Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
Mountain Rider

Goldwing Bling

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Mountain Rider
(edited)

We can all agree that a Goldwing is a wonderful thing to behold, so what things have you done or added to make them your own?

For Black Beauty, I've worked in the "tone it down" direction.  I like a bit of chrome but not a lot.  I've added the ring of fire to the front end, some glow lights under the rear, and turn down exhaust tips.  That's about all the shiny stuff.  The windshield has been replaced with a Madstad (great shield by the way).   Since the lower front cowl chrome was dinged and peeling, I used some spray bed liner and turned it black, along with the lower exhaust shields.  I'm seriously considering painting the chrome side covers black, and maybe powder coating the engine head covers black as well.  Added a set of dark Airwings and a black stubby antenna to replace the tall OEM whip.  So what ya got?

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

terryj
(edited)

Dave, I agree, sometime less is better, on my 1800 I've added only a little chrome accents, just enough to make it mine. Who am I to judge another persons taste, I've seen some Gold Wings that look like a mirror coming down the road it had so much chrome on it. 

I do like the rotor covers, I've been thinking about getting a set for my bike. 

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

brianinpa

My 81 has just about everything that could have been bought for it and then some, and honestly, it doesn't look that bad, but I like the simple look as well.

81GL1100 R.png

1200Standard.jpeg

Mountain Rider

Brian, I've never seen a 1200 disrobed, that's a very nice looking bike.  I wouldn't mind something like that for cruising around town.  Well, no more polishing the chrome engine covers, they're now matt black.  I actually think the look of the bike with them is pretty good.  It almost has the look of the F6B, aside from the silver frame and trunk, but those are staying, so I think we're good.

brianinpa

It gets even better... that picture is with some clothing on.  This is what it looks like when it is completely naked, but right now I have a windscreen, Vetter bags and trunk on it so I have more lock-able storage for my trip to Nova Scotia the end of next week.  Usually I have just the windscreen and a pair of soft bags on it, but some things need to be locked up while you are on the road.  

1200-2.png

• Like 2

terryj

Brian, that 1200 looks really nice, my very first Gold Wing was a 1978 GL1000, I had all the Vetter fairing on it. I bought it in 1979. 

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,