Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Mountain Rider

Dunlop D250/D250F

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Mountain Rider

Per the owners manual, these are what came on the bike.  Has anyone run these recently, or have we just moved on when they wear out?

Ghost Rider 2

I would recommend to stay away from those.  Honda put them on a few years and very few people liked them.  Couped very bad.  Hard compound and did not hold road well.  In rain they were a handful.. 

Mountain Rider

Nice to know, I had never seen them before.  Visually they look nice, but looks can be deceiving.  I don't know why, but I was cruising the owners manual and took a look at the tire labels.  Dunlop 250 and Bridgestone 704/709's listed by name.

Ghost Rider 2

As far as bike tires I have always had the best luck with Bridgestone. I still use the stock Bridgestone front with my Pirelli car tire rear. I have used the BT 45 and a Mich pilot active on front of Cheryl's trike they both wear great.  But have not had the nerve to try on bike yet. 

Mountain Rider

So which Bridgestone are you running?

Ghost Rider 2

I run the 709. Front.  I get 9 to 14 thousand.  Depending if I am on a summer trip riding. Or not acting my age riding in Mountains of Arkansas.   I think if I could spend a month down there I might get front tire milage down to 4 or 5 thousand.   But wow that is great riding in Arkansas.

Mountain Rider
(edited)

Here's another question for anyone, has anyone run a bias ply tire on the front, or front and rear of an 1800?  I know many have run the BT-45 and seem to  like it, so I guess that answers whether you can run one on the front.  The only reason I ask is because I'm running a CT on the rear, so the rules are out the window already.  My younger brother runs an American Elite on his Harley, and swears by them.  I've considered running one on the 1800, just to give it a try.  He's been getting around 19-20,000 miles out of his with nary a slip in wet or dry conditions.  Heck, I'd run them front and rear if I could get that kinda mileage out of a bias tire.  I just don't know how the wing would handle bias vs running a radial.  Would the bike even know?

Edited by Mountain Rider

Mountain Rider

Well, I wussed out on the American Elite, went ahead and ordered a Bridgestone 709 for the front this evening.  I'll try it with the Pirelli P1 for now, although I may get the 704 rear and give her a shot later.

Ghost Rider 2

In my opinion you made the best choice.  I have riden on many different tires over the years.  The 709 I think is the best.  I ride with several guys down in Arkansas in the mountains.  Most everyone uses the 709. The grip on tight corners at speed is fantastic.  I think you will be happy.