Monkeytrucker

Going to be selling motorcycles and gear.

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

My best friend's Army Reserve Captain son who was killed in a tree cutting accident a year ago last June had a small collection 6 to 10 motorcycles.  Most are crotch rockets but there is a beautiful to me CB-175.  The probate on his matters is over and now the stuff is going to be sold off.  I have been tasked with selling the bikes.  Before he got activated to go to Afghanistan where he did 18 months and earned a Bronze Star, he had started a scooter store but had to close it due to deployment.  So there are supposedly over 100 helmets still in their new boxes, who knows what is in the parts stuff he collected.  

Looks like I am going to have to find a big trailer to load the bikes on, pile everything possible in among them and drag them here.  250 mile round trip.  Then the fun begins, clean them up, try to make them run, put them up for sale and send a large percentage of the received funds to the widow and her 3 kids, 5, 7, and 9.  I have served notice that the 175 is going to stay with me and she will get the fair market price for it.  My kids rode a CB-125 to school in the same color and I had an CL-175 I rode before the XL-350 and CB-750s.  Estella rode the 175 for a few years.  

Rumor has it there is some Australian racing bike in the dome somewhere.  

Hoping to get photos and maybe post some of them here.

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Like 1

OnaWingandaPrayer

Thank you Gary for helping this family sell off the inventory. I'll be watching to see what you post for sale .  

Perhaps you can hook me up with your XL350 ;)

Monkeytrucker

I wish I still had the XL-350.  That bike was fantastic bike.  It had so much torque that the Yamaha YZ riders were scared of it. They were used to backing out of the throttle and the torque band dying instantly.