Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Mountain Rider

DHS Racing shift linkage

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Mountain Rider

Is anyone using the DHS Racing linkage on their 1800.  I noticed a tremendous amount of slop in my stock linkage, and after some searching, found the DHS linkage which seems to be the ultimate fix.  For $35, I don't see how picking one can be a bad idea.  What do you think? 

OnaWingandaPrayer

Dave, all reports I have have read say it's a great improvement. Makes me want to go spend some $ and find out myself . But I can wait till install one and give a up to date report ;) .

Mountain Rider

Mike, I will do that just for you.  :wink-sm:  I called Dan at DHS Racing and discussed it in some detail, after which he sent me an email with a Paypal  money request attached.  Filled that out and should have a new shift linkage on the way.  I can see why the OEM parts fail.  Heim joints are riveted steel or aluminum.  The DHS version is machined stainless with bolts and nylon lock nuts, and fully adjustable.  I'm hoping to have it in hand and installed in the next week or so, so I'll let you know.  FYI, the $35 price tag includes shipping.

• Like 1

OnaWingandaPrayer

That seems a very reasonable price. I hope it works out well for you .

Mountain Rider

The new linkage came in yesterday, looks very nice and well built.  Rather than put my riding on hold if I screw up the shifter rebuild, I decided to error on the side of caution.  I picked up a second complete shift lever, link, and shift arm for $10.  I'll rebuild it on the bench and have it ready, so when I pull the setup off the bike, I can just put this one right back in place.  I may even buy another linkage and rebuild the original for a complete spare either for myself or someone else if the need arises.  I'll post up some pics as I start to rebuild the shifter so you can see what I've got.  

• Like 1