Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Scott in PA

Planning 2nd Major Western Excursion July 2019

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Scott in PA

Red-Canyon-Run.thumb.jpg.10f49a4d3fe5887d995e27c079b2b04c.jpgdestination!

Grand-Canyon-Entrance.jpg

Bryce-Sign.jpg

natural bridges.jpg

arches1.jpg

Mountain Rider

Nice pics!  Those are some beautiful areas, where do you think you'll visit this time around?

Scott in PA

Somehow my text was removed... ahh the internets!
This year we are going to trailer to Rapid City. What intrigued me and prompted me to post was the scrolling pictures here...the first one was Custer State Park and that is the first destination on our list! Black Hills, Rushmore, Needles Highway, then re-trailer to Kalispell, MT and head up through Going to the Sun Road & Ice Fields Parkway to Banff then back. All told it will be 5 1/2 days truckin' and 7 days riding.

Mountain Rider

That'll be fun.  Good luck, ride safe, and enjoy your trip.

• Like 1

OnaWingandaPrayer

What a beautiful country we have to visit . Enjoy the sights. Please bring us along with the camera.

winger77

Your going to see some amazing country. July is a good time for the GTTSR and the Ice Fields. But you might want to make it in the mid to late July because of the snow pack they had this year. I missed out on the GTTSR my first time because it wasn’t cleared of the snow yet, and that was July 8-9. I think it opened on the 12th, but I had already moved on. And then I rode the Ice Fields in some “heavy snow flurry’s”.  Great adventure for sure. Enjoy and be safe.

• Like 1

Scott in PA

Thanks for the input.. we had to plan around Sturgis as we're definitely not Sturgis material!

Jluvs2dive

I am actually thinking about doing Glacier and Banff NP again this Summer.  Haven't decided on a time frame.  Sounds like you have a great trip planned!

John

Dusty Boots

With the above average snow pack this year, I would think mid/late July for Glacier NP at the earliest, John

• Like 1

Jluvs2dive

Indeed Ken, that's what I figured as well.  The GTS road may not even be open all the way until at least mid-July.