Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
NAGF Admin

Please Join Us in Welcoming 'bhurt' to Our Community!

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

NAGF Admin

Hello bhurt,

Welcome to the North American Goldwings Community!

Please feel free to browse around and get to know the members. We have created this special Welcoming post for you and you are encouraged to add your own comments to this thread! I am sure many of the members will join us in welcoming you to the community by posting here as well!

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

bhurt joined on the 04/27/2019.

View Member

OnaWingandaPrayer

Hello Brad. Welcome to the forum family . Visit often and enjoy the rides.

bhurt

Thanks for the welcome!  Here is the bike.  I just picked her up thursday and rode it the 80 mile trip home last night in 35 Fahrenheit temps and winds gusting to 25mph.  I noticed a little bit of a wobble from time to time on the highway but nothing that was unreasonable.  I've done some investigating already and think that it could be a tire pressure issue or a front fork pressure issue, I am still trying to figure out if i have air in the front shocks or if they have been replaced with progressive springs.

Anyways, about the bike, it has new tires, brakes, hoses, cables, carbs are done, pretty much everything, previous owner had an emotional attachment to the bike because it belonged to a good friend of his that passed away and the family gifted the bike to this gentleman.  He kept it in storage for a couple years and then had it completely gone over last fall.  With $2200 in repairs done to it. 

When we finished the deal he had tears in his eyes and made me promise to take care of it and send him pictures of it when i get a chance to travel places with it.  

IMG_4291.jpg

IMG_4293.jpg

IMG_4294.jpg

IMG_4333.jpg

IMG_4334.jpg

Mountain Rider
(edited)

Hey, Brad

Welcome from SE Idaho!!!  Congrats, that's a beautiful bike, ride her safe and keep the shiny side up.  :welcome-signboard-smiley-emoticon:

It's amazing how these bikes get passed along, some through normal sales and upgrade to the next model.  Others as yours, where an owner passes and the bike moves on.  I've had two come to me like that.  My 86 Aspy, now owned by another member here, was owned by a gentleman whose riding partner was his Uncle.  The Uncle got sick and passed, the owner of the Aspy just stopped riding and after his Uncles bike was sold, he decided to sell his, thus it came to me.  My 1800 belonged to a gentleman who was 84.  He passed away and his sons were clearing his estate, and as such, Black Beauty came to be mine.  The same as you, the sons had tears in their eyes when I pulled out of the driveway.  Imagine the stories these bikes could tell if they could talk.  Be safe and enjoy.

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Like 1

NC Aspenwing

Welcome to the forum Brad.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,