scraper

Missing 5 days

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

scraper

A while back I had some one hit me while I was waiting for a light. They crossed from the left lane over me in the rignt. I say that but I have no idea what happened. The only thing that I do remember was leaving the shop and waiting for the first light to turn left. The next thing I remember was being home. Now this happened on the 16 of Oct at 327 pm. Wednesday . I remember waking up at home on Monday and not feeling like it was a good day. Things were cloudy I called it like having a hand over. My head was pounding. The wife told me what happened. And that I was accused of running into the car. But the people that did see the after effects say that's not what happened. I have a picture of 6 guys picking the bike off me and 2 women kneeling by my head. One of them is a nurse that was headed to work at the hospital a short mile up the road. I had a good cut from hitting the curb witch caused a bit of a TBI  with a bleed between the brain and skull. In the long run the recovery has been full. The other thing was that the police have a camera there that was a short 700 feet from the accident. But with my luck that spot is out of focus. So you can't see what happened. What a bummer. I even went to a video shop that transfers video to see if anything could be done and no. He'll the cameras that I use to change the traffic lights phases for side streets are better than the cameras that the cops are useing.  I guess the old phrase.      Some days chickens some days feathers.    If ya wake up in the morning and you ain't pushing up daisy is a good day.  I do say that I have Angel s  that look after me and I'm going to live to be 100 so that I can be a pain in the butt for a long time.

(Were not here for a long time were here for a good time)  love life to the fullest and enjoy it for all its worth

OnaWingandaPrayer

WOW! Glad to hear you have recovered . Yes ,your gaurdian angel was working OT that day and likely the next five days to keep you here. 

So are you charged with the accident or did the witnesses all state otherwise? I dont suppose it was a hit an run . 

scraper

No I received a ticket for a rear end hit. Took it to court and got it dropped. From what the wife said the cop didn't talk to anybody. Not even me. They did say I came around a couple of minutes after my hit on the curb. Some of the stuff it seems I had a really fun time in the hospital. The only thing I can remember are the 2 pictures I have in my mind are of my brother standing by me and some body that's says your going to throw up and the link bucket comes to my face that's it.

Mountain Rider

Greg, glad to hear you're back up and running.  These things happen so fast and outcome can be so different depending on the day of the week.  I was rear ended setting at a stop sign this last year.  Two seconds more and I wouldn't even have been there, unfortunately the guy who hit me, an insurance agent, was looking down trying to link his Bluetooth device to his phone.  He had his foot on the brake and knew he was stopping, just didn't stop soon enough.  Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

Pastor Ron
On 1/26/2020 at 6:47 PM, scraper said:

A while back I had some one hit me while I was waiting for a light. They crossed from the left lane over me in the rignt. I say that but I have no idea what happened. The only thing that I do remember was leaving the shop and waiting for the first light to turn left. The next thing I remember was being home. Now this happened on the 16 of Oct at 327 pm. Wednesday . I remember waking up at home on Monday and not feeling like it was a good day. Things were cloudy I called it like having a hand over. My head was pounding. The wife told me what happened. And that I was accused of running into the car. But the people that did see the after effects say that's not what happened. I have a picture of 6 guys picking the bike off me and 2 women kneeling by my head. One of them is a nurse that was headed to work at the hospital a short mile up the road. I had a good cut from hitting the curb witch caused a bit of a TBI  with a bleed between the brain and skull. In the long run the recovery has been full. The other thing was that the police have a camera there that was a short 700 feet from the accident. But with my luck that spot is out of focus. So you can't see what happened. What a bummer. I even went to a video shop that transfers video to see if anything could be done and no. He'll the cameras that I use to change the traffic lights phases for side streets are better than the cameras that the cops are useing.  I guess the old phrase.      Some days chickens some days feathers.    If ya wake up in the morning and you ain't pushing up daisy is a good day.  I do say that I have Angel s  that look after me and I'm going to live to be 100 so that I can be a pain in the butt for a long time.

(Were not here for a long time were here for a good time)  love life to the fullest and enjoy it for all its worth

I am sorry for your problems, maybe just maybe if you change thoughts from were here for a good time to were here to serve others, things might get better. Not judging, just something I had to learn.  IMHO

Monkeytrucker
On 1/26/2020 at 5:47 PM, scraper said:

A while back I had some one hit me while I was waiting for a light. They crossed from the left lane over me in the rignt. I say that but I have no idea what happened. The only thing that I do remember was leaving the shop and waiting for the first light to turn left. The next thing I remember was being home. Now this happened on the 16 of Oct at 327 pm. Wednesday . I remember waking up at home on Monday and not feeling like it was a good day. Things were cloudy I called it like having a hand over. My head was pounding. The wife told me what happened. And that I was accused of running into the car. But the people that did see the after effects say that's not what happened. I have a picture of 6 guys picking the bike off me and 2 women kneeling by my head. One of them is a nurse that was headed to work at the hospital a short mile up the road. I had a good cut from hitting the curb witch caused a bit of a TBI  with a bleed between the brain and skull. In the long run the recovery has been full. The other thing was that the police have a camera there that was a short 700 feet from the accident. But with my luck that spot is out of focus. So you can't see what happened. What a bummer. I even went to a video shop that transfers video to see if anything could be done and no. He'll the cameras that I use to change the traffic lights phases for side streets are better than the cameras that the cops are using.  I guess the old phrase.      Some days chickens some days feathers.    If ya wake up in the morning and you ain't pushing up daisy is a good day.  I do say that I have Angel s  that look after me and I'm going to live to be 100 so that I can be a pain in the butt for a long time.

Glad you are telling the story.  Life is only one heart beat, because if no more happen you are gone.  Well there are exceptions such as Dick Chenney who had a turbine pump, which did not have a pulse, for a while before someone gave him a heart.  Sometimes you are pouring gasoline and the next instant in a fireball. Minus a Goldwing and a building. We can only look back on our near misses and be prepared for the next one.

scraper

In kind of disappointed with this winter we have had very little no snow. And I have put off getting the front tire that has gotten a big gouge on the side wall. You can see how the cords are laid. The only thing that's holding the air in is the inner layer of rubber.

I have one pick out with the heavy rating just haven't hit buy.