Sign in to follow this  
Mountain Rider

So where do you hang your hat at the end of the day?

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

Mountain Rider

For those of you who don't tow a camp trailer behind you on long trips, where do you hang your hat when the days travels have ended?  Hotels, motels, campgrounds,  a cabin, a tent, or just a sleeping bag thrown out on the ground?  

tamathumper

In for the replies.

Last year on a cross-country tour, we stayed at hotels every night, because it was spur-of-the-moment and we didn't do any planning at all.

This year, we're better equipped and taking a sleeping bag/mat/liner and a tent, so camping is possible, I'm just not sure how likely. 🙄

• Like 1

waltja02

We usually stay in hotel/motel on our trips.

I am getting ready to ride from Indiana to the grand canyon in June and plan to do the hotel/motel thing for that as well.

• Like 2

brianinpa

I have a Eureka Tetragon 9 tent: 9X9X6'  I'm able to set-up and tear down in about 20 to 30 minutes.  Gives me plenty of room for me and all my stuff.  This year I'm trying a hammock, so that should be fun and interesting. 

• Like 2

terryj

We stay in a motel/hotel when riding. I like having a hot shower and a comfortable bed at the end of a day of riding. 

• Like 2

Dusty Boots

Could be all of the above, but usually in a campground.

1815019862_PonderosaCGUT.thumb.jpg.aa829f64ead968940a6c8928f07c9927.jpg1842336951_FresnoReservoirMT.thumb.jpg.9f97df22d623b259ef88fdbcc306454f.jpg328237915_BlueberryPatchCG.thumb.jpg.5180b03eaabbbe1947f26a543d4e815a.jpg1072161227_LostCreelCGCraterLakeNPOR.thumb.jpg.4e0a21da58ff6250dcd22210be5367fe.jpg1030493604_PanhandleCG.thumb.jpg.2235dd2ea3b77da1b9ba2fe9c7890b82.jpg2096306202_Itch-Kep-PeParkColumbusMT.thumb.jpg.231d086a7060ba34ea8003ca87ad7897.jpg91279723_BobScottCGNV.thumb.jpg.632ec8b73564286f3517569542d38b30.jpg644218889_BarrysBaywiththeBoys.thumb.jpg.e95dec9a6d69e8b53858d2704d6a5ab9.jpg

• Like 2

Monkeytrucker

After switching from a luxury bike, GOLDWING, to a common bone shaker machine, you need a motel with a vibrating bed and a stack of quarters so you body does not have to switch from vibrating to being at rest.  Every watch those v-twin riders eat soup while on a ride? probably not as the spoon would splatter soup all over.

Great to see your photos.  Someone will be happy to see them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mountain Rider

Dusty, those are some great pics, thanks.  :thumbs-up:

• Like 1

Dusty Boots
4 hours ago, Monkeytrucker said:

After switching from a luxury bike, GOLDWING, to a common bone shaker machine, you need a motel with a vibrating bed and a stack of quarters so you body does not have to switch from vibrating to being at rest.  Every watch those v-twin riders eat soup while on a ride? probably not as the spoon would splatter soup all over.

Great to see your photos.  Someone will be happy to see them.

Still diggin the new ride, Gary  ...  still diggin it!

Not very far at all from the smoothness of the wing, but ergonomics/storage capacity and gas mileage are way better.  

Monkeytrucker
19 hours ago, Dusty Boots said:

Still diggin the new ride, Gary  ...  still diggin it!

Not very far at all from the smoothness of the wing, but ergonomics/storage capacity and gas mileage are way better.  

Dusty, Estella's gold wing does not shake at all.  It is really settled in under the vehicle storage spot. 😥

Glad to see you are still kicking.

undefined

• Like 1

Mountain Rider

Well, at least for this next trip, I'm in the tent.  Had a broken pole, so a replacement is coming, one little worn spot in the floor, but a patch took care of that.  I'm debating whether to get a new air mattress or a nice compact cot.