Sign in to follow this  
NAGF Admin

Please Join Us in Welcoming 'Pointwithinacircle' to Our Community!

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

NAGF Admin

Hello Pointwithinacircle,

Welcome to the North American Goldwings Community!

Please feel free to browse around and get to know the members. We have created this special Welcoming post for you and you are encouraged to add your own comments to this thread! I am sure many of the members will join us in welcoming you to the community by posting here as well!

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Pointwithinacircle joined on the 09/15/2019.

View Member

Pointwithinacircle

Hello,

I’m on my second year as a GW owner.  I purchased my 2007 level 4 GW in 2017.  So far I am thrilled with it.  It is a big improvement over the motorcycle I sold when purchased it, a Japanese V-twin.  I look forward to the conversations on this forum.

7F352ABE-01AD-4787-998B-7370BC02D759.jpeg

Mountain Rider

Hey, Brad

Welcome from SE Idaho!!!  Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.  :welcome-signboard-smiley-emoticon:

Pointwithinacircle

Thanks for the welcome!

When I purchased my GW it was a garage queen.  The previous owner bought her new when an accident totaled his 1500.  But he was old enough that the 1800 was a lot of work for him. So he bought a Harley and rode that.  But he loved GW’s so much that he couldn’t part with it.  I was riding my 900 Vulcan with my Harley friends when, at one of their frequent watering stops, he said rather casually, “I have a Japanese bike at home”.  I pressed him for details and he began talking about how he had ridden GW’s for 30 years and still had one in his garage.  It turned out that he rode it a few times a year but only for short distances.  

One day I went to his house and asked him to pull it out and show it to me.  I had to convince him to sell it to me.  She had 5181 miles on her when I took delivery.  The seller put new tires on her and, since he had to get the airbag and master cylinder recalls done anyway, had the dealer install a new air filter and change the oil.  

The seller included the shop manual along with all the original owners manuals and documentation, as well as three color matched helmets and a bag that fits the trunk rack.  I put 26,000 miles on my Vulcan before I sold it and plan to put many more than that on my GW.

F5F77283-0EA9-4185-83BD-6EF391DF8509.jpeg

OnaWingandaPrayer

Hello Brad . Welcome to the forum family . Enjoy the rides and visit often.