Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
RIdgerunner

Fuel Gauge/Economy ‘98 GL1500 SE

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

RIdgerunner

What kind of mileage do you guys get on a tankful of gas? My wife and I just rode a fundraiser and I wasn’t paying attention to miles and my fuel gauge was just over 1/4 tank and I ran out at 141 miles. I rarely let it get below 1/4 tank because I don’t trust gauges. I filled it up into the neck before we started the ride. I have been reading about guys riding 200+ miles on a tankful. I get 33-35mpg like most everyone else but have never got that kind of distance. When I pull my trailer I get around 27mpg. Are they riding alone on a flat road? Down hill? I got home and pulled the fuel pump out and siphoned most of the gas out and worked the float up and down a few times really slowly and started the bike with the gauge almost on empty and poured fuel back in and the gauge seems to be fine now. Any ideas?

OnaWingandaPrayer

The fuel gauge on the 1500 is known to be inaccurate. Some folks will drain the tank, and make adjustments to the float. 

on my 94 I routinely would run to 200-212 miles before filling. I rode by the trip meter rather then the gauge.

RIdgerunner

Most of the time I have my wife with me so I suppose that’s where the difference is. But, guess I’ll just have to keep an eye on it. Thanks!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,