Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
bindolus

Mobil 1 filter

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

bindolus

Has anyone used the Mobil 1 oil filter

# M1 108A on a 2010 GL1800?

Mountain Rider
(edited)

I'm sorry, I haven't run the Mobil1 filter personally, but I've not heard anything bad about them either.  My filter of choice is the Wix WL-10000.  Never had a bad experience with these.  Welcome aboard and good luck.

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

bindolus

Thanks for the reply..

Mobil is one of the largest and best funded research automotive oil corporations..

They have some of the best chemist and R&D programs..

I have to assume their products are the best or as close to the best you can find??

I've read about Amsoil and Rotella as being popular oils for the Goldwing.. Especially Amsoil for having the characteristics that make shifting quieter and smoother..

Not sure why Mobil 1 doesn't seem to be mentioned much??

Mountain Rider

Yeah, Mobil 1 oil is great, used by many Goldwing riders.  I've used it in my 03, and it has done well.  Rotella is one of the most popular oils used and this can be seen on just about every Goldwing board.  Rotella T6 is probably number one, but be aware there are two versions.  One is for gas engines, believe it or not, you don't want this one.  The Rotella T6 for Diesel is the version you want to use.  This is the synthetic oil with the JASO MA/MA2 rating.  I'm currently running Rotella T4, which meets the same standards (JASO MA/MA2), but is dino oil instead of syn.  I must say oil is a subject that gets a lot of response.  It tends to be a very personal choice, not only for you but your bike as well.  It's odd but some bikes just seem to like different oils, running or shifting smoother depending on the particular oil in use.  As long as you're running a quality oil that meets the rating requirements, play with it and find what makes you both happy.   

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,