Sign in to follow this  
devansgirl

Snorebaby

38 posts in this topic Last Reply

Rudy

[user=12]mikef[/user] wrote:

Was there a pot for a fader in that mess?

Yes there is. I told him to save the harness and plugs and we are going to make a stable fixed-setting system out of some 20 W resistors, using the connectors and wire.

Those forking connectors cost me a fortune if you have to have some.

mikef

What was this for?

Snorebaby

That was for the power distribution of all the other junk that was on there and now no longer there....remember all them wires? They went NOWHERE! They had just been cut and left in place when all the other accessories were removed.

Rudy

[user=12]mikef[/user] wrote:

What was this for?

Man, that's a turd in a toaster. :whip::whip::whip:

mikef

[user=9]Snorebaby[/user] wrote:

That was for the power distribution of all the other junk that was on there and now no longer there....remember all them wires? They went NOWHERE! They had just been cut and left in place when all the other accessories were removed.

That's what I thought it was. This guy you bought it from. Was he a member at SS's?

Snorebaby

Yes he is....but it wasn't his fault...the only thing he added was some LED's....which wasn't wired badly...he probably got it like that and just didn't do anything about it. So he is not to blame.

Being a 1990....I don't know how many other PO's had it before him. I know of at least 2 by some of the paperwork I found in the bike. I think the bike started in NJ and has worked its way South.:wave:

Rudy

[user=9]Snorebaby[/user] wrote:

Yes he is....but it wasn't his fault...the only thing he added was some LED's....which wasn't wired badly...he probably got it like that and just didn't do anything about it. So he is not to blame.

Being a 1990....I don't know how many other PO's had it before him. I know of at least 2 by some of the paperwork I found in the bike. I think the bike started in NJ and has worked its way South.:wave:

So it's going to So. Fla to retire? Must be Jewish? :whistle:

No excuse for leaving that mess. You aren't leaving it and you have only had it for a week or two.

lucky_x16

And I thought my 1200 had a lot of wires loose in it.

At least you had a localized junction instead of a splice of a splice of a splice.

Vegaswingnut

:wave: Hi snorebaby, Welcome to the NAGF! :wave:

Congrats on the new ride!

Wow, that's some mess you have there. Hopefully the wires were disconnected by the PO before he just whacked em. While you have all that plastic off, you might want to think about changing your secondary air filters. It would make the job allot easier for you.

Snorebaby

[user=650]lucky_x16[/user] wrote:

At least you had a localized junction instead of a splice of a splice of a splice.

Actually that was only part of it....there was still a splice of a splice of a splice.

Snorebaby

[user=75]Vegaswingnut[/user] wrote:

:wave: Hi snorebaby, Welcome to the NAGF! :wave:

Congrats on the new ride!

Wow, that's some mess you have there. Hopefully the wires were disconnected by the PO before he just whacked em. While you have all that plastic off, you might want to think about changing your secondary air filters. It would make the job allot easier for you.

Thanks Vegaswingnut!! I have been a member for almost a year, just dont' post much.

The wires weren't disconnected:rock:.....that made it kinda scary and one of the driving forces for me to dive into it this soon. I am making the accessory lights and new driving lights to be live only when the key is on. The LED pods will be straight off the battery, but better wired than they are now. I fixed the rear spoiler light so that it works like it should, running and brake light. It was only burning the high intensity side all the time. Gonna make it a flashing brake light soon.

jpwalter

[user=650]lucky_x16[/user] wrote:

Yea my 1200 had like 3 splices in the power line from the accessory port to the radio!!! Dad and I have ben doing some rewiring needless to say. well mostly he just stands there and talks to me.

Warlock

[user=681]jpwalter[/user] wrote:

[user=5]Rudy[/user] wrote:
Wow. A non-admin member who actually HAS a 1200. Nice.

Welcome Aboard it's a wild ride!!!

Hey I'm not an Admin and I have a 1200!!

Welcome aboard. Me too. I'm not an admin and I have a 1200.