Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
OnaWingandaPrayer

Have we been abandoned, left as orphans?

26 posts in this topic Last Reply

OnaWingandaPrayer

It's been six months since Christmas . The Christmas decorations are still hanging.

It's been five months since the Christmas raffle winners were announced . Last time I asked , no one had received a prize. Several were to be donated back, to be auctioned off and help defray operating expenses. I haven't seen that happen yet.

I hope all is well, but it's been four months since the forum management has visited the site. ?  

As a supporting member I am curious if the lights are about to go out ....

Moderators have any thoughts ?

Ghost Rider 2

Site seems to be on auto pilot.  And that seems to lead to lack of interest from members.  Sad to see it I have been around for years.

Mountain Rider

I've been trying to seed things from time to time, but it's been awful quiet.  Has anyone heard from John lately?

OnaWingandaPrayer

Not a clue whats up with John. The last post I saw from him was Jan. 11. (I may have missed some ) His last visit reportedly was Feb. 23 . 

Steed

I know it's riding season, but it has been slow around here.  I truly hope all is well with our leaders, I do check in a couple times a day but never have much to say.

• Like 1

Scott in PA

Well let us all hope for the best and continue to contribute....

tamathumper

I admit, I'm a checker here, and a contributor elsewhere.  Much of the conversation here involves people who've known each other for many years, attending events they've attended for many years (and out of my range), and I don't feel like I'm really an embedded member.  I'm more of a lurker here.

OnaWingandaPrayer

Allen, your correct in that many of us have met at meet n greets. I hope all who visit here feel welcome .  I read a lot here and other sites. I try and answer to things i have some knowledge of. Many folks visit  here needing that knowledge and reinforcement of what they may know but need reassurance. Please do add to any conversation you feel you can add to. 

I see your in NY and it's been a while since I am aware of a scheduled meet n greet in the northeast but there have been at least one. Perhaps the the locals in the general area could put together a weekend meet. 

We hold a southeast meet n greet each march. In a new location each year with a new host. It moves geographically so its near different folks each year. Something like that may work for you folks up there.

• Like 1

Ghost Rider 2

meet & greets are not what they once were either.  Most of them now are meet someplace, and sit around and shoot the bull.  I remember first meet and greet on Steve site. there was ride from Georgia over to Tail of the Dragon.  At first North American was in Iowa at Deans place.  We rode up to Anamosa Ia to JP Cycle for the day.  I just went last week to Arkansas met up with a dozen riders first day we did 350 mile in the mountains.  At a meet & greet if advertised that nice ride would take place maybe more people would show up.   Just my 2 cents. 

• Like 1

tamathumper

Thanks for the response, and yes I absolutely feel welcome.  There are a nice bunch of folks here.

I'm in NY for three more days, and then I'm driving the moving truck to Charlotte, NC where my wife is re-careering into the IT field and I'll be working to re-establish my business in IT strategy.

The M&G's here in NY are mostly within the GWRRA chapters, and they meet a few hundred yards from my current residence, but they only ever meet to eat.  Across the entire state of New York, all the GWRRA newsletters are full of meetings at restaurants or meetings to ride to a restaurant or ice cream shop.  I like to eat, but it's just not something I'm interested in doing as an excuse for socializing.

• Like 1

OnaWingandaPrayer

I'd say most of the meets I have been to over the last 12 years, there is food involved. But also some ride time to see the local area or take in local points of interest.

Once you get to NC you will have a lot of new riding area to learn. Also you will be in range of the Southeast meet n Greets . Hope to meet you next year.

• Like 1

Parman

For me life has gotten in the way and my priorities have changed. My bike has been out of the garage once this year for a 6 mile ride. Had a trip planned to MO that I had to cancel when my mother passed away. I have lost interest in riding and debating on keeping or selling the wing. Its paid for but depreciating the longer I let it sit there if I'm not going to ride it. I will hold on to it one more year incase I get the bug again..

terryj

Don, I hear you, here at our house has changed quite a bit, we have adopted our grandchildren so raising kids is back in the works after a 30 year break. I ride when I can so for the past couple of years it's been difficult. I like to ride with my wife and she love to ride, so when we can get someone to watch the kids for a couple of days we will go for a weekend ride. I thought about selling the bike, but I just can bring myself to do it. I know if I did I would regret it and then I pine for the ride again. 

• Like 1

terryj

I noticed in my post I remark "adopted out grandchildren, it should be "adopted our grandchildren",  So how do you edit your post once it's been posted, I don't see an edit button.

Mountain Rider

Terry, right below your post you should see a set of quote marks and a pencil next to it.  Click on the pencil, that's your edit button.  

Don, sorry to hear about your Mom.  I know priorities change, and for any number of reasons.  Whatever you decide, it has been a pleasure to talk to you here, and hope to continue to see you here for a bit longer.  Terry, don't sell your Wing just yet, I'd still like to see you guys.  We're looking at going to Crater Lake this Summer, so maybe then.

roscoepc

I fixed it.....

Halfling

Trying to get my piss poor attitude fixed and it's been really hard for me. I'm afraid I stepped into a black hole for a bit and let stuff that happened to me control me and my attitude. All I can say is that it's been very very hard for me this year but with the support of my true friends I will bounce back and get on with it.

P.S. This site isn't going away and it will continue to be here for those of you that stick around....

• Like 1

Steed
(edited)

One thing I'm full John is patience, well maybe two things but one is socially acceptable.  Life happens to all of us.  Don, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom.  I always enjoyed seeing/talking with you.  Prayers for you and family to heal from your greif.

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OnaWingandaPrayer

John , I hope your situation is improving and life gets back nearer to  normal.  May the rest of the year be better to/for you .

We all have life issues to deal with . Sometimes we share at least parts of these problems  other times we keep it all bottled up inside. 

When I wasn't seeing your normal checking into the site for such a long period I was not sure what was going on. I should have called or PM to you . My bad.

mike

Bluthundr31

John, , and the rest of you good folks here, , , ,Its GREAT to see you again and I'm glad this place will be here.  I was worried as H-E double hockey sticks when I didn't see you all. 

I'm not sure how much help I can be, , , but if any of you need some support or someone to "listen", , ,let me know and I'll be there for ya.

Respects to all,

Dennis

brianinpa

Hang in there my friend.  You were there for me when I needed help, if you need anything, I'm always here.

terryj
On 7/1/2019 at 4:31 PM, Mountain Rider said:

Terry, right below your post you should see a set of quote marks and a pencil next to it.  Click on the pencil, that's your edit button.  

Don, sorry to hear about your Mom.  I know priorities change, and for any number of reasons.  Whatever you decide, it has been a pleasure to talk to you here, and hope to continue to see you here for a bit longer.  Terry, don't sell your Wing just yet, I'd still like to see you guys.  We're looking at going to Crater Lake this Summer, so maybe then.

Dave, Let me know when you in the area, we would love to ride with you to Crater Lake. 

Mountain Rider

Will do, Terry.  We're going to be on the road from late August to mid September.  Hopefully I can get a more accurate date for you soon.  

Vito

Frankly, activity creates more activity. When things get quiet, with few new threads, that reduces interest, leading to even less activity. I think the real problem is the existence of more than one forum for Goldwing riders, diluting the interest on any one of the forums. Just my two cents.

OnaWingandaPrayer

This is very likely a possibility . I read at multiple sites daily. I would not say any of them are really busy.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,