Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
ross

passenger seat length adjustabl3?

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

ross

I currently ride a Yamaha Vstar 1300 tourer.  I am seriously considering a Goldwing Trike.  I need to know if the passenger seat on the Goldwing can be lengthened to accommodate a larger than average person.  The Harley Triglide top luggage container called a Tourpak can be adusted to provide 3 additional inches in length for the passenger.  Can the Goldwing be similarly adjusted?  The Harley adustement requires an after market bracket assembly be installed.  I am willing to do something similar to a Goldwing, if possible.  Thank you for your attention to this matter.  

OnaWingandaPrayer

The Goldwing does not come with an adjustable tour box. That said there are many folks who have made brakets to move them back 2-3 inches. There may be diagrams on this forum, though I am not certain of that.

Mountain Rider

Hey, Ross

First off, welcome!!!  :welcome-signboard-smiley-emoticon:  As to adjusting the trunk, I believe there are brackets that can be used, but another option is to mount a 1/4" aluminum plate to the existing brackets.  Match the width of those brackets, then add an additional 2 or 3 inches to the length to your plate.  Place the trunk on your plate, mark the holes, drill them, and bolt the trunk in the new location.  We did this on my 86 Aspy and the difference was amazing.  Good luck and good riding.    

ross

A big thank you to OnaWingandaprayer and Mountain Rider.  I am a serious rider who loves my current two wheeled conveyance.  At the same time, I realize I need the stability of 3 wheels to continue having my wife ride with me.  I am thankful she likes to come with, but after almost dropping my cycle a while back with her on it when I had to come to an unexpected stop, I made the decision to add a wheel when we ride tandem.  I believe that the Goldwing is a more reliable cycle than a Harley Ultra Classic.  (Sorry, Harley lovers).  You have entirely answered my question.  Again, thank you.  I may have another question or two as I get closer to purchase day.    

NC Aspenwing

Welcome to the forum Ross