Sign in to follow this  
2007 Wingnut

2020 four corners trip

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

2007 Wingnut

My buddy and I are planning a 2020 road trip and thinking of doing the four corners of the U.S. Has anyone mapped out (on a Word Doc or Excel) a daily trip, and dates they took the trip? Thinking about May or early September.

Mountain Rider

The scenery is beautiful out there, and timing is everything.  Others may chime in, but I'd vote for the May time frame as temps should still be reasonably comfortable.  Early September I'm afraid the temps are still in the Summer range and can make a day in the sun a bit overwhelming.  Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!  Also, have your camera ready and be prepared to stop.  The rock formations around the area are phenomenal, and actually more impressive than the "Four Corners" site itself.  Just my opinion though.  Hope you make it a great trip, ride safe.    

brianinpa
(edited)

Dave... I think he is referring to this Four Corners trip:

The Four Corners rules are simple, you have 21 days to ride your motorcycle to these four cities around the country; Blaine, Washington, Madawaska, Maine, Key West, Florida and San Ysidro, California. You may start in any one of the corners, any time of year that you want, taking any route you wish.

A friend of mine did it last year.  Not sure what he has, but I will ask him, he did it in August.

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Like 1

tamathumper

I recommend August for Maine, the black flies and mosquitoes will be almost bearable and the snow will be almost gone.

Just kidding.  About the snow.

• Like 1

brianinpa

When I was stationed in Brunswick,  we still had a pile of snow at the end of the runway in August.  Now it didnt look like snow anymore, but it was still there.

• Like 1

Mountain Rider
On 6/21/2019 at 1:08 PM, brianinpa said:

Dave... I think he is referring to this Four Corners trip:

The Four Corners rules are simple, you have 21 days to ride your motorcycle to these four cities around the country; Blaine, Washington, Madawaska, Maine, Key West, Florida and San Ysidro, California. You may start in any one of the corners, any time of year that you want, taking any route you wish.

A friend of mine did it last year.  Not sure what he has, but I will ask him, he did it in August.

Aahhhh!  :dont-know-sm: