Sign in to follow this  
Mountain Rider

Sad anniversary today

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Mountain Rider

It's been 18 years, and today, every year, never gets any better.  9:40 Pm on the 21st of April, 2001, our youngest daughter was killed in an auto accident.  Kids driving too fast (she was a passenger in the back), drunk drivers coming the other way over the center line, and the phone call no parent should ever have to take.  Just 3 hours earlier we had been at a studio taking new family photos, and she was standing behind me with her hand on my shoulder.  

As we all get ready for the next riding season, think about what you're doing, the condition you're in, and watch out for the other guy.  It may see you or someone else child return home safe, so no one has to take that phone call.  

God bless and keep you, love you Sissy...….Dad 

• Sad 1

tamathumper

Sorry for your loss.  With four daughters and a grand daughter, I realize you can never relax and never rest for fear of their safety and welfare.

• Like 1

Mountain Rider

Unfortunately you can't lock them up and set them on a shelf either.  It's a sad truth about life, but the only way to get through it is to allow them to live it.  Thanks, Allen  :angel-praying-still:

• Like 1

tamathumper
(edited)

You're very welcome.  Have a safe and restful Easter.

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]