Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
Mountain Rider

Past few days has been great!

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Mountain Rider

Anytime family is in town it's great.  My baby brother rode in Friday, which justified a shot and a couple beers while we relaxed and caught up on things back home.  Saturday we took it easy in the morning, then rode up to Yellowstone and Old Faithful in the afternoon.  This was his first trip into the Park.  Kinda warm, so the animals weren't out and about, and we arrived too late to see Old Faithful do its thing.  Coming home that night was a whole different experience!  The evening thunder storms closed in on us, so the last 30 miles or so we dealt with rain and lightning.  The lightning really upped the pucker factor as it was showing really purple and we had one go off right overhead, like God taking a snapshot.  Fortunately, we made it home, where another shot and beer was more than appropriate.  He rode out Sunday rather late as we were watching the weather around us.  Storms were showing up everywhere he wanted to go, so he finally decided to go toward Missoula.  He wound up spending the night in Butte then going through Red Lodge, over Beartooth Pass, back into Yellowstone through Silvergate, then looped back into Idaho and Orofino for the night.  To say he had a great and exciting ride is an understatement.  Tuesday evening, my younger brother with his wife and another couple cruised in for the night.  We all went out to dinner before coming back to the house to get some laundry done and for them to get a much needed night of sleep as they'd been camping for the last week.  They rolled out in the morning headed to Red Lodge via Yellowstone, and spent the night there.  Today, they rode Beartooth Pass and were talking about going to Glacier.  Seeing everybody was great, lots of stories and memories.  Next month, Leslie and I are heading up to see them and do it all over again.  Right now it looks like we have 17 days to cover as much of Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Washington, and Oregon as we can.  If all goes well, we'll travel through 4 National Parks, be home for my Mothers and one Brothers birthdays, visit a few old school friends, possibly see some of you fine folks, and visit Packwood, Washington for the Labor Day holiday weekend.  Everybody ride safe and keep the shiny side up.  :thumbs-up:  

• Like 2

terryj

Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself, with the exception of the pucker factor. 

• Like 1

Bluthundr31

My brother flew in from out-of-state last year and we had a similar "memory-making" ride!! It don't get better that riding the hiways with your brother!!!  We still "jab" eachother about things that happened on that ride, , brother-bonding can be an amazing thing.

I'm smile when I read that fellow riders have similar incidents of good times with these beasts!!!  GOOD JOB!

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,