300.JPG

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Like 1

OnaWingandaPrayer

clean and tune and move em down the road. I think your doing a great favor to the family.

Monkeytrucker

We are working with our VA rep, and trying to find proof the Captain had them registered.  Privacy laws do not allow the DMV to give out that information but are hoping we, thru that rep, can get an inside route to the information.  Then we can hopefully start applying for lost titles.  The 500 with all of the race fairings might not have any papers even though it has frame numbers, or the frame might have been changed along the way.  Captain B also made a bike out of salvaged stuff to repair a damaged one.  He was good at that.

Monkeytrucker

UPDATE, the 500cc with all of the race fairings on it runs great but no way an old man can fit on it.  The Ninja 250R runs great on the spray can. It has a vacuum operated fuel pump I think is messed up.  The 600cc beast, well it scared the crap out of me.  I have it on a motorcycle lift.  Could not get the fuel cap to open so I removed all of the filler neck socket head screws and fiddled with it.  There is a hidden screw under the fill cap you cannot get to unless the cap is open, so it would not come off but at least there was enough gap I could get a long this screw driver in and was able to get the lock tab pushed back.  After taking everything apart and cleaning it  the cap would now lock and unlock.  Just on a hope I put 2 quarts of fuel into the tank and had no leaks.  So I added another gallon or so and still no leaks.  OK, now lets try to see if it will start.  Choked it, hit the starter button and after a few revolutions it fired up.  Problem with the throttle cables as it will run at about 4,000 rpm and can crack the throttle open and it will rev even higher but return to 4 grand.  So three will run. They all have a good dose of Sea Foam in the fuel systems in hopes it will de-gunk the fuel systems.  Now IF we can get titles, those suckers will make some super bike rider happy and me happy to help the Captains family. 

I would love to be able to ride all three of them, especially that beautiful 600 cc.  If it were only a road bike.... 

BTW, our VA rep is definitely military connected as he is great at hurry up and wait.  "you men go to the white pole on the parade grounds and wait for instructions". The after an hour the speaker on the pole says "You men go to the red pole and wait for instructions."  Finally after 8 hours you get to the last color available and some drill Sgt. wearing a garrison hat come up and chews every one out for standing around.  "Drop and give me 50!"  

Probably will finally get told "Sorry, cannot help."

• Like 1