Sign in to follow this  
Mountain Rider

Never do the man thing and put it off

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Mountain Rider

The forth of July, while putting up a small shelter for our BBQ, I pulled on the frame leg and gave a yank.  The leg didn't move, but my shoulder did, in a big way.  Hurt like the dickens, but I soldered on.  Finally went to the doc and got some steroids to calm the inflammation.  That helped, so off we went on our Summer vacation trip.  Worked on the bike while we were out, and popped the shoulder a couple more times, but nothing as bad as the first time.  Got home and it eventually got bad enough I had to go to the doc again.  This trip began with steroids, followed by an MRI, followed by rotator cuff surgery, now being followed by rest and rehab.  The surgeon said had I waited another 6 weeks it would have been unrepairable.  Listen to your body and don't wait, the next time it may be too late.

• Like 1

OnaWingandaPrayer

BTDT .  I hope the recovery and rehab are going well . At least I expect your not missing much riding at this time of year. Continue rehab and be ready for spring!

• Thanks 1

Monkeytrucker

We know what you are going thru.  Four years ago Estella fell and hurt her shoulder.  She kept thinking it would go away but she ended up having to go to the MD and they did surgery on it.  The shoulder could not be fixed.

Now our son in law has had to have his repaired and just got out of his sling last Friday.  He is headed into 6 weeks of Rehab.  Not working at his job, not running his sideline of using his portable saw mill rig to cut live edge slabs and worse of all he is missing deer season.  

Hang in there, do your exercises and hopefully you will be back better than you were 6 months ago.  Besides, it is a great excuse to not have to shovel snow.

• Like 1